UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

You need to check what the boo's was for :)

Man Utd fans talking about boo'in is quite funny tho :D

But thier boo's are normanly about the half frozen prawns, not about the match thier ignoring :P

As for the Champs league we'v been in this postion before not so long ago and qualified for the knockout stage. Liverpool are going through a dodgy period at the moment, there is no-way we should sack Rafa it would take a new manager at least a season to settle in and reshape the squad and the monies not there to reshape a squad as proved by the lack of backing in the market for Rafa and the reports in the finicial papers that if we don't get a new investor we might have to sell Gerrard, Torres ect to stay out of administration.

If your going to blame anyone blame the right people and thats the Americans not Rafa.

liverpool fans trying to have a dig at united when they lose *again*. typicall :P

Need to check back mate :) ' date=' also check the forums last year when we was flying high and you guys started badly, check both offical threads you may well be quite shocked in the difference.

Maybe it was more boo's for Cris because he had a head injury? :) Not too many other things I could think it was for... maybe more for bringing off Benyaoun? ;)

Correct, they wasnt happy about bringing Yossi off when we needed a goal, that is not boo'in players or your team now is it, it's booin a choice in sub.

Hardly like you guys boo'in Fergie when he went through his bad patch or the god awful stick you gave Berba last season.

Or even the over reaction by yourself on your own thread after your loss Vs Burnley :)

Correct' date=' they wasnt happy about bringing Yossi off when we needed a goal, that is not boo'in players or your team now is it, it's booin a choice in sub.

Hardly like you guys boo'in Fergie when he went through his bad patch or the god awful stick you gave Berba last season.

Or even the over reaction by yourself on your own thread after your loss Vs Burnley :)[/quote']

Yes booing a sub that the manager made - which is effectively booing him.

I don't think I said anywhere that booing is bad :o my point was more that I read on here Liverpool fans criticizing us for booing yet they have done it themselves tonight.

What was worse was booing Cris twice when it was quite clear he had a head injury.

Edit - What was the over-reaction? :o I genuinely forget. I remember giving Foster stick though, which tbh he deserved.

Yes booing a sub that the manager made - which is effectively booing him.

I don't think I said anywhere that booing is bad :o my point was more that I read on here Liverpool fans criticizing us for booing yet they have done it themselves tonight.

Liverpool fans have given Man Utd stick for 2 things which I can think off.

1 - boo'in Fergie after Man Utd hit there bad seasons' date=' even we finished above you under Houiller, all that success, tophies, amazing times he had given you guys and the stick he got (and comments about losing it etc etc) just because they had a bad few seasons pretty much speaks for itself in regards to your fans.

2 - Boing and giving Berba some awful stick last season, some of it really bad I only remember 1/2 people sticking up for him on here 1 being REDDEVIL who seemed to stick by him the whole time, and I'm not really talking about just forumers giving him stick... well you know yourself the reaction he got from the fans.

Are you saying either of those 2 are the same as boo'in because you are not happy a player is coming off?

If the fans booed because Torres was being taken off we would not be having this convo :)

What was worse was booing Cris twice when it was quite clear he had a head injury.

For who? the people watching on the TV who saw the replays? because it took Andy gray 2 replays before he said he had been caught in the head he thought at first (like the fans get) he brung Kuyt down with his hands.

Liverpool fans have given Man Utd stick for 2 things which I can think off.

1 - boo'in Fergie after Man Utd hit there bad seasons' date=' even we finished above you under Houiller, all that success, tophies, amazing times he had given you guys and the stick he got (and comments about losing it etc etc) just because they had a bad few seasons pretty much speaks for itself in regards to your fans.

2 - Boing and giving Berba some awful stick last season, some of it really bad I only remember 1/2 people sticking up for him on here 1 being REDDEVIL who seemed to stick by him the whole time, and I'm not really talking about just forumers giving him stick... well you know yourself the reaction he got from the fans.[/quote']

Like I say, I know this and know that its wrong but it was besides my main point. Liverpool fans generally give out about United fans booing and go on about how they never boo there team. They did tonight.

For who? the people watching on the TV who saw the replays? because it took Andy gray 2 replays before he said he had been caught in the head he thought at first (like the fans get) he brung Kuyt down with his hands.

Fair enough, they may not have seen it but when they saw the neck brace and Cris lying flat out surely they should have realised by then he had a head injury. Even when he went down the 2nd time, there were more boo's. Not debating the foul.

