UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Might be a all Spain Europe finals' date=' Madrid vs Bilbao and Barca vs RM ;)

Spain dominating the football stage B)[/quote']

To be fair all three are losing going to their home legs (admittedly one to a Spanish side), so not total dominance ;)

Perhaps it just shows that the Europa league teams are focussing on that competition, what with never being able to get the top two places.

To be fair all three are losing going to their home legs (admittedly one to a Spanish side)' date=' so not total dominance ;)

Perhaps it just shows that the Europa league teams are focussing on that competition, what with never being able to get the top two places.[/quote']

True, they are concentrating on the EL as RM and Barca will probably in the CL for another infinity years :P

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EXCLUSIVE-Dutch-masters-Edwin-van-der-Sar-and-Ronald-Koeman-slam-Chelsea-s-defensive-tactics-against-Barcelona-article893694.html

I'm sure the Feynoord biss has found a much better way of beating Barcelona. I couldn't care less how my team wins, or how any other team wins.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EXCLUSIVE-Dutch-masters-Edwin-van-der-Sar-and-Ronald-Koeman-slam-Chelsea-s-defensive-tactics-against-Barcelona-article893694.html

I'm sure the Feynoord biss has found a much better way of beating Barcelona. I couldn't care less how my team wins' date=' or how any other team wins.[/quote']

They were both pretty annoying imo, especially VdSar. But then again how stupid are you to invite an ex Utd goalie to say something about Chelsea :rolleyes:

Edwin's a great goalie but honestly he's not all that good at talking.

Btw credit's to Koeman for what he did to Feyenoord this season, though he's probably a big Barca fan too (like all the commentators at Dutch national television, really annoying).

Respuesta: Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Spanish newspaper sport had to alter today's front page. Can anyone guess what they altered? :o

sport-cover-xavi-puyol.jpg

Hahaha everybody is talking about it here in Spain. #Xavi and a few hot phrases were TT in Twitter last night.

Hmm Chelsea need to go for the kill IMO. If they sit back' date=' they'll lose. Was the opposite at Stamford Bridge, but this is Nou Camp. [/b']

That's all very well and good but ,unless you've got the Superstars of Real Madrid, then you've got no choice but to defend for your lives. Even then, Madrid still mainly rely on the counter against Barca. It's all very well saying go attack Barcelona but few teams are actually capable of doing so, especially in the Nou Camp.

Hmm Chelsea need to go for the kill IMO. If they sit back' date=' they'll lose. Was the opposite at Stamford Bridge, but this is Nou Camp. [/b']

If Chelsea open up and attack Barca they will get thumped in a very big way, the best chance they have got is to defend amazingly and counter attack well, event then its going to be a struggle

Hmmm, playing Cuenca is a bit risky IMO. It's like the Tello incident from Saturday night.

Oh well, at least the lad is getting first team action. Hopefully if he does bad, his confidence won't be knocked...

Good player though.

Hmmm' date=' playing Cuenca is a bit risky IMO. It's like the Tello incident from Saturday night.

Oh well, at least the lad is getting first team action. Hopefully if he does bad, his confidence won't be knocked...

Good player though.[/quote']

Poor choice to be fair in my opinion. CL is all theyve got left this season. Pep hould be playing the stars of the team. No Alves either and playing three at the back. Could be exposed.

I can see why they've gone for Cuenca. His pace should worry Ivanovic and Luiz isn't there to cover. Fabregas was useless in the first leg too.

EDIT: Just seen the full Barca side and can't believe they've gone with three at the back again. Real killed them on the break at the weekend.

Thinking with my English heart, instead of my head, I think we'll see Chelsea go through to the final after a 2-1 loss tonight. My prediction is 2-2 on aggregate, Chelsea through on away goals - leaving Barcelona with 3 consecutive defeats.