UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

finished that way to' date=' me thinks Milan will be advertising for a new manager, doing really poorly in the league to, I think they are like 11th.[/quote']

It's pretty sad to see such a great team fall to pieces in the last year :(

but i suppose it is good for people who have Pato as he will play all year and get a 93 !

finished that way to' date=' me thinks Milan will be advertising for a new manager, doing really poorly in the league to, I think they are like 11th.[/quote']

Don't think it's Leonardos fault, they lost their star player over the summer and are in so much debt they can't afford to rebuild what is a very very old team.

That said they should still be beating a team like Zurich

Don't think it's Leonardos fault' date=' they lost their star player over the summer and are in so much debt they can't afford to rebuild what is a very very old team.

That said they should still be beating a team like Zurich[/quote']

ability-wise milan should be challenging for the league. Even with their relatively thin squad, and old legs, they should really have enough quality to hurt the big teams. instead, this year, i think they will need to push hard to qualify for any sort of european competition. Certainly i dont think they will qualify for the CL next year.

the problem with milan is as you have listed. they have an old team, they have struggled to replace certain members of the team, they havent bought properly for last 5 seasons. on top of that, they have brought through nothing from the academy with the exception of abate and paloschi, players whoes calibre are very questionable anyway.

But the biggest problem of all, for them, is the one thing everyone has overlooked-motivation. pirlo and gattuso, once the greatest midfield pairing in the world, have dipped performance-wise since italy won the WC. they got their act together for a last push with the CL title in 2007, but since then, they have performed so badly for milan that at one stage, people were taking of them being dropped for the national team. on top of that, guys like nesta seedorf kaladze and ronaldinho (lol-is he anything other than a marketing tool?)have all won pretty much everything that is worth winning at club level, several times over. so in that aspect, it's pretty clear that the problem is more desire and motivation than anything else.

in that aspect, one all of a sudden realise the importance of managers with good motivation skills. milan have had some fairly average managers in the last decade or so. the last manager they had who i rate is capello. the guys they ve had since then, all former players like ancelotti, have done a good job(it would be hard not to with the players they ve had), but really when the chips are down, or when your players have all lost their desire to win, like they are now, that's when the real ability of a manager shines through. all milan need is a truely great coach and manager. you can be the best tactican and the smoothest talker in the world, but if you cant motivate and maintain the winning desire of a team, your ability as a manager is very very limited

• 3 weeks later...

Barcelona 0-1 Rubin Kazan

Debrecen 1-0 Fiorentina

Inter Milan 0-1 Dynamo Kiev

3 quick goals put some of the favourites behind early. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

Fiorentina level as i type this lol and make it 2-1 almost instantly.

Viola go infront as I read this. :P

Barcelona 0-1 Rubin Kazan

Debrecen 1-0 Fiorentina

Inter Milan 0-1 Dynamo Kiev

3 quick goals put some of the favourites behind early. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

Fiorentina level as i type this lol and make it 2-1 almost instantly.

Rangers 1-0 Unirea

Pedro Mendes

Rangers 1-0 Unirea' date=' Unirea OG

Rangers 1-1 Unirea, Bilasco

Rangers 1-2 Unirea, Lafferty OG

Rangers 1-3 Unirea, McCulloch OG

Rangers 1-4 Unirea, Naismith OG?, it did take a big deflection off him.[/quote']

Loving that scoreline.

Will be a quiet night in work tonight. :D

Rangers 1-0 Unirea' date=' Unirea OG

Rangers 1-1 Unirea, Bilasco

Rangers 1-2 Unirea, Lafferty OG

Rangers 1-3 Unirea, McCulloch OG

Rangers 1-4 Unirea, Naismith OG?, it did take a big deflection off him.[/quote']

Apologies, only showing on ESPN as Pablo Brendan goal.

Ive Never Felt So ... At Liverpool!

Cant Beleive It.

Old News: We Definatley Shouldnt Have Sold Alonso. We Sell Him. And What Do We Do? We Buy An Injured Player! WTH!?

Anyone Know If Gerrard And Torres Will Be Fit For United Game? :mad::(

I cant see Benitez staying long now. What Liverpool didnt need was a demoralising loss ahead of the Manchester United game. They wont qualify from the group at this rate.

Thats The Problem! There Is NO MANAGER On Earth That Could REplace Rafa And His Squad Rotation Thing!.

And How Many Good MAnagers Are There That Would Leave A Great CLub To Join Liverpool ATM?

Exactly...