UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Anyone else think that performance has probably just secured Neuer a move to United in the summer?! ;)

Fergie praised him after the game as well.

Bayern have supposed to have had a deal in place with Neuer for quite a while now,so nope I think his off to Bayern,espically with his comments about leaving Germany the other week as well.

Bayern have supposed to have had a deal in place with Neuer for quite a while now' date='so nope I think his off to Bayern,espically with his comments about leaving Germany the other week as well.[/quote']

Fair enough, either place is obviously going to be good for him, as he really is a top quality keeper! I did hear United could be lining up a move for De Gea as well.

Fair enough' date=' either place is obviously going to be good for him, as he really is a top quality keeper! I did hear United could be lining up a move for De Gea as well.[/quote']

I have heard about the De Gea link too....I would think that was a more likely target for United. Ferguson seemed almost resigned that he had no chance of getting Neuer in his interview tonight. With Atletico getting Asenjo back in the summer then De Gea could well go

"Manchester United was never an option for me. I will focus now on my performances and my team, all the other things don't matter at the moment," Neuer told Sky Germany.

Did anyone else see VDS' interview before the game also? Could stay for another year.... De Gea will be the best in the world in a year anyway :):P

"Manchester United was never an option for me. I will focus now on my performances and my team' date=' all the other things don't matter at the moment," Neuer told Sky Germany.

Did anyone else see VDS' interview before the game also? Could stay for another year.... De Gea will be the best in the world in a year anyway :):P[/quote']Disappointed if thats indeed what was said, would prefer him to De Gea....

But then I would prefer De Gea to... Barthez, Foster, Bosnich, Taibi, Carroll, Van Der Gouw, Ricardo or Culkin :o

"Manchester United was never an option for me. I will focus now on my performances and my team' date=' all the other things don't matter at the moment," Neuer told Sky Germany.

Did anyone else see VDS' interview before the game also? Could stay for another year.... De Gea will be the best in the world in a year anyway :):P[/quote']

Disappointed if thats indeed what was said' date=' would prefer him to De Gea....

[/quote']

That was on goal.com. Never trusted,that website, never will :)

Number 1 website for stirring up gossip ;)

_52357016_neuerfergie464.jpg

He fairly praised him after the game saying "it was one of the best performances from a goalie i've ever seen against us". He's always been my No.1 target to replace VDS so hopefully he changes his mind about moving to Bayern. He's just afraid to leave the country lol. And he said he wants to move because of Champions League football regularly? Bayern might not qualify for it :P

Can't wait for the El Clasico tomorrow - should be a great game of football :)

Really? Have you watched the last couple on Real Barca games? They weren't --that- bad, but Madrid (ie Mourinho's ego) will play with 8 defenders, fronted by Ozil and Ronaldo, and counter attack. In that last game Ronaldo was his only starting "striker". Ultra negative approaches don't make great games.

Did anyone else see VDS' interview before the game also? Could stay for another year.... De Gea will be the best in the world in a year anyway :):P[/quote']

Best in the world ??..come on..And everyone seems to forget about Szczesny..:D

Really? Have you watched the last couple on Real Barca games? They weren't --that- bad' date=' but Madrid (ie Mourinho's ego) will play with 8 defenders, fronted by Ozil and Ronaldo, and counter attack. In that last game Ronaldo was his only starting "striker". Ultra negative approaches don't make great games.[/quote']

Depends though on what jozua's interpretation of a 'good game of football' is. Playing on the counter is in no means something to bore a viewer, well me personally i love it when teams break at pace from their own penalty area.

It's very rare we see games full of goals for both teams, nowadays there's much more pressure on coaches to get result's, so they will set their team on the counter. At times though, like in this case, there is no other way the team will be able to beat the opposition, let's face it, no one is able to match Barcelona's play, so you can't really imagine Madrid taking any other approach to the game.

Sergio Busquets you are an absolute embarrassment, what a poof. He didn't even get touched and he is down and out like he has been shot! Absolutely hate that, Spanish sides seem to be very fond of this tactic from the games I've seen. :rolleyes:

I'm supporting Madrid tonight though, then Ronaldo to score the winner in the final against United! :P

Ugh, some of the playacting has been absolutely shameful. I honestly don't know how the players can live themselves for resorting to such disgusting antics, or how the managers can allow it. I know we live in a "win at all costs" environment these days, but it really makes me angry. I bet Cloughie's turning in his grave...

Sergio Busquets you are an absolute embarrassment' date=' what a poof. He didn't even get touched and he is down and out like he has been shot! Absolutely hate that, Spanish sides seem to be very fond of this tactic from the games I've seen. :rolleyes:

I'm supporting Madrid tonight though, then Ronaldo to score the winner in the final against United! :P[/quote']

All of them are at it, some teams even kick extra balls on to waste time as they use a multi ball system.

Hahaha! Scuffle at half-time too. That looked like the Barca sub keeper, and one of the Madrid coaching staff in the middle of it, then there is Ramos. I actually love him, he brings quite a lot of entertainment tbh, and just as I type... Pinto the sub has been sent off hahahaha.

INJURE VALDES!! :D