UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

I think you are a bit of a clown. They clearly are much better than Messi. Messi should try playing for another club in England and then we'll see how well he adapts.

Why does he have to come to England? He has scored against English teams in the CL' date=' why does he have to score against the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom to prove he is good?

Turning into Messi debate, evenknow I have my reasons

That you are Ronaldo's bit on the side?

Why does he have to come to England? He has scored against English teams in the CL' date=' why does he have to score against the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom to prove he is good?

That you are Ronaldo's bit on the side?[/quote']

He failed to score against Chelsea. Different club,country, league,atmosphere than where he's playing from 7 years age : in the best academy with best passers. Yep I do think his performance graph will drop to an all time low.

He failed to score against Chelsea. Different club' date='country, league,atmosphere than where he's playing from 7 years age : in the best academy with best passers. Yep I do think his performance graph will drop to an all time low.[/quote']

Yet again,he's the best passer in the team with the best passers.He's the best playmaker in the world when he's needed there.Easily.

Yet again' date='he's the best passer in the team with the best passers.He's the best playmaker in the world when he's needed there.Easily.[/quote']

Xavi and Iniesta are much better passers than him. Easily.

Brazil Ronaldo - was a goalscoring machine, took on players, He guided Brazil to world cup 2002 coming back from serious knee injury and like 2 years out of the game

Pele - Scored lot of goals in his era, Helped Brazil to World Cups, Had skill etc

Ronaldinho - He did things no 1 thought possible with a football at any club he went to, No 1 could match his flair and skill in his era

Best - Was the 1st star of Football, he could dribble past anyone on awful pitches, even out partying day before he could still do the magic

C Ronaldo - Complete package of a footballer and has stupid stats at Madrid and he done it in England

Spanish league doesn't have the best Defence for the smaller teams, Xavi and Iniesta can pass through eye of a needle

Marco Reus-Complete package of footballer.Humiliated Real Madrid whenever he had the chance.Took on Real's defenders and dribbled past them over and over again.Oh,and also has a different handshake for every team-mate.Isn't that so cool?

Gosh...How many of them have you watched actually?

Go on admit it. You haven't actually seen them play have you?

Messi is the best creative passer in the world. The only player who's comparable was Laudrup and even he's a good distance behind.

Lol who are you kidding? Guys like Iniesta, Ronaldinho kills him in creative passing. Xavi doesnt bother with intricate passing usually but he could do better than Sissy whenever he wants.

Brazil Ronaldo - was a goalscoring machine' date=' took on players, He guided Brazil to world cup 2002 coming back from serious knee injury and like 2 years out of the game

[b']Messi is a goal scoring machine who was better at taking on players. Brazil's teams were better than Messi's Argentina teams.[/b]

Pele - Scored lot of goals in his era, Helped Brazil to World Cups, Had skill etc

Yeah in his era, when the players were less athletic and didn't look after themselves as well as players do today.

Ronaldinho - He did things no 1 thought possible with a football at any club he went to, No 1 could match his flair and skill in his era

Messi does things on regular occasions that leave people in disbelief. As well as scoring more and assisting more.

Best - Was the 1st star of Football, he could dribble past anyone on awful pitches, even out partying day before he could still do the magic

Same thing as Pele

C Ronaldo - Complete package of a footballer and has stupid stats at Madrid and he done it in England

The England argument is a load of rubbish, scoring against rubbish teams doesn't make you a better player. Ronaldo isn't the complete package he doesn't have great teamwork, which Messi does.

Spanish league doesn't have the best Defence for the smaller teams, Xavi and Iniesta can pass through eye of a needle

Neither do the English teams and Ronaldo has hardly played with a bunch of league two players, the likes of Scholes, Rooney, Alonso, Modric, Isco, Ozil, Tevez and Di Maria can all pick a pass.

Your precious Ronaldinho told the entire Barca squad at the time that Messi would eventually be the best after his 1st training session with the senior team and he was laughed off....as told by Giovanni van Bronckhorst....'I've played with great players, Henry, Bergkamp and Ronaldinho himself, and never had I come to such a conclusion so quickly'

Apart from CR7? Maradona' date=' Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Bald Ronaldo, Zizou, Pele. I'm sure there's a few more...[/quote']

I think you are a bit of a clown. They clearly are much better than Messi. Messi should try playing for another club in England and then we'll see how well he adapts.

