Sign in to follow this  
Louis

UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Lucas Moura is easily one of the best wingers in the world!

For sure. If he could just become deadly in front of goal he would be a near complete package. Plenty of time for that yet though. Brazil's future is very bright

Thanks for participating Chelsea' date=' try again next year :P[/quote']

Last time people said that they won the UCL.

Very poor result and i can see them winning at the Bridge. But its going to be hard.

BVB go smashed. Little team from Germany got found out. I know they miss a few but its about a squad. Madrid going to the Semis.

Don't see Chelsea getting a clean sheet against this PSG side. So they need at least 3 goals. Wont be easy.

It definitely won't be easy if Mourinho doesn't start with a proper striker. Schürrle seems lost in the lone striker role.

It definitely won't be easy if Mourinho doesn't start with a proper striker. Schürrle seems lost in the lone striker role.

Two strikers should play upfront to make up for a world class forward.

Two strikers should play upfront to make up for a world class forward.

What, like Eto'o and Torres? That's a recipe for disaster. Eto'o has been playing well recently, yet Mourinho hesitates to play him all the time. If Mourinho would stick with him and play Hazard-Oscar-Willian behind him, they'll stand a chance, but he won't, because he's Mourinho.

What' date=' like Eto'o and Torres? That's a recipe for disaster. Eto'o has been playing well recently, yet Mourinho hesitates to play him all the time. If Mourinho would stick with him and play Hazard-Oscar-Willian behind him, they'll stand a chance, but he won't, because he's Mourinho.[/quote']

Eto'o is not that good anymore. Chelsea cant depend on him as the lone striker. Eto'o and Schurrle would be a good force upfront. Schurrle can roam behind Eto'o as well.

Eto'o is not that good anymore. Chelsea cant depend on him as the lone striker. Eto'o and Schurrle would be a good force upfront. Schurrle can roam behind Eto'o as well.

Schürrle is a winger and a winger alone. Playing him as a false nine is probably worse than playing him as a lone striker. My best bet of a CFC comeback would be if they play a similar game to what they did against Arsenal, with three attacking midfielders supplying a poacher. In times like this, I can only imagine what it would be like if Mourinho had kept on to a certain Spaniard ...

Schürrle is a winger and a winger alone. Playing him as a false nine is probably worse than playing him as a lone striker. My best bet of a CFC comeback would be if they play a similar game to what they did against Arsenal' date=' with three attacking midfielders supplying a poacher. In times like this, I can only imagine what it would be like if Mourinho had kept on to a certain Spaniard ...[/quote']

Depending on Eto'o would be foolish. Probably the diamond formation would be more effective than 4231.

Chelsea already have a lot of creative midfielders so Mata wont be missed.

also because one team keeps the ball the entire match which is so boooooooooooring. do something with the ball and stop ball hogging

I'm glad to see a good number of people' date=' who (like me) find tiki taka extremely boring.

So dissappointed in Ibra tonight, was really looking forward to watching him rip chelsea apart. Same witg Cavani, only seems to be Lavezzi thats turned up.

Here's the proof that PSG isn't just Ibra.

You mentioned Lavezzi mate, but once again, Matuidi was enormous.

He really needs to reach a 92 SM rating, soon.

Depending on Eto'o would be foolish. Probably the diamond formation would be more effective than 4231.

Chelsea already have a lot of creative midfielders so Mata wont be missed.

One thing they don't have is a player that can consistently play right behind the lone striker, and that was something Mata could do better than anyone. With Van Ginkel injured and Salah & Matic cup-tied, it sure looks as if Chelsea might be missing some depth in the return game. And if I'm not mistaken, Ramires will be suspended, so that adds to the worries.

Here's the proof that PSG isn't just Ibra.

You mentioned Lavezzi mate' date=' but once again, Matuidi was enormous.

He really needs to reach a 92 SM rating, soon.[/quote']

Not only Matuidi. I'd say he wasn't the MOTM tonight, second only to Thiago Motta. Talk about composure, look no further. They both made up for a very poor performance from Verratti and made PSG's midfield look, as is mostly the case, very stable.

I'm glad to see a good number of people' date=' who (like me) find tiki taka extremely boring.

[b']Here's the proof that PSG isn't just Ibra.

You mentioned Lavezzi mate, but once again, Matuidi was enormous.

He really needs to reach a 92 SM rating, soon.[/b]

Sorry i meant out of the front three Lavezzi was the only one who was effective though out the game, your right that Matuidi was good tonight.

And i'm another that finds Tiki Taka football boring as hell ;)