Sign in to follow this  
Louis

UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Score draw for us vs PSG - their attack force is brilliant' date=' but they also ooze class elsewhere too - Matuidi, Motta, Silva. I quite fancy taking on their fullbacks though, Van Der Wiel/Jallet & Maxwell don't scream world class but at their gaffe it will be tough and I'd take an away goal back to the Bridge happily.

I can't see anything but a Real win, my favourites to win the whole thing.[/quote']

Fair enough. You're the first CFC-fan who hasn't told me today that they're completely going to dismantle PSG tomorrow. I'm hoping for a tight game, seeing as Real are going to have it pretty easy. Betting on a CFC win in the second leg to seal the deal though. Mourinho's experience will prove to be too much for Blanc, who frankly doesn't have enough experience yet (IMO) to win European silverware.

Fair enough. You're the first CFC-fan who hasn't told me today that they're completely going to dismantle PSG tomorrow. I'm hoping for a tight game' date=' seeing as Real are going to have it pretty easy. Betting on a CFC win in the second leg to seal the deal though. Mourinho's experience will prove to be too much for Blanc, who frankly doesn't have enough experience yet (IMO) to win European silverware.[/quote']

Blanc has Ibra though. Think that's the closest tie of them all on paper and certainly the most interesting.

Blanc has Ibra though. Think that's the closest tie of them all on paper and certainly the most interesting.

I honestly think Chelsea can keep Ibra out of the game by simply trapping the wingers. Lucas and Lavezzi have been the main suppliers for Ibra's goals this season, but Ivanovic and Dave should be capable of holding them back, much like what United did today. Lucas does seem on top of his game though.

I honestly think Chelsea can keep Ibra out of the game by simply trapping the wingers. Lucas and Lavezzi have been the main suppliers for Ibra's goals this season' date=' but Ivanovic and Dave should be capable of holding them back, much like what United did today. Lucas does seem on top of his game though.[/quote']

Ibra doesn't even need chances. Nobody in world football can pull something out of thin air like he can and Chelsea can't afford to give him an inch. If they slip up, and Ibra's on his game, he'll make them suffer.

I honestly think Chelsea can keep Ibra out of the game by simply trapping the wingers. Lucas and Lavezzi have been the main suppliers for Ibra's goals this season' date=' but Ivanovic and Dave should be capable of holding them back, much like what United did today. Lucas does seem on top of his game though.[/quote']

I doubt Lucas will start as he hasn't lately when Cavani's been fit.

Ibra can create goals on his own,he doesn't need any suppliers.

Ibra doesn't even need chances. Nobody in world football can pull something out of thin air like he can and Chelsea can't afford to give him an inch. If they slip up' date=' and Ibra's on his game, he'll make them suffer.[/quote']

That's maybe so in the Ligue 1 where he's able to do that week in, week out, but CFC's defence is something else. Anyhow, it promises to be a good tie.

]That's maybe so in the Ligue 1[/b] where he's able to do that week in' date=' week out, but CFC's defence is something else. Anyhow, it promises to be a good tie.[/quote']

Its been like that anywhere for Ibra's entire career,not just Ligue I.God..such an idiotic myth(PL is still the best in your mind)?

EDIT: If you are world class,you perform anywhere,in any league,at any time.

That's maybe so in the Ligue 1 where he's able to do that week in' date=' week out, but CFC's defence is something else. Anyhow, it promises to be a good tie.[/quote']

whoa that's a shocking statement. Hes been doing amazing things well before the french league and i tell you this guy is special and dont think because he plays in France he cant do special things with the ball. Never underestimate your opponent.

United were very good , im not really that impressed with Bayern watching them this season in the UCL. From what i see teams give them way to much respect but if you have a go there just like any other side(concede goals). United need goals in Munich and personally i think they will play them same way. I dont think United will go through but this result shows on their day they can step up against anyone

Ibra at the bridge will be magic to see either way (unless he gets injured or suspended) - such a legend.

For what it's worth I hope Lucas doesn't start - one if my favourite players!

whoa that's a shocking statement. Hes been doing amazing things well before the french league and i tell you this guy is special and dont think because he plays in France he cant do special things with the ball. Never underestimate your opponent.

United were very good ' date=' im not really that impressed with Bayern watching them this season in the UCL. From what i see teams give them way to much respect but if you have a go there just like any other side(concede goals). United need goals in Munich and personally i think they will play them same way. I dont think United will go through but this result shows on their day they can step up against anyone[/quote']

I preferred Bayern under Jupp Heynckes.

Its been like that anywhere for Ibra's entire career' date='not just Ligue I.God..such an idiotic myth(PL is still the best in your mind)?

EDIT: If you are world class,you perform anywhere,in any league,at any time.[/quote']

I'm not denying the fact that he's world-class, but so is Chelsea's defence, hence my point of it not being as easy as the Ligue 1 defences he's terrorised this season.

And if you really want me to answer that, yes. The EPL is the best league in the world to watch, and that's all I care about as a football fanatic.