Like I say' date=' I know this and know that its wrong but it was besides my main point. Liverpool fans generally give out about United fans booing and go on about how they never boo there team. They did tonight.[/quote']

There is a gulf in difference between boo'in a player, or boo'in Fergie in that manner I mentioned then Boo'in because you are not happy with a sub.

If the fans booed because Gerrard or Torres was subbed I doubt you would have even mentioned it.

Either way if you can't see the difference between the 2 situations / differences u are crazy :D or just borderline deserpate to try and find a case for Liverpool fans booing

ps.. they booed Lucas season before last if you want a "proper" thing to use

Fair enough' date=' they may not have seen it but when they saw the neck brace and Cris lying flat out surely they should have realised by then he had a head injury. Even when he went down the 2nd time, there were more boo's. Not debating the foul.[/quote']

maybe, I guess they was just totaly frustrated with the night

Like I say' date=' I know this and know that its wrong but it was besides my main point. Liverpool fans generally give out about United fans booing and go on about how they never boo there team. They did tonight.

[/quote']

If we were booing our team then it would have gone on for a while during play itself ,thats what you do if your not backing them or supporting them to the hilt ,you BOO like United do when unhappy and also empty seats especially if losing :P:D or give them a terrible reception when leaving the pitch well that didnt happen as far as i saw ,but you wont get that much at OT because when you lose theres not enough fans of yours left to make a whimper let alone enough noise to be heard .;)

Nope it was nothing to do with the Team just letting the manager know most of them thought it was the wrong substitution .:)

I don't want to get into the debate about Liverpool's problems, or whether or not Rafa Benitez should stay or go. However, there is one thing that always seems to strike me whenever I hear Rafa open his mouth, and I wonder if others feel the same as I do. If I were a Liverpool player, I would find it hard to get motivated or inspired by anything that Rafa says. Perhaps his foreign tongue hinders the convincing-ness (if such a word exists) of what he says. Or perhaps it's his monotone, droning, repetitive sounding voice which fails to get through to me. Whatever it is, in an environment where every detail is vital when you are considering how high-pressure the EPL is, perhaps that is what's preventing Liverpool from turning the corner from Premier League pretenders and into Premier League champions.

I don't want to get into the debate about Liverpool's problems' date=' or whether or not Rafa Benitez should stay or go. However, there is one thing that always seems to strike me whenever I hear Rafa open his mouth, and I wonder if others feel the same as I do. If I were a Liverpool player, I would find it hard to get motivated or inspired by anything that Rafa says. Perhaps his foreign tongue hinders the convincing-ness (if such a word exists) of what he says. Or perhaps it's his monotone, droning, repetitive sounding voice which fails to get through to me. Whatever it is, in an environment where every detail is vital when you are considering how high-pressure the EPL is, perhaps that is what's preventing Liverpool from turning the corner from Premier League pretenders and into Premier League champions.[/quote']

I personally wouldn't doubt the motivational skills of a man who turned a 3-0 deficit in a champions league final into 3-3 within 20 minutes.....

Liverpool don't have a squad of players capable of being EPL champions. That simple really

I personally wouldn't doubt the motivational skills of a man who turned a 3-0 deficit in a champions league final into 3-3 within 20 minutes.....

That's true' date=' to be fair. But I would put a large part of that down to the players as well, not to mention the huge momentum switch of the game after the first goal.

Liverpool don't have a squad of players capable of being EPL champions. That simple really

I don't agree with that. True, they miss Alonso incredibly, and they lack a worthy enough replacement for Torres when he's injured. But, other than that, Liverpool have a side which is more than capable of, not only challenging, but winning the EPL title.

I don't agree with that. True' date=' they miss Alonso incredibly, and they lack a worthy enough replacement for Torres when he's injured. But, other than that, Liverpool have a side which is more than capable of, not only challenging, but winning the EPL title.[/quote']

The key word is squad. Their first team is more than capable of challenging, if they could put out their best team every single match then they would be right up there, but if they lose Gerrard & Torres (and others like Johnson, Aquilani et al) for any length of time, the players they bring in are distinctly mid table, if that.

Players like Lucas & N Gog wouldn't get into the Villa, Spurs or Everton team so how can they be expected to challenge for the title?

The key word is squad. Their first team is more than capable of challenging' date=' if they could put out their best team every single match then they would be right up there, but if they lose Gerrard & Torres (and others like Johnson, Aquilani et al) for any length of time, the players they bring in are distinctly mid table, if that.

