UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Thats some atmosphere at the Inonu Stadium.

Agreed:D

I would love to be at the Besiktas-Man Utd game the place sounds fantastic' date=' the noise and the bouncing the home fans looks and sounds great. And its still 0-0 imagine if Bestiktas went 1-0 up :eek: That would be some atmosphere then

[b']Edit-[/b] Was 0-0... Scholes :D 1-0 United, did it silence the home support? Not much

I was there:D

Here is a video I took :)

JqlClzDUfww

Agreed Allan.Its Quality.I've never seen anything like it.Alright they've shut up a bit now Scholes has scored but before that it was intense.Thats what you should call the 12th man.

We're always like that :D

whole match which stretched out to 93 mins which i call highlights as it is not live..

Not video clippings of best stuff of match

ok, so while we solve one misunderstanding, this kind of confuses me in another way. Surely after watching the arsenal game, you would have heard reports on the inter-baca match, and how it finished a bore 0-0 draw. Since you made it very clear on here that you don’t enjoy scoreless/chancelss matches, why did you watch it when you already knew what kind of game you were getting??

Whether you saw the whole match or not actually make very little difference to where you and I stand. I think if I saw the whole game, I would still say it was a good game. And even if you only saw the good bits in highlights, im sure you would still say it was a “boring boring” game

I’m pretty certain our difference in perception is down to our different level of expectations. I believe the reason why so many fans are disappointed after watching the inter barca game, is because of unrealistic expectations and the ridiculous hype leading up to the game. For the fans who expected the game to finish 3-3 with ibra and etoo both scoring a hatrick, it’s easy to see how those guys would be disappointed with a 0-0

Personally, I weighed up the 2 teams and I could see that the game was never going to be an open attack orientated high scoring affair. Inter have the best back 5 in serie A and rarely concede at home. Meanwhile, barca struggles against teams that “park the bus”, as we saw in recent years against lfc Chelsea and manutd. I didn’t expect the game to be anything but a cagey, yet highly technical affair,. And that’s exactly what I got, and I m very happy because of it. Even the half chances which you dismiss are actually the results of brilliant individual pieces of brilliance. And since I support neither side, I couldn’t care less about who scores how many. But I saw enough moment of technical brilliance that makes me want to try those things out myself when I next have a kick about in the park. That’s is why I took positives out of the game, while a lot of fans end up moaning and complaining about what a “boring boring” game it was.

you dont watch CL games for the goals only. i ve seen the stats, the goal/game ratio for the top domestic leagues are between 2.5-3. for the CL, it's 1.7. you watch the CL for quality, not quantity. you watch it for finess not pure excitement. the fact you found the barca inter game "boring" shows you have not been watching it for the right reason

Now I don’t think I have said anything provocative here. So I want this to be end of the matter. if i said anything offensive, it was unintentional and purely part of the football debate. i apologise for that. but if you didnt take everything i said the wrong way, i wouldnt be replying to you all the time

The reactions I get from some people at times, it's like they got nothingbetter to do than start cyberfights here

That’s just how barca play m8. the amount of possession they have is disproportionately greater than the number of chances they create. In these big European games between 2 top sides' date=' it’s always going to be cautious cagey affair, this is why you will rarely see open games. You don’t watch these games for the goals, you watch them for the moments of technical brilliances, even if it’s in the middle of the park

In the second half, that xavi pass to ibra which he miscontrolled, that was easily one of the best passes I have ever seen. a 40 yard lofted pass. Simple fans may dismiss it as a hopeful long ball, but the spin he put on the ball, which made it dip so suddenly around the last defender. There was more class in that pass than in most epl and serie A games!

That’s why ppl go out of their way to watch these games. Not because of the quantity of the “exciting” play, but the quality. Is 3 headed goals from corners worth more than one of those mazy messi runs that draw out a world class save from caesar? Unless you support that team, NO. from a neutral’s point of view, I would rather watch something I know I cant see by watching the Sunday league games.

People like trion, who hope for pure excitement and adrenaline from watching these games, need to realise that they are looking for those things at the wrong place. The only way you can get that kind of adrenaline and excitement is by playing the game yourself/. When you watch a game of football, you generally look for a lot of other things other than goals. When I watch roma play, im not waiting to watch mexes score headers at corners, im watching it hoping to see totti do something special, which I can then copy the next time I have a kickabout in the park.

that's all. all of this are football based, i never meant to offend fans like trion. how was i to know that he would be so upset???[/quote']

A++ post. Will read again.

Who says games involving Italian teams are boring:o

First of all Rubin Kazan absolutely pass Inter of the field and this really is no exaggeration. Before and after the red card some of the Rubin's intricate passing would have done Barca proud. Inter were very very lucky to come away with a point and only a single red card.

And then Fiorentina just pepper the wide areas with Marchioni, Vargas and Jovetic all very threatening. In fact Marchioni's final ball let him down at times or it could have been more than 2. Liverpool had plenty of the ball in the second half but apart from a brief spell early in the half never looked like scoring. And my is the lad Jovetic good:eek: Hes a Rooney kind of player. Big, skillful and creative. Can't see him staying at Fiorentina for too long if he continues in this form

Who says games involving Italian teams are boring:o

First of all Rubin Kazan absolutely pass Inter of the field and this really is no exaggeration. Before and after the red card some of the Rubin's intricate passing would have done Barca proud. Inter were very very lucky to come away with a point and only a single red card.

And then Fiorentina just pepper the wide areas with Marchioni' date=' Vargas and Jovetic all very threatening. In fact Marchioni's final ball let him down at times or it could have been more than 2. Liverpool had plenty of the ball in the second half but apart from a brief spell early in the half never looked like scoring. And my is the lad Jovetic good:eek: Hes a Rooney kind of player. Big, skillful and creative. Can't see him staying at Fiorentina for too long if he continues in this form[/quote']

I totally agree about Jovetic (except for Rooney kind of player :P). He totally run ragged Liverpool. His goals were greate, but what was even better was his movement and techinique. If he continues like this, he will have a bright future.