UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring. How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread +

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Why is it going to be cracking?

The last Chelsea - Scum final was pants until Terry cried and the only way the scum can beat Barca is by playing boring defensive football. Its going to be less enjoyable without Arsenal there.

I'm praying Barca prevail and just overpower United. I still think Barca are going to win this competition. I think it'd be good for football too whereas victory for United or Chelsea wouldn't.

Sorry' date=' I meant from my perspective - a chelsea fan. :)

Shame Newcastle aint there, now that would be a good final ;)[/quote']

Nah. The times of the Toon in the Champions League are long gone (for now ;)).

I can keep my memories of an Asprilla hatrick against a very good Barca team at St. James' Park though. :D

Why is it going to be cracking?

The last Chelsea - Scum final was pants until Terry cried and the only way the scum can beat Barca is by playing boring defensive football. Its going to be less enjoyable without Arsenal there.

Of course it is' date=' i'm forgetting, Arsenal played cracking football over the course of two legs didn't they :rolleyes: They have no midfield and yet again Fabregras went missing for the main part. There is not many great finals in any competition no matter what the teams are. Also don't forget in the FA cup final against United a few years back [b']they[/b] were the one playing boring football hoping United wouldn't score. They wasn't much better in the CL final against Barca either TBH.Don't let things like this from stopping you talking rubbish though;)

Of course it is' date=' i'm forgetting, Arsenal played cracking football over the course of two legs didn't they :rolleyes: They have no midfield and yet again Fabregras went missing for the main part. There is not many great finals in any competition no matter what the teams are. Also don't forget in the FA cup final against United a few years back [b']they[/b] were the one playing boring football hoping United wouldn't score. They wasn't much better in the CL final against Barca either TBH.Don't let things like this from stopping you talking rubbish though;)

My comments come from how they would play against Chelsea and Barca. United are better than Arsenal, thats why you saw no quality from them tonight or last week.

I don't care if you see what I say as rubbish. I have made my point and think others will agree.;)

Man Utd totally outclassed Arsenal in every department over the two legs.. Arsenal try to walk the ball in the net, they might play pretty football but its no where near as exciting as watching Man Utd..

Hoping Barca beat Chelsea to get to the final, with the 2nd and 3rd best clubs in the world facing each other in the final..

My comments come from how they would play against Chelsea and Barca. United are better than Arsenal' date=' thats why you saw no quality from them tonight or last week.

I don't care if you see what I say as rubbish. [b']I have made my point and think others will agree[/b].;)

My point is..... what final ever is great in a major competition? In my 29 years I haven't seen many. They are few and far between no matter what teams are playing and Arsenal are just as guilty as anyone for killing a game as long as they win.

My point is..... what final ever is great in a major competition? In my 29 years I haven't seen many. They are few and far between no matter what teams are playing and Arsenal are just as guilty as anyone for killing a game as long as they win.

Fair enough. We can all hope for one of the Istanbul quality though cant we. I just thought a match like that would more likely happen if Arsenal made it. Just me personally though.

I also know that any team don't care how they play as long as they win but I am a fantasy supporter that would hope to see every team atack. Thus why I support Newcastle, who couldn't defend even when trying to. :P:o

Man Utd totally outclassed Arsenal in every department over the two legs.. Arsenal try to walk the ball in the net' date=' they might play pretty football but its no where near as exciting as watching Man Utd..

Hoping Barca beat Chelsea to get to the final, with the 2nd and 3rd best clubs in the world facing each other in the final..[/quote']

Whose the 1st then? Please god don't say Sheffield United. :P

yes i totally agree here.

had arsenal reached the final' date=' i dont doubt for one minute it would be one of the most entertaining finals ever.....

barca put 6 past a defence of casillas, ramos, cannavaro, metzelder and heinze.......how many do you reckon they would score against almunia, sagna, djourou, toure and gibbs?[/quote']

If you want goals i suggest getting Derby's XI from last year back together and play them against Barcelona. :D

Ye that would be fun to watch !! :D

derby would probably lose to barca by a smaller margin than arsenal would to barca....

derby at least know how to cram their penalty area full of players and make it hard for the opposition to score.

with arsenal, defending isnt in their vocabulary, and going gungho all the time with a defense like that, it can be excruciatingly painful to watch, even for non-arsenal fans lol

derby would probably lose to barca by a smaller margin than arsenal would to barca....

derby at least know how to cram their penalty area full of players and make it hard for the opposition to score.

with arsenal' date=' defending isnt in their vocabulary, and going gungho all the time with a defense like that, it can be excruciatingly painful to watch, even for non-arsenal fans lol[/quote']

youve never watched derby have you....:D:rolleyes::o

Fair enough. We can all hope for one of the Istanbul quality though cant we. I just thought a match like that would more likely happen if Arsenal made it. Just me personally though.

I also know that any team don't care how they play as long as they win but I am a fantasy supporter that would hope to see every team atack. Thus why I support Newcastle' date=' who couldn't defend even when trying to. :P:o[/quote']

The thing is, while they have no decent partner for Fabregas to play his ideal game any team on their day can dominate the midfield like United did today. I've said it a million times, but Flamini may not be the best player in the world, but he had a lot to do with Febregas' progression by doing the dirty work. Arsenal have nobody anywhere near good enough to cover the defensive midfield position now, so Arsenal suffer because of it, as exposed tonight by Uniteds midfield (particuarly Fletcher who had a superb game before he was sent off)

The thing is' date=' while they have no decent partner for Fabregas to play his ideal game any team on their day can dominate the midfield like United did today. I've said it a million times, but Flamini may not be the best player in the world, but he had a lot to do with Febregas' progression by doing the dirty work. Arsenal have nobody anywhere near good enough to cover the defensive midfield position now, so Arsenal suffer because of it, as exposed tonight by Uniteds midfield (particuarly Fletcher who had a superb game before he was sent off)[/quote']

Selling Flamini was a bigger mistake than selling Vieira by Wenger. He had built Flamini up for that role and just when he has an outstanding season Wenger sells him with no replacement found...

That was arguably a United second string MF too, well Anderson and Fetcher even though Fletcher especially has been class this season. Its a pitty they cant appeal.

Whose the 1st then? Please god don't say Sheffield United. :P

The best club in the world is Sheffield United' date=' with the best fans in England.. the best stadium in England and in the best city in the world..

We are a proper football club, and the best football [b']club[/b] in England..