Players like Lucas & N Gog wouldn't get into the Villa, Spurs or Everton team so how can they be expected to challenge for the title?[/quote']

I agree with you that their squad isn't the deepest, or the strongest. But the exact same squad + Alonso almost won the league last season and they probably should have/deserved to win it as well. Alonso's a big loss for sure, but Liverpool should still be doing better.

I'm not saying that my theory is correct or fool-proof. Just trying to dig a little deeper and look at the bigger picture (whilst ignoring the obvious influence of the Americans).

I agree with you that their squad isn't the deepest' date=' or the strongest. But the exact same squad + Alonso almost won the league last season and they probably should have/deserved to win it as well. Alonso's a big loss for sure, but Liverpool should still be doing better..[/quote']

One of the reasons Rafa at the mo must be pulling his hair out ,yes Alonso was a loss but it still shouldnt have made them look as though there a team thats never played before with each other and out of sorts in most games up to now .

In fact i think getting so close last year and losing less games than United as well last season and the season before has hit a bit of confidence and has had an effect on some players more than there willing to admit .

What i mean by this is instead of being up for it from the first game of season they looked a team against Spurs and in other games up to now that look as though they were still thinking about last year and just going through the motions .:eek:

Not taking anything away from Spurs or the others but LFC players last year would chase the ball down ,get in the others faces etc ,pressure all over the park play most games at a fast tempo which actually seems to benefit us more .

This season in most games its lacking its as though theyve had the wind took out their sales " proberly filled the beach ball up with it ".

Nope they should to me still be performing to a far better standard than what they are now .

Another thing this season to our last few is the Defence is more out of sorts which i dont just relate to the departure of Alonso and why we have lost more than we should .

Carra is having a nightmare up to now which he admits to ,now some say its age but i put it down to more than that .

Johnstone has come in at right back but i dont think his defending is as great as his attacking side so seems Mascherano also seems to have had his mind on not going to Barca of late so not playing nowhere near his best like last year then this hasnt helped the back four because quite a few goals have come from Johnstone not being back and out of place and Masch not being his usual self in covering .

Didnt get Arebola etc out of posistion much last year mainly did the RB and left Kuyt to see to the RM ,but seems draws cost us at Anfield Johnstone was seen as part of the missing link to break things down ,but this seems to have had an effect on our normal tight defence and seems vunerable more ,especially with Aurelio as well being injured so young Insua mainly playing all games .

He is doing great as far as im concerened but still is young and learning and comming to terms with the demand of the prem so is not going to be solid all the time and will make mistakes .

Yep we have probs no denying it but the way were playing isnt because of squad depth its more of the players " head content ":D

Maybe a confidence crisis if so they need a big slap in the face with a wake up call before to late .:)

Don't you just love Champions League home games, just been watching this...

jZs9hEoClwI

I was at the game and at the stand opposite where the recording was taken. I've got the goosebumps just watching it:)

Just to be involved in this again, I'd do anything!

rQ_oo2xbc2A

Wolfsburg - Besiktas today, good luck to both teams, we won't win but I'll be delighted if we draw.

Madrid-Milan tonight I'm definitely watching that. I'll have to record to watch later because of the Chelsea game.

The way Milan are playing atm, I can't see it being much of a contest, personally I think Madrid are gunna stuff them ! :o

The way Milan are playing atm' date=' I can't see it being much of a contest, personally I think Madrid are gunna stuff them ! :o[/quote']

I also think that but Italian teams and players (especially Milan and Insaghi) scare me as they often win games by first being dominated in the entire game and then they equilize or win in the last 2 seconds:mad: and Insaghi is a pro for these things:mad::mad:

I am hoping Ronaldinho has one of those days' date=' you know[/quote']

What a good day? If so, I do too, as much as I hate Madrid and would love them to lose tonight.. I don't think they will.

I think they'll have too much for AC. I'm interested to see how Pato does.

What a good day? If so' date=' I do too, as much as I hate Madrid and would love them to lose tonight.. I don't think they will.

I think they'll have too much for AC. I'm interested to see how Pato does.[/quote']

If he is on his game I doubt the Real defenders stand any chance whatsover. He and Pato are the main men here. Pato has shown that given a chance he will finish. And as Real don't have Ron I certainly want them to lose:p