UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

inter barca match was pretty good actually' date=' i saw a 15min highlight, lots of chances, real end to end stuff. interestingly barca's attack look a little blunt with ibrahimovic up there. still a lot of good football but he is not putting away the chances. meanwhile with inter, some of their more direct approach doesnt quite suit etoo either, who mostly rely on balls to feet.

it's pretty obvious that the etoo ibra deal doesnt suit either side. and barca are probably weaker than last year as well[/quote']

the first half was really boring apart from few wasted chances by ibra.

second half was quite good inter defence was really strict but inter they occasionally attacked militio wasted a good chance.

eto'o could do anything no service to him.

Barca had 2 chances. One for Ibra in the first half and the second one when Messi and Alves went for the same ball. For Inter only Milito looked like doing anything. A midfield of Zanetti' date='Motta,Sneijder and Muntari ain't gonna create anything. In fact Santon looked very good in midfield:eek: IMO they are better off playing Mancini or quaresma however poor they have been to give them some much needed width. Most of the second half was simple really. Inter sitting back. Barca passing from one end to another without any real threat[/quote']

lol just shows how watching highlights only can decieve. i only saw the highlight, so i was spared watching barca's tedious passing game

lol just shows how watching highlights only can decieve. i only saw the highlight' date=' so i was spared watching barca's tedious passing game[/quote']

it was like Inter were the away team in all honesty. And Eto was invisible. I actually felt bad for him though he perhaps now knows how it feels to be playing against Barca!

Oh please..

I watched the whole match..

It was boring..Really really boring..

And there were no clear chances created..

All those were half chances..

Apart from early run from Messi,couple of moments from Milito and those delicious loops from Xavi...Nothing was interesting..

i watched the highlights again, those "half chances" are pretty decent chances when you consider it's the champions league and they are 2 very competent teams playing each other, so it was never going to be an open game full of 2 on 2s. for those guys, the half chances are actually very good chances considering given the quality of players, they could easily score form those. this isnt epl you know, where all the games are a hundred miles an hours, and full of goal mouth scrambles

maybe people are starting to turn against barca's football, saying their passing game is too "tedious". as if chelsea's antifootball isnt. cant believe what im hearing

chelsea's antifootball?:confused:jeez give me a break...

it's a footballing term commonly used among football journalists, to describe defensive negative tactics. you can read into it all you like. i'm not being unfair on chelsea, because afterall that's how chelsea usually play in europe.

the reason why i brought it up is because i remember people complaining about chelsea's cautious tactics last year, saying it s boring and "antifootball", but now the same people are calling barca's intricate passing game "boring" as well. :confused:

some ppl are just never satisfied

it's a footballing term commonly used among football journalists' date=' to describe defensive negative tactics. you can read into it all you like. i'm not being unfair on chelsea, because afterall that's how chelsea usually play in europe. i remember people complaining about chelsea's cautious tactics last year, saying it s boring and "antifootball", but now the people are calling barca's intricate passing game "boring" as well. :confused:

some ppl are just never satisfied[/quote']

This is what is known as the fickle football fan, my friend.

it's a footballing term commonly used among football journalists' date=' to describe defensive negative tactics. you can read into it all you like. i'm not being unfair on chelsea, because afterall that's how chelsea usually play in europe.

the reason why i brought it up is because i remember people complaining about chelsea's cautious tactics last year, saying it s boring and "antifootball", but now the same people are calling barca's intricate passing game "boring" as well. :confused:

i know that chelsea is more cautious than say,arsenal or manchester united or barca...but don't you think the term "antifootball" is a tad too much?

am i the only one who didnt see the whole match or something? how come all of you watched it' date=' dont you guys have your own teams to watch or something? lol

arsenal was play with inter barca too, you should be watching that as an arsenal fan[/quote']

i watched highlights of Inter barca ofcourse..

And i never said Barca or Inter have boring gameplay..

Just the match was boring..

I am watching Sheffield united vs sheffield wednesday..Now this is called entertainment..

