Sign in to follow this  
Louis

UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Oh whatever :rolleyes:

Man you almost cracked me up. I'll have what you're having.

It is clear that Carvajal's knee made contact with Tevez' date=' any striker in such a situation is going to go down when the defender never made contact with the ball. Also the challenge was rash as Tevez was not going anywhere in terms of a clear cut goal scoring opportunity. Carvajal stays on his feet and gets between Tevez and the goal he eliminates any imminent threat. He had started to push him wide a little prior to the challenge plus there was nobody supporting Tevez making it increasingly difficult for him to score in such a position.

A stone wall penalty for me.[/font']

In general hes as good of a defender as they come tonight however he was exposed in that unfamiliar role

Overrated doesn't necessarily mean he's bad; I just feel he's inferior to the likes of Pepe, Chiellini and quite a few other (current) semi-finalists, who are far more level-headed, yet as effective as him.

Undoubtably playing him in a midfield role is not ideal, but then you can question the involvement of Varane, who was also shocking today. Why he didn't play Illarra is a mystery - a cut out role for him to play, yet not selected.

Late to the party and havent seen the game et so interested to see what the banter is about but well done Juve.

Very sceptical though that they can hold out in Spain but they have givn themselves the chance they needed. Fresh to see some Italian football success after 5 years or so of just dropping off the competitive face of the Earth. Come on Juve!

How did Carvajal stay on the pitch?

Real Madrid hasn't built on last season and they prob jinxed - Stat - Real Madrid has lost the ties to an Italian club in semi's last 3 times

Real Madrid were so unbalanced and had too many individuals on, still Ancelotti is silly for not playing Illarramendi or registering Khedira and having no target man striker

It's all Sergio Ramos's fault

Guy is a donkey

Its not his fault, it is Ancelotti's. Real really needed Modric over there, but he's unavailable, he should've played Lucas Silva or Illarramendi like some said, but he didn't have the guts, anyone can put a rock in Midfield, its the easy solution, i personally hate it!

Its not his fault' date=' it is Ancelotti's. Real really needed Modric over there, but he's unavailable, he should've played Lucas Silva or Illarramendi like some said, but he didn't have the guts, anyone can put a rock in Midfield, its the easy solution, i personally hate it![/quote']

Ancelotti doesn't like Illarramendi for some reason, wasted of £32mil, Ancelotti only likes his favourites

Genius, the guy is a Genius.

Great game to watch really enjoyable (unless your a Bayern or Madrid fan I suppose :P)

That second goal is a killer but you always felt Barca were going to score such a high line at some point the Holy trinity was going to expose it.

Why did Boateng fall down when he was in front of Messi for that first goal? Messi didn't even do anything yet and that donkey just fell down :confused:

And why on earth did Pep start with 3 at the back against the 3 of the most lethal players in world football?

And why did Rafinha stay on the field? Why not just put Lahm at right back and bring Goetze in as the extra attacking threat that was desperately needed?

Why everybody talks about a Bayern win against Barca like it'll be such a surprise?They're the best team in the world and with a fit Thiago they're unstoppable.Oh..and Alaba should return by then too I suppose

Oops ... :o

Pepe again showing that he is not a very good manager, his tactic for today was abismal, that game should've been won for more than 5-0, they were very lucky to take just 3! Go to manchester united and let Klopp take the seat!

Bayern should really add some quality next year! Messi second goal was cool, but it was very bad defending by Boateng too.

Pepe again showing that he is not a very good manager' date=' his tactic for today was abismal, that game should've been won for more than 5-0, they were very lucky to take just 3! Go to manchester united and let Klopp take the seat!

Bayern should really add some quality next year! Messi second goal was cool, but it was very bad defending by Boateng too.[/quote']

I personally feel that Guardiola made big mistakes at his starting line-up ,like mentioned by Foxx Lahm should be the RB.Then I would play schweini and Alonso as CDM's and Götze and Müller as wingers CAM could be Thiago and up front Lewa.Bayern didn't had the creativity because there weren't Bayern players infiltrating in Barca's midfield/defence asking questions at that same defence .And for God's sake don't sub Müller the guy has got 3 lungs for crying out loud !!.For me Guardiola has showed me he isn't a good tactician and doesn't have a plan B.

Why everybody talks about a Bayern win against Barca like it'll be such a surprise?They're the best team in the world and with a fit Thiago they're unstoppable.Oh..and Alaba should return by then too I suppose

You forgot the possibility of Bayern throwing the 1st leg away in order to get more home match tickets and then to unleash the real Gotze to do his thing.

We're so privileged to be able to watch Messi do what he does. I was wetting myself laughing as he scored that second goal. I couldn't help myself. It was so ridiculously good and blasé. And against an absolute monster in goal.

That's why he's the best player in history IMO. No one else makes me laugh due to incomprehensible skill.