UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Everyone do this:

My:

Goal of the week: Rubin Kazan's first at the nou camp.

Player of the week: Has to be Kalou for me' date=' was excellent.

Team of the Week: Ac Milan, character to turn around the game and win! :D[/quote']

goal of the week: rubin kazans 1st

player of the week: gourcuff. missed a penalty and it was poorly taken but absolutly dominated the midfield against a defensively strong bayern

team of the week: rubin kazan. enough said

• 2 weeks later...

Besiktas - Wolfsburg tonight.

We managed to scrape a point off them two weeks ago so we're going for all 3 this week, we've got many injuries but it's still possible especially if these are lot are on form again this week....

jZs9hEoClwI

I'm actually shiviring with excitement:D

We managed to scrape a point off them two weeks ago so we're going for all 3 this week' date=' we've got many injuries but it's still possible especially if these are lot are on form again this week....

[YOUTUBE']jZs9hEoClwI[/YOUTUBE]

Are you going to the Stadium? :)

Its a great amosphere from what i've seen on telly and online, I love the stadium too.

Are you going to the Stadium? :)

Its a great amosphere from what i've seen on telly and online' date=' I love the stadium too.[/quote']

Nah, live in London but did go to that match, went to Turkey for 3 days to watch us play Manchester.

Going to watch Manchester - Besiktas in a couple of weeks :D

Nah' date=' live in London but did go to that match, went to Turkey for 3 days to watch us play Manchester.

Going to watch Manchester - Besiktas in a couple of weeks :D[/quote']

Ahh yeah, didnt take notice of your "location" in the box to the left..:o

What was it like at the stadium against United? :)

Milan are at it again, 1-1:p

Pato scores another but is is ruled out for some reason. C'mon Milan

As for Chelsea, nothing really created Lampard had a shot just before HT and Kalou had a header wide, but hopefully a goal (for us) in the second half.

Felt very sorry for CSKA tonight. Thought they were excellent for 70 minutes, but they just seemed to run out of steam when it mattered. Akinfeev was brilliant, and I'm sure the 'papers