Messi should play in England, like Maradona, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zizou and Pele all did to prove themselves!!! .... wait...

Pele spent his time in Brazil, hardly the pinnacle of competition, his world cups were obviously amazing though but his goals came at a time where resources and facilities meant that Messi, a modern athlete would run rings around them. Oh and he didn't play in England.

Garrincha, just no, good but just no! BTW he didn't play in England.

Ronaldinho, stunning technique but Messi is way ahead in so many records he is objectively better and oh yeah Ronaldinho didn't play in England.

Maradona, World Cup yes, but again Italian league mainly by your logic too as he never played in England he's no good.

Zizou technically gifted very good, but nowhere near Messi's level. Plus he never played in England.

CR7 goal machine, terrific athlete but is still behind Messi in terms of records and due to his age difference will have retired when Messi is still scoring and improving on records. He did play in England though!

Messi should play in England' date=' like Maradona, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zizou and Pele all did to prove themselves!!! .... wait...

Pele spent his time in Brazil, hardly the pinnacle of competition, his world cups were obviously amazing though but his goals came at a time where resources and facilities meant that Messi, a modern athlete would run rings around them. Oh and he didn't play in England.

Garrincha, just no, good but just no! BTW he didn't play in England.

Ronaldinho, stunning technique but Messi is way ahead in so many records he is objectively better. But he didn't play in England.

Maradona, World Cup yes, but again Italian league mainly by your logic too as he never played in England he's no good.

Zizou technically gifted very good, but nowhere near Messi's level. Plus he never played in England.

CR7 goal machine, terrific athlete but is still behind Messi in terms of records and due to his age difference will have retired when Messi is still scoring and improving on records. He did play in England though![/quote']

Conclusion: Heskey's better because he played and scored for England.

I do have that niggling doubt in my mind about him at International level but Messi has to be considered in the top 5 greatest players ever, in my mind he trumps Ronaldinho & Zidane as THE most technically gifted ever.

Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo (The) & Messi.

That list is missing players like Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Maldini & many more.

I do have that niggling doubt in my mind about him at International level but Messi has to be considered in the top 5 greatest players ever' date=' in my mind he trumps Ronaldinho & Zidane as THE most technically gifted ever.

Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo (The) & Messi.

That list is missing players like Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Maldini & many more.[/quote']

Messi should easily make the top 5 without a shatter of a doubt for me. I was a Zidane fan boy but Messi is simply the best ever.

got to laugh at ur comments

Ronaldo had a SERIOUS knee injury and was out of the game for 2 years but still could do it when he returned

Pele and Best thing lol, less athletic and didn't look after themselves as well as players do today. 60s and 70s were different, as less techno, money, fitness etc. Best was the 1st superstar of football, without him who known wat football would of been like

Ronaldinho did crazy skill on the ball, not just dribble, dribble, dribble. Can still remember his crazy goal vs chelsea or England

Ronaldo lol, Ronaldo is the complete player, he does has teamwork, he cant just get ball n keep - where's Messi headering, Jumping, taking the long range shot, Flair, Ball Skill, Messi is just hyped up as he cant win on looks or name branding

English has more top teams than Spain, During Ronaldo time at United the England were great in Europe

got to laugh at ur comments

Ronaldo had a SERIOUS knee injury and was out of the game for 2 years but still could do it when he returned

Pele and Best thing lol' date=' less athletic and didn't look after themselves as well as players do today. 60s and 70s were different, as less techno, money, fitness etc. Best was the 1st superstar of football, without him who known wat football would of been like

Ronaldinho did crazy skill on the ball, not just dribble, dribble, dribble. Can still remember his crazy goal vs chelsea or England

Ronaldo lol, Ronaldo is the complete player, he does has teamwork, he cant just get ball n keep - where's Messi headering, Jumping, taking the long range shot, Flair, Ball Skill, Messi is just hyped up as he cant win on looks or name branding

English has more top teams than Spain, During Ronaldo time at United the England were great in Europe[/quote']

Funny you say England has more top teams yet Spanish teams have dominated both premier European Club competitions in the past couple of years...