UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

CSKA Moscow: Akinfeev, Semberas, Ignashevich, Alexei Berezutsky, Vasili Berezutsky, Odiah, Rahimic, Schennikov, Krasic, Dzagoev, Necid.

Subs: Pomazan, Daniel Carvalho, Mamaev, Aldonin, Piliev, Oliseh, Grigoriev.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, O'Shea, Valencia, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Berbatov.

Subs: Kuszczak, Brown, Owen, Carrick, Welbeck, Jonathan Evans, Macheda.

O'Shea playing in DM then for the first time in ages. Scholes and Anderson starting too know surprise. Vidic and Berba fit enough too. Definitely a team more than capable of winning this game comfortably.

CSKA Moscow: Akinfeev' date=' Semberas, Ignashevich, Alexei Berezutsky, Vasili Berezutsky, Odiah, Rahimic, Schennikov, Krasic, Dzagoev, Necid.

Subs: Pomazan, Daniel Carvalho, Mamaev, Aldonin, Piliev, Oliseh, Grigoriev.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, O'Shea, Valencia, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Berbatov.

Subs: Kuszczak, Brown, Owen, [b']Carrick[/b], Welbeck, Jonathan Evans, Macheda.

O'Shea playing in DM then for the first time in ages. Scholes and Anderson starting too know surprise. Vidic and Berba fit enough too. Definitely a team more than capable of winning this game comfortably.

Why-oh-why is Fergie leaving his best player on the bench? :confused:

United will win with ease, IMO.

2-0 United.

:o

Nearly fell asleep during that first half. Actually couldn't wait for the whistle... Fabio has looked good though. Hopefully less :Z:Z:Z:Z in the second half.

Fabio looked good :eek:

I must have been watching a different game. Krasic got past him with ease on multiple occasions, and Fabio seemed to mis judge just about every ball (although tbf the pitch does take a bit of getting used to).

I agree it's been a boring game though. CSKA have been the better team so far. Hopefully we'll see some Dzagoev magic in the second half.

Fabio looked good :eek:

I must have been watching a different game. Krasic got past him with ease on multiple occasions' date=' and Fabio seemed to mis judge just about every ball (although tbf the pitch does take a bit of getting used to).

I agree it's been a boring game though. CSKA have been the better team so far. Hopefully we'll see some Dzagoev magic in the second half.[/quote']

Going forward is what I meant. Him and Nani have linked up quite well.... he needs to work on his defending loads but he is still only a kid.

:o

Nearly fell asleep during that first half. Actually couldn't wait for the whistle... Fabio has looked good though. Hopefully less :Z:Z:Z:Z in the second half.

Yeah, I'm not even really watching the game. Just on here and listening waiting for a goal.

Sounds boring and the times I've looked and watched there wasn't anything interesting really.:rolleyes:

Never a penalty.

Top marks too the referee. That was clear simulation, just cheating by the big Bulg.

Offside for god sake. Can't stand it, poor rule, ruins the game. I can go on and on about how much I hate the offside rule. Why do we have it. Why is it illegal to be infront of all the defenders. No offsides mean we have more goals, more interesting games, and the play is much more spread out because attackers will drag defenders upfield leaving more room in midfield. And the amount of times an offside is wrong. I have sympathy for the Linesman, they can't possibly tell if when he has kicked it he is stood offiside. It's impossible no wonder why they get it wrong soo much. It should be taken out the game seriously. Proper annoys me.

Never a penalty.

Top marks too the referee. That was clear simulation' date=' just cheating by the big Bulg.

Offside for god sake. Can't stand it, poor rule, ruins the game. I can go on and on about how much I hate the offside rule. Why do we have it. Why is it illegal to be infront of all the defenders. No offsides mean we have more goals, more interesting games, and the play is much more spread out because attackers will drag defenders upfield leaving more room in midfield. And the amount of times an offside is wrong. I have sympathy for the Linesman, they can't possibly tell if when he has kicked it he is stood offiside. It's impossible no wonder why they get it wrong soo much. It should be taken out the game seriously. Proper annoys me.[/quote']

No offsides means that a team can field nine strikers and instruct them to stand in the oppositions six yard box, and then one defender can just hit the ball up to them and they are odds on to score. The offside rule can be frustrating, as it isnt a definite yes/no answer, and it all goes down to human error, but its there for a reason.

No offsides means that a team can field nine strikers and instruct them to stand in the oppositions six yard box' date=' and then one defender can just hit the ball up to them and they are odds on to score. The offside rule can be frustrating, as it isnt a definite yes/no answer, and it all goes down to human error, but its there for a reason.[/quote']

No because you leave a defender up for each striker. You do a man marking job.

Thats why it would stretch the game out. So if a player stood in the 6 yard box you would just send a defender up and it would be more difficult too pass. You wouldn't put 9 strikers up because then you only have 1 defender.

But can you see how it would stretch the play out more. There would be more space for people too move in and play around with the ball.

Wolfsburg - Besiktas today' date=' good luck to both teams, we won't win but I'll be delighted if we draw.[/quote']

Just checked the squads, Grafite and Dzeko are playing upfront together, which is why we're probably playing with 3 DM's, 2 wide wingers and a lone striker.

First time all season we're going to play this formation:o

1-0 Man Utd Valencia.

Good goal. Godd chip in by Nani' date=' good flick on by Berba, and well hit by Valencia. Just on corner of 6 yard box hammerd across the keeper into the goal.[/quote']

Yeah was a good goal, the downside is Fabio picked up an injury winning the ball back and has had to go off. Hopefully its nothing serious. Good week for Valencia his 1st United goal at the weekend and his 1st champions league goal tonight.

Yeah was a good goal' date=' the downside is Fabio picked up an injury winning the ball back and has had to go off. Hopefully its nothing serious. Good week for Valencia his 1st United goal at the weekend and his 1st champions league goal tonight.[/quote']

Yeah Valencia seems to have selted in and playing quite well.

Good player I like him and good signing for Man Utd I'd say.

Yeah was a good goal' date=' the downside is Fabio picked up an injury winning the ball back and has had to go off. [b']Hopefully its nothing serious.[/b] Good week for Valencia his 1st United goal at the weekend and his 1st champions league goal tonight.

It was just a cramp (Ferguson is just after saying that) :)