UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Well...Bale is going to be absolutely slaughtered in the media after this. And rightfully so too.

Most expensive player my arse :rolleyes:

not helped by the Real Madrid fans,imagine playing for fans like that! God they really do get on a players back if they are lacking confidence,I mean you could not fault him for effort..

Shall i be the first to say it?

Suarez vs Evra and Chiellini

Well...Bale is going to be absolutely slaughtered in the media after this. And rightfully so too.

Most expensive player my arse :rolleyes:

Hopefully they force him out and he comes back to the PL. Ungrateful pigs over there don't know what they've got.

not helped by the Real Madrid fans' date='imagine playing for fans like that! God they really do get on a players back if they are lacking confidence,I mean you could not fault him for effort..[/quote']

Madrid fans are awful, constantly barrack there own players.

Delighted for Juve, even more delighted those cretins from Madrid end the season with nothing.....:)

Real Madrid 2 Juventus 3

Lionel Messi likes this :P

MORATAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

As much as everybody would love to see a Barcelona - Real Madrid finale....

....everybody loves an underdog! Go on Juve!

You'll get El Clasico every season,but the prospect of reunion between Suarez,Chiellini and Evra is more interesting:p . Glad that it is Morata who made the goal in both legs. Someone in Madrid must've regretted selling him now:rolleyes:

Madrid fans are awful' date=' constantly barrack there own players.

Delighted for Juve, even more delighted those cretins from Madrid end the season with nothing.....:)

Real Madrid 2 Juventus 3

Lionel Messi likes this :P[/quote']

Also glad it is not a Real v Barca final to be honest,there would be far too much needle in it..

As for Bale,I still think he would do brilliant in the premier league...

To be fair, all Real madrid chances they wasted were actually quite difficult and technical balls they tried to push into the goal, so the players should be partially excused for that.

Im actually more shocked about a couple of juventus glaring chances they just threw away, the latest being the Marchisio one, where he just basically told casillas where he was going put it, to give time to the spaniard to prepare.

Madrid fans are awful' date=' constantly barrack there own players.

Delighted for Juve, even [b']more delighted those cretins from Madrid end the season with nothing[/b].....:)

Real Madrid 2 Juventus 3

Lionel Messi likes this :P

Except the European Super Cup and Club World Cup. ;)

Well, after the semis draw, I thought I had a good chance of watching the final.

I guess the joke's on me: the final will be the one I didn't want. :o

Barça with their usual snoozefest - it only gets exciting when the ball is on Messi, Suárez or Neymar.

And Juve playing à la Allegri...

I'll be doing sth else during that final, rather than watching it. :D

But I get the gist: Barça hogging the ball and Juve defending.

Sounds like a lot of fun! :P

I expect the winning coach to be voted Best of Year 2015.

Shall i be the first to say it?

Suarez vs Evra and Chiellini

Something for everyone to get their teeth into there!

Barça with their usual snoozefest - it only gets exciting when the ball is on Messi' date=' Suárez or Neymar.[/quote']

There is so much wrong with the above and I hope you're being sarcastic.

How anyone could call them a snoozefest with the best, most exciting strike force in Europe is beyond me. It's not like they don't get the ball every game!

Heck even statistically speaking it's impressive to have 3 genuinely exciting players. 3/11 players excite you = 0.2727. That means 27% of the team is exciting on the ball and when you consider that realistically you don't expect the GK, RB, LB CBx2 or CDM to be doing fancy exciting things that means that out of 5 possibly exciting players they have 3...

3/5 is = 0.6 so 60% of their attack is very exciting. That means more often than not the Barcelona attacks will be exciting!!!

Maths eh!

Something for everyone to get their teeth into there!

You sir are on a roll! To great puns in one night!

How anyone could call them a snoozefest with the best' date=' most exciting strike force in Europe is beyond me. It's not like they don't get the ball every game!

Heck even statistically speaking it's impressive to have 3 genuinely exciting players. 3/11 players excite you = 0.2727. That means 27% of the team is exciting on the ball and when you consider that realistically you don't expect the GK, RB, LB CBx2 or CDM to be doing fancy exciting things that means that out of 5 possibly exciting players they have 3...

3/5 is = 0.6 so 60% of their attack is very exciting. That means more often than not the Barcelona attacks will be exciting!!!

Maths eh![/quote']

Have to agree, sorry Pedro!

I can't see how this Barcelona team isn't exciting to watch. If they still passed the ball to death before doing anything then fair enough, they don't though and they play some fantastic attack football.

I think its a good final, very good attack against a good defence. Barcelona are quite weak at the back and Juve have Morata in form with an always dangerous Tevez.

How anyone could call them a snoozefest with the best' date=' most exciting [b']strike force[/b] in Europe is beyond me. It's not like they don't get the ball every game!

Maths eh!

That's why I specifically mentioned Messi, Suárez and Neymar. :confused:

Sorry for finding Barça's playing style boring (apart from when those 3 get the ball).

Shame on me for having my own opinion, I guess... :o

I get what Jamie's saying but Barça still play too much tki-taka football for my liking. ;)

EDIT: as for your maths bit, imo Bayern and Real Madrid have more exciting players than Barça.

Bayern: Robben, Ribéry, Muller, Gotze, Alaba, Alonso, Lewa and Thiago Alcántara.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Bale, James, Benzema, Modric, Marcelo, Kroos and Isco.

I know all of them wouldn't nornally play together, but you could put like 6 of each in their respective XI and it would work.

Remember, this is just my opinion! :)

Hats off to Juve. Cant see them beating Barca but couldnt see them ebating Real either and they did. Ill be rooting for the Underdog and too see Italy get some success again tehy are long overdue. barcas trio this year have been droolworthy though and are worthy winners. Come on Juve get up you underdogs!

I'm with Pedro here.

Excluding the front three, I don't like watching Barcelona.

The ideal final would have been Bayern vs Real. Failing that, Bayern vs Juve.

Find the Juve story facsinating, relegated 9 years ago, now in the final of the Champions League. Really happy for Buffon, Pogba, Pirlo & Tevez, even Evra tbh.

Pogba has gone & added another £10m-£20m to his already incredibly high value, IF he leaves, it will be for a world record fee.

Well that either means you have no prostate' date=' or you've simply worn it out.

Either way, you'll be needing something to get rid of that butthurt.[/quote']

Some of us are not really masochists tbh but thanks for telling me your process of relieving your pain when United loses i.e. every other match they play.

I'm with Pedro here.

Excluding the front three' date=' I don't like watching Barcelona.

The ideal final would have been Bayern vs Real. Failing that, Bayern vs Juve.

Find the Juve story facsinating, relegated 9 years ago, now in the final of the Champions League. Really happy for Buffon, Pogba, Pirlo & Tevez, even Evra tbh.

Pogba has gone & added another £10m-£20m to his already incredibly high value, IF he leaves, it will be for a world record fee.[/quote']

Got to love the underdogs! Without spending much, Juve really got a really nice team, there is a lesson for those who think you must spend big money from oil to to well internally and in CL. Dortmund, Atlético and now Juve, great teams with great coaches and great management.