And i never said Barca or Inter have boring gameplay..

Just the match was boring..

I am watching Sheffield united vs sheffield wednesday..Now this is called entertainment..

it's very much the modern day fan isnt it. half a dozen games on at the same time that you can watch on tv or internet. they choose one they think is the most interesting and hope it turns out to be an "exciting" match. but more often than not they end up dissapointed for one reason or another

apparently just watching great teams and great players is not enough for a lot of fans nowadays. they NEED to see great players score loads and loads of great goals as well, otherwise it s time wasted...:rolleyes:

the entertainment you are looking for is different to the entertainment sought by other fans. you want to see goals, i just want to see great players play. you would be better off watching lower league football where there are loads of defensive mistakes and loads of goals. But im happy watching great teams with great players play great football, great attacking interplays and world class defending. that's all im after

i know that chelsea is more cautious than say' date='arsenal or manchester united or barca...but don't you think the term "antifootball" is a tad too much?[/quote']

right i m dangerously close to showing my bias against chelsea here, but the reason i used "antifootball" for chelsea isnt because im biased, but because i think if there is one team on the planet that best fit that term, it's chelsea.

it's not just the negative tactics, it's the physicality, the direct crude style of play, and the gamesmanship

not that these are "bad" things in my opinion, because they make chelsea incredibly effective and tough to beat, but it does make chelsea perfect for the term "antifootball".

just my opinion. it's nothing personal against the club. the only time i heard the term used was to describe chelsea. it's more of an objective observation than me taking cheap shots.

it's very much the modern day fan isnt it. half a dozen games on at the same time that you can watch on tv or internet. they choose one they think is the most interesting and hope it turns out to be an "exciting" match. but more often than not they end up dissapointed for one reason or another

apparently just watching great teams and great players is not enough for a lot of fans nowadays. they NEED to see great players score loads and loads of great goals as well' date=' otherwise it s time wasted...:rolleyes:

the entertainment you are looking for is different to the entertainment sought by other fans. you want to see goals, i just want to see great players play. you would be better off watching lower league football where there are loads of defensive mistakes and loads of goals. But im happy watching great teams with great players play great football, great attacking interplays and world class defending. that's all im after[/quote']

over the years,watching big clubs..Or supporting ones club passionately has overshadowed the idea of why do we love football..

It used to be essence to eyes..

Something of pleasure watching ball moves from one end to atleast getting across face of goal..

But now fans want to see midfield battles,tackles..

Yay part of game but am more interested seeing player's technical side of moving the ball or defending it..

World class players playing for world class team..Now i dont want to roll eyes but please isnt Football a bigger love to you than them..

Sure i love to see Spain,brazil or Argentina play but that doesnt means a game where 5 goals are shared between weaker team's match is of lower grade compared to 1-1 shared by France and Italy world cup final..Another boring game..

Yes i love goals..

If not goals..Clever play which crafts out chances..If they are not there..Match is boring..Simple..

So in short..Yay i am that blind fan who watch football as fan reaching out for some excitement rather than yawning over GREAT PLAYERS running around..

Ps-Italian and Real Madrid fans are really annoying at times

over the years' date='watching big clubs..Or supporting ones club passionately has overshadowed the idea of why do we love football..

It used to be essence to eyes..

Something of pleasure watching ball moves from one end to atleast getting across face of goal..

But now fans want to see midfield battles,tackles..

Yay part of game but am more interested seeing player's technical side of moving the ball or defending it..

World class players playing for world class team..Now i dont want to roll eyes but please isnt Football a bigger love to you than them..

Sure i love to see Spain,brazil or Argentina play but that doesnt means a game where 5 goals are shared between weaker team's match is of lower grade compared to 1-1 shared by France and Italy world cup final..Another boring game..

Yes i love goals..

If not goals..Clever play which crafts out chances..If they are not there..Match is boring..Simple..

So in short..Yay i am that blind fan who watch football as fan reaching out for some excitement rather than yawning over GREAT PLAYERS running around..

