UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Turkish fans are always great. I watched Danny Dyers real football factories.. and he was with Fenerbaches (I think) and he went to their game and it was filmed' date=' and it looked amazing.. would love it :D[/quote']

Ye, especially the ones that murder travelling away fans.

Guest Football8

FC Zurich 2-5 Real Madrid, the 2 goals they scored; one was a pen after Casillas brought down the man and second was a header from a corner (once again bad set-piece defending).

Otherwise the 2 Ronaldo free kicks were beauties, Raúl's tap ins are always beauties after Higuain set him up and got one himself after beating the defender and slotting it in. Guti also showed of his skill after lobbing the goalkeeper from a one-on-one.

FC Zurich 2-5 Real Madrid' date=' the 2 goals they scored; one was a pen after Casillas brought down the man and second was a header from a corner (once again bad set-piece defending).

Otherwise the 2 Ronaldo free kicks were beauties, Raúl's tap ins are always beauties after Higuain set him up and got one himself after beating the defender and slotting it in. Guti also showed of his skill after lobbing the goalkeeper from a one-on-one.[/quote']

I don't see how Ronaldo's second was a beauty. He hit straight at the keeper who palmed it in to the net. He should have saved it tbh.

inter barca match was pretty good actually, i saw a 15min highlight, lots of chances, real end to end stuff. interestingly barca's attack look a little blunt with ibrahimovic up there. still a lot of good football but he is not putting away the chances. meanwhile with inter, some of their more direct approach doesnt quite suit etoo either, who mostly rely on balls to feet.

it's pretty obvious that the etoo ibra deal doesnt suit either side. and barca are probably weaker than last year as well

inter barca match was pretty good actually' date=' i saw a 15min highlight, lots of chances, real end to end stuff. interestingly barca's attack look a little blunt with ibrahimovic up there. still a lot of good football but he is not putting away the chances. meanwhile with inter, some of their more direct approach doesnt quite suit etoo either, who mostly relies on ball to feet.

it's pretty obvious that the etoo ibra deal doesnt either side. and barca are probably weaker than last year as well[/quote']

Barca had 2 chances. One for Ibra in the first half and the second one when Messi and Alves went for the same ball. For Inter only Milito looked like doing anything. A midfield of Zanetti,Motta,Sneijder and Muntari ain't gonna create anything. In fact Santon looked very good in midfield:eek: IMO they are better off playing Mancini or quaresma however poor they have been to give them some much needed width. Most of the second half was simple really. Inter sitting back. Barca passing from one end to another without any real threat