Ibra at the bridge will be magic to see either way (unless he gets injured or suspended) - such a legend.

For what it's worth I hope Lucas doesn't start - one if my favourite players!

You going? I wonder if there are any tickets left below £100 :P

United were very good ' date=' im not really that impressed with Bayern watching them this season in the UCL. From what i see teams give them way to much respect but if you have a go there just like any other side(concede goals). United need goals in Munich and personally i think they will play them same way. I dont think United will go through but this result shows on their day they can step up against anyone[/quote']

Well thanks for the return "shocking statement". Bayern played in second gear today and uninterested United. I remember Lahm saying not too long ago that they wouldn't do that, but it sure seemed as if they did today. But that's the whole problem. Bayern can notch it up a bit, and at home, they're ruthless. Can't see today's team get anything out of the Allianz Arena, definitely not with Fellaini and Valencia in the team.

I never said Ibra is anything short of world-class, but the opponent plays a huge role. Did anyone expect Chelsea to resist a Barcelona, who were at the top of their game, two years ago? I think not. I'm sure Ibrahimovic will play a part, but for people to say that the whole game will be down to his actions is ridiculous.

I'm not denying the fact that he's world-class' date=' but so is Chelsea's defence, hence my point of it not being as easy as the Ligue 1 defences he's terrorised this season.

And if you really want me to answer that, yes. The EPL is the best league in the world to watch, and that's all I care about as a football fanatic.[/quote']

Depends,if you want a league which is always a pleasure to watch thats Bundesliga.Over 3 goals per game,most of the teams(bar Bremen) are attacking minded+The fans and the atmosphere it makes it the best to watch.

PL competivity and whatever is just a myth.Either league from the top 5 can be as good as the other one.There isn't a league which is better,there is just what people prefer.You prefer PL,I prefer Bundesliga.

Well thanks for the return "shocking statement". Bayern played in second gear today and uninterested United. I remember Lahm saying not too long ago that they wouldn't do that' date=' but it sure seemed as if they did today. But that's the whole problem. Bayern can notch it up a bit, and at home, they're ruthless. Can't see today's team get anything out of the Allianz Arena, definitely not with Fellaini and Valencia in the team.

I never said Ibra is anything short of world-class, but the opponent plays a huge role. Did anyone expect Chelsea to resist a Barcelona, who were at the top of their game, two years ago? I think not. I'm sure Ibrahimovic will play a part, but for people to say that the whole game will be down to his actions is ridiculous.[/quote']

In football anyone can get beaten , the best will fall one day and things turn a circle. Ibra is not the deciding factor in the side. Id be more worried if they were missing Sirigui or Silva if im honest.

Everybody would rather see Bayern under Jupp but with Jupp you can lose a draw against Real for example in 2 games because his style was dangerous against the big sides.With Pep..okay,you lose a game but you won't lose the second one.His style gives you safety and 100% positive results.

Depends' date='if you want a league which is always a pleasure to watch thats Bundesliga.Over 3 goals per game,most of the teams(bar Bremen) are attacking minded+The fans and the atmosphere it makes it the best to watch.

PL competivity and whatever is just a myth.Either league from the top 5 can be as good as the other one.There isn't a league which is better,there is just what people prefer.You prefer PL,I prefer Bundesliga.[/quote']

Theres nothing wrong with bundes liga. I just havent liked how the 3rd 4th teams when they go to europe always get hammered like there nothing. I remember when fergie say Schalke as a joke in the semis and played a B side against them and Anderson killed them. The quality is in the league but isnt being shown in the ucl. Not like Englands doing any better but in terms of Leagues you dont see bayern getting beat while you can see City , Arsenal , Chelsea , United etc get shock results in. Thats why its better and they are teams who are good european sides

You going? I wonder if there are any tickets left below £100 :P

I'm hoping too through work yep' date=' but at the moment it looks like just being that, hope :o

From what have seen prices are worse than that!

Everybody would rather see Bayern under Jupp but with Jupp you can lose a draw against Real for example in 2 games because his style was dangerous against the big sides.With Pep..okay,you lose a game but you won't lose the second one.His style gives you safety and 100% positive results.

I really want to discuss this seriously with you but you put "okay you lose" and "100% positive results" together in the same post - how can you lose and have 100% results? :P

I second this.

Guardiola's Barça bored the hell outta me... yes, it was a very effective style, also because they pressured the opposition, right after losing possession.

I honestly hope Guardiola doesn't put even more tiki taka into Bayern's playing style.

I second this.

Guardiola's Barça bored the hell outta me... yes' date=' it was a very effective style, also because they pressured the opposition, right after losing possession.

I honestly hope Guardiola doesn't put even more tiki taka into Bayern's playing style.[/quote']

a lot of people say the spainish way is very boring to watch. Personally i think if you can do it you should as its the best way to win games but my god i feel sorry for their fans. The only good parts was when United were attacking.