Ps-Italian and Real Madrid fans are really annoying at times[/quote']

m8, just face it, it's the difference between you, a thrill seeker, and me, a football lover. the bit where you said sheffield derby game was better entertainment than barca inter showed you up. maybe you would rather pay to watch highscoring secondary school games than inter-barca as well?

nothing to do with nationality. if some fans werent so "fickle", you wouldnt be contradicting yourself all the time. you say you only saw the highlights like i did, so why would you think it was boring? in the 15min highlight i saw on RAI, some of barca's passing was exquisite. not least the 2 long range passes that released ibrahimovic in both halves. first one he controlled and shot over, second, a better pass, he miscontrolled. some of the best passing i have ever seen. i get the impression you watched one of those 2mins highlights on youtube and started to talk about things you havent actually seen

Apart from early run from Messi' date='couple of moments from Milito and those delicious loops from Xavi...Nothing was interesting..[/quote']

so what IS interesting?? lol goalmouth scrambles, red cards?

m8' date=' just face it, it's the difference between you, a thrill seeker, and me, a football lover. the bit where you said sheffield derby game was better entertainment than barca inter showed you up. maybe you would rather pay to watch highscoring secondary school games than inter-barca as well?

nothing to do with nationality. if some fans werent so "fickle", you wouldnt be contradicting yourself all the time. you say you only saw the highlights like i did, so why would you think it was boring? in the 15min highlight i saw on RAI, some of barca's passing was exquisite. not least the 2 long range passes that released ibrahimovic in both halves. first one he controlled and shot over, second, a better pass, he miscontrolled. some of the best passing i have ever seen. i get the impression you watched one of those 2mins highlights on youtube and started to talk about things you havent actually seen

so what IS interesting?? lol[/quote']

what?

I saw the highlights of whole match min by min..

Man you are annoying all the time..

Have you never come across highlights of whole match?

Sheesh

i am thrill seeker..You win..

Dont you ever consider others opinion..

I saw whole match and it was boring with moments of brilliance..

And there are many who agree with me..

Even Pundits like Gary o reilly and others say the same..(now dont say i based my opinion on what pundits say..Thats my own opinion)

Now dont reply me please

i am thrill seeker..Goal seeker..Fickel fan..

Now please leave me alone..

what?

Man you are annoying all the time..

Have you never come across highlights of whole match?

Sheesh

i am thrill seeker..You win..

Dont you ever consider others opinion..

I saw whole match and it was boring with moments of brilliance..

And there are many who agree with me..

Even Pundits like Gary o reilly and others say the same..(now dont say i based my opinion on what pundits say..Thats my own opinion)

Now dont reply me please

i am thrill seeker..Goal seeker..Fickel fan..

Now please leave me alone..

how hypocritical, you replying to me all the time, yet you dont want me to reply to you.

guys like you shouldnt be watching football. no doubt the steel derby was an "entertaining" game because of the high score. but another day it might have ended up a turgid 0-0 as well. no doubt then, old trion here would probably be complaining about how "boring" the game was as well, and how "there was nothing interesting" in it. you talk like uefa and all those players are in debt to entertain you or something:rolleyes:

i ll give you some advice. your safest bet would be to not watch any football at all. it saves you the risk of having to suffer watching all those "boring boring" games. oh the pain and agony!:D i can just imagine the suffering you were going through, watching etoo messi henry iniesta ibrahimovic xavi sneijder play..

it's a footballing term commonly used among football journalists' date=' to describe defensive negative tactics. you can read into it all you like. i'm not being unfair on chelsea, because afterall that's how chelsea usually play in europe.

borring in the sense they were going no where with the ball.

What the hell..

Whats wrong with calling boring match "boring"...

I dont think i am wrong here..

I mentioned all the brilliant moments in my previous message but overall it was boring..

Do i have to be qualified to pass such judgement..

Do i have to win trophies like ferguson to have an opinion..

I replied to your previous message to clarify that i saw whole match..

Am i being hypocritical or contradictory..

You are the one who stated that match was good based on 15 min clip whereas i saw whole 93 mins and said its boring yet you think you are right..

Ok forget the derby i mentioned..

Was inter barca match not boring?

but another day it might have ended up a turgid 0-0 as well. no doubt then, old trion here would probably be complaining about how "boring" the game was

[/Quote]

its not about 0-0 scoreline

its about chances,gameplay or execution of tactics..

0-0 match can be exciting as well but this one wasnt..

But i suppose you just want to see great players wandering around..

you talk like uefa and all those players are in debt to entertain you or something:rolleyes:

quote any message where this was signified..

I just said it was boring..:|

i ll give you some advice. your safest bet would be to not watch any football at all. it saves you the risk of having to suffer watching all those "boring boring" games. oh the pain and agony!:D i can just imagine the suffering you were going through' date=' watching etoo messi henry iniesta ibrahimovic xavi sneijder play..[/quote']

you have issues dude..

Just because the teams were filled with superstars..

I ignore the yawns i had during the match..Lol

PS-I just said Boring and ones has to read all this sludge.. :D

its not about 0-0 scoreline

its about chances' date='gameplay or execution of tactics..

0-0 match can be exciting as well but this one wasnt..

But i suppose you just want to see great players wandering around..

quote any message where this was signified..

I just said it was boring..:|

you have issues dude..

Just because the teams were filled with superstars..

I ignore the yawns i had during the match..Lol

PS-I just said Boring and ones has to read all this sludge.. :D[/quote']

Lol, I asked you why you were watching the inter barca game when you, as an arsenal fan should be watching the arsenal game instead, you then replied with this:

t..

I then ask how you know the game was broing just form highlights? Since highlights usually show the best parts of the game' date=' and you reply with this:

what?

The way you continue to contradict your own posts really makes it hard for me to take you with any kind of seriousness. A highlight of the whole match “min by min”? lol where can I see that?? Have your say pal. I can sense your increasing desperateness by the way you try to turn every football opinion into something personal.

dont think im the one with issues

Mr.Liucci

i dont think i gone personal but if i did..Apologies..

We have three channels here

one showed Interbarca

other showed Liverpool match..

Third showed Arsenal Standard..

Then they showed the highlights(whole match ) of other matches after these matches ended

i saw Arsenal's match and then saw the highlights of Inter-barca on Neo

now that misunderstanding is sorted..

You would appreciate my opinions..

borring in the sense they were going no where with the ball.

That’s just how barca play m8. the amount of possession they have is disproportionately greater than the number of chances they create. In these big European games between 2 top sides, it’s always going to be cautious cagey affair, this is why you will rarely see open games. You don’t watch these games for the goals, you watch them for the moments of technical brilliances, even if it’s in the middle of the park

In the second half, that xavi pass to ibra which he miscontrolled, that was easily one of the best passes I have ever seen. a 40 yard lofted pass. Simple fans may dismiss it as a hopeful long ball, but the spin he put on the ball, which made it dip so suddenly around the last defender. There was more class in that pass than in most epl and serie A games!

That’s why ppl go out of their way to watch these games. Not because of the quantity of the “exciting” play, but the quality. Is 3 headed goals from corners worth more than one of those mazy messi runs that draw out a world class save from caesar? Unless you support that team, NO. from a neutral’s point of view, I would rather watch something I know I cant see by watching the Sunday league games.

People like trion, who hope for pure excitement and adrenaline from watching these games, need to realise that they are looking for those things at the wrong place. The only way you can get that kind of adrenaline and excitement is by playing the game yourself/. When you watch a game of football, you generally look for a lot of other things other than goals. When I watch roma play, im not waiting to watch mexes score headers at corners, im watching it hoping to see totti do something special, which I can then copy the next time I have a kickabout in the park.

that's all. all of this are football based, i never meant to offend fans like trion. how was i to know that he would be so upset???