UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Well done to Barcelona. No team had ever retained that the CL and it doesn't look like its gonna happen anytime soon. We can say where the game was won and lost but it was lost on Fletchers red card in the last game. I guess most of you rooting for Barca aren't true 'Englishmen' anyway...

tbh i dont think fletcher would have made any difference

manutd made the mistake of playing too open a game at the start, probably boosted by the false sense of security from their dominance in the opening exchanges.

at the end of the day, if you try play open football with barca, doesnt matter who you have in your team, you ll lose

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring. How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread +

Louis can support who the hell he wants.

If United had of won' date=' this thread would be full of glory hunters who probably haven't even seen Old Trafford in the flesh. But then I guess no-one would bother mentioning that would they? :rolleyes:[/quote']

I would - nowt worse than plastic mancs.....or plastic catalans, or plastic anything actually.

But no-one else did that. He forced errors that they would not have made otherwise. When they are on the back foot for so long it is all you can ask from him.

Did he - I must have blinked and missed that.....

manutd made the mistake of playing too open a game at the start' date=' probably boosted by the false sense of security from their dominance in the opening exchanges.

at the end of the day, if you try play open football with barca, doesnt matter who you have in your team, you ll lose[/quote']

I was goign to say, ken, you aren't really suggesting that Darren Fletcher would have made United sufficiently better to win that game tonight are you?

Louis can support who the hell he wants.

If United had of won' date=' this thread would be full of glory hunters who probably haven't even seen Old Trafford in the flesh. But then I guess no-one would bother mentioning that would they? :rolleyes:[/quote']

I dislike Man Utds glory hunting fans as much as everyone else mate.. (quite a few on this forum, infact i dont think i could name 1 Man Utd "fan" on this forum who has been to over 5 games)

and no Louis cant support who the hell he wants he will support who i tell him to support. :)

Mistake to play Rooney on the left IMO. Had Alves been playing I could have understood the need to put him there to help neutralise the threat' date=' but he wasn't.....so Rooney should have been in the middle.

No individual set the world alight tonight - but Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Etoo etc played superbly as a team and that's why they won. United weren't at their best but Barca deserve great credit for defending so well with a patched up back 4....[/quote']

rooney was pretty aweful even when he was playing on the left of a forward 3, his natural position these days, so many poor passes, bad crosses, and bad decisions...shocking

Well done to Barcelona. No team had ever retained that the CL and it doesn't look like its gonna happen anytime soon. We can say where the game was won and lost but it was lost on Fletchers red card in the last game. I guess most of you rooting for Barca aren't true 'Englishmen' anyway...

Majority of the United team aren't "Englishmen" ... whats the difference?

manutd made the mistake of playing too open a game at the start' date=' probably boosted by the false sense of security from their dominance in the opening exchanges.

at the end of the day, if you try play open football with barca, doesnt matter who you have in your team, you ll lose[/quote']

Where the 1st goal was conceded... It was a mistake by Anderson, now he probably wouldn't have been playing only for Fletchers suspension. Im guessing Fletch would be in there and would have more experience to deal with it, the 1st goal changed the whole game... Im not going to complain though, GUTTED, but gotta get over it. We've still had an amazing season much better than the other English clubs. ;):)

Or we just hate Man utd?:confused:

And when you "we can say where the game was won and lost" your suppose to say something like but barca outplayed us, not then go on to say where it was lost lol :P

Stop making excuses.

Yep spot on, and thats why Barca struggle against teams like Chelsea, but put teams like Man Utd and Arsenal away with relative ease.

Best team on the night won and enjoyed watching the game as a neutral

Guest King Kolo

Tot el camp

Es un clam

Som la gent blaugrana

Tan saval don venim

si del sur o del nord

ara estem dacord estem dacord

una bandera san germana

Blaugrana el vent un crit balent

tenim un nom el sap tothom

Barça!Barça!Barça!

Wewt!

My Mums from Tarragona (Barcelona) so this is great!

Yep spot on' date=' and thats why Barca struggle against teams like Chelsea, but put teams like Man Utd and Arsenal away with relative ease.

Best team on the night won and enjoyed watching the game as a neutral[/quote']

yeah i thought fergie was going to go tactical and do what he did last year against barca, park the bus and hit barca on the break...if he had down that, united would have had a far better chance....having said that, nothing can excuse rooney's shocking performance,

that's the last time i put big money on united :mad:

Barcelona is pretty good, but Porto is the best team in Europe really. Or am I the only one to see that? B)

The victory was deserved and Ronaldo´s different reactions along the game, like that stupid face he does when he "thinks" the referee made the wrong decision were just priceless. And for those of you who said Ronaldo is more complete than Messi because of his aerial ability, hahaha... :P

Where the 1st goal was conceded... It was a mistake by Anderson' date=' now he probably wouldn't have been playing only for Fletchers suspension. Im guessing Fletch would be in there and would have more experience to deal with it, the 1st goal changed the whole game... Im not going to complain though, GUTTED, but gotta get over it. We've still had an amazing season much better than the other English clubs. ;):)[/quote']

The last sentence sums it up. You have been excellent throughout the whole season and 1 bad game doesnt change that. You tried to give Barcelona a game of football and suffered because of it, unlike Chelsea who went to stop Barcelona playing rather than do anything themselves. When you get this out of your system you will look back and see how well you have done. Getting to 3 out 4 finals out the cups you entered is a achievement in itself. Like i said on msn you cant win them all Kenneth. ;)

lmao at this conversation with my mom just;

mom - "Awwwh, they lost :("

me - "Yeah, good?"

"hows that good?"

"Cause i prefer barcelona"

"but they are forreign"

"So, i have a barcelona shirt with Ronaldinho on the back and I support liverpool"

"thats weird, you should want united to win"

"no... united are liverpools rivals, i wanted barca to win"

"OH FORGET IT I WONT TALK TO YOU THEN"

Make that 3 mate' date=' Club World Champ, Carling Cup and the Premier League ;)[/quote']

4 if you include the charity shield

Dosn't matter thou tbh Liverpool have made massive steps foward this season, I doubt any realist LFC fan expected them to be this close to Utd and Chelsea at the start of the season, and at least it dosn't look like we will have to wait for 26 years between top division titles like Utd had to :D

Where the 1st goal was conceded... It was a mistake by Anderson' date=' now he probably wouldn't have been playing only for Fletchers suspension. Im guessing Fletch would be in there and would have more experience to deal with it, the 1st goal changed the whole game... Im not going to complain though, GUTTED, but gotta get over it. We've still had an amazing season much better than the other English clubs. ;):)[/quote']

Actually I think Man Utd made too many mistakes. The whole team were not playing well. Just watch Messi's goal again. How did he get the ball in? How come a club with strong defense like Man Utd did not even have a defender marking Messi?

It's actually the whole team's mistakes that cost Man Utd the trophy. So I don't think one Fletcher would have significant difference.

Barcelona is pretty good' date=' but Porto is the best team in Europe really. Or am I the only one to see that? B)

The victory was deserved and Ronaldo´s different reactions along the game, like that stupid face he does when he "thinks" the referee made the wrong decision were just priceless. [b']And for those of you who said Ronaldo is more complete than Messi because of his aerial ability, hahaha... [/b]:P

Get that off the commentator by any chance? B)

Barcelona is pretty good' date=' but Porto is the best team in Europe really. Or am I the only one to see that? B)

The victory was deserved and Ronaldo´s different reactions along the game, like that stupid face he does when he "thinks" the referee made the wrong decision were just priceless. And [b']for those of you who said Ronaldo is more complete than Messi because of his aerial ability, hahaha... [/b]:P

i still maintain ronaldo is a more complete player than messi, one headed goal means little, xavi placed the ball inch perfect on messi's head, messi with ferdinand nowhere near him, had the time to light a spliff and still nod that in..

ronaldo never had a ball to head the way wayne rooney was crossing those balls.....clay shooters would have had trouble hitting those!

Actually I think Man Utd made too many mistakes. The whole team were not playing well. Just watch Messi's goal again. How did he get the ball in? How come a club with strong defense like Man Utd did not even have a defender marking Messi?

It's actually the whole team's mistakes that cost Man Utd the trophy. So I don't think one Fletcher would have significant difference.

If you got my main point, it was that the game was lost when the 1st goal went in. They were in the driving seat then and it totally changed the game. Had fletcher been on, he wouldn't have made the same mistake anderson would have made imo. But like I said Im not complaining. Just really GUTTED as its my b'day too. :( But at least us United fans are more gracious in defeat than some Chelsea fans I know. ;)