UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Tbh I wasn't surprised by Celtic's defeat. It was inevitable. They've been poor in the CL. If Elfsborg didn't play like wimps in the previous round then Celtic would have been eliminated. They miss Wanyama, Hooper and (for this tie) Wilson badly.

Anyway, Borat's delighted:

J88-RdWnNT0

PSV has pretty interesting young squad. Very young. Hopefully they can really challenge AC Berlusconi in this tie. Unfortunately, I fear that Milan will make experience pay and win this match up. Nevertheless, interesting tie.

Another very interesting one is, of course, Lyon - Real Sociedad, both with young and attacking minded, technically gifted squads. I think we will see a lot of goals. Sociedad's defence seems pretty slow, so Grenier's and Gourcuffs passes to fast forwards like Benzia and Lacazette should cause them enough trouble. Meanwhile, Sociedad's AM's are pretty technical and play very fast, and Lyon's defence has little experience in Europe, so although they have only conceded from penalty this season, I reckon Anthony Lopes might have some work tonight.

Ballaki out of first leg but back for second.

I think PSV will give AC a lot of problems. Depay is the one to watch.

Bakalli :D

Locadia is more dangeros then Depay,Depay play more in wing Locadia tends to go more direct on goal , lucky for us he is only on the bench .My major concern is Wijnaldum and maybe Matavz ,didn't see him yet this season .

awesomeness

iV70W1Z71PzX4.gif

Yeah.

On a side note, Miquel Lopes simply lacks the level. If OL gets to CL, they really need to send Lopes back to Spain and insist on Corchia.

I reckon Miquel Lopes won't last the whole match. Sociedad see he is the weak link and attack him constantly. He will either be subbed (hope so) or sent off (already has one yellow and expect him to get another one if this continues). Meanwhile, I have to say, that Sociedad leads 2-0 completely against the course of the match. By the course of the match one would expect OL to score at some point.

Still, a beauty from Griezmann. Who, by the way, could well play for OL now instead had they not snubbed him for his lack of physics when he was a local youngster impressing in their tests.

Yeah.

On a side note' date=' Miquel Lopes simply lacks the level. If OL gets to CL, they really need to send Lopes back to Spain and insist on Corchia.

I reckon Miquel Lopes won't last the whole match. Sociedad see he is the weak link and attack him constantly. He will either be subbed (hope so) or sent off (already has one yellow and expect him to get another one if this continues). Meanwhile, I have to say, that Sociedad leads 2-0 completely against the course of the match. By the course of the match one would expect OL to score at some point.

Still, a beauty from Griezmann. Who, by the way, could well play for OL now instead had they not snubbed him for his lack of physics when he was a local youngster impressing in their tests.[/quote']

Lyon dominated the 2nd half but created just 1 chance at that Bravo mistake from the corner.The 1st half was totally dominated by Sociedad so what you on about?

So, OL definitely out, and after that 2-0 they had little answer - well, aside from hitting the bar soon after - Sociedad took control after having scored two. Before that I thought it would go for Lyon. In the end, I think the difference was quite simple: finishing. Real Sociedad scored due to two quite beautiful shots. Especially Griezmann's was extraordinary. OL lacked that final touch. Also, Real Sociedad located a weak spot in Miquel Lopes, and took advantage on that. OL didn't quite take advantage on Sociedad's slow central defence.

Zenit, even more surely through, no doubt.

Milan will profit from away goal, and on the second half they were also slightly better. All in all, I liked PSV. Especially that forward Maher who got a yellow card due to Balo's ridiculous play acting. He should have scored a couple though. But generally a good game from very unexperienced PSV.

Maribor keeps a little chance due to one away goal.

Celtic very close to out as well without away goal

LOL' date=' why not?[/quote']

I just can't stick them, moany whiny diving slow boring team.

SES had an average performance' date=' he missed 3 goals![/quote']

I meant generally, at least he and maybe De Sciglio have something about them, they are the exciting two. The others bore me.

I can't look at Montolivo's face for more than 4 seconds either!

Tonight's game has been pretty dul that I am watching but PSV V Milan last night was a great game to watch and mainly because of PSV.

Such a young side full of youthful exuberance, pace, no fear and played some really good football. painfully naive in certain aspects though such as positional lapses, concentration and simple decision making but a real joy to watch.

Maher ran the game from midfield and looked real classy shame Bakkalli or however you spell his name was injured would have been good to see him as he has been getting some rave reviews.

lever from Milan though rode the storm and used there greater experience and know how to great effect expect them to get through comfortably in the 2nd leg but can see PSV making quite abit of cash next summer :)

Fenerbahce was absolutely awful first half how Arsenal are not in front I don't know, this is far from a Fenerbahce of the past and Arsenal really should win comfortably as they have better players but I suppose Fenerbahce can only improve in this 2nd half.

Oh finally.1-0.After 2 missed chances 1 v 1.Piovacarri.

A game ruined by 10 minutes.Played bad for around 10 minutes and they scored 1.Steaua missed some damn chances.Should've scored at least 1.They cleary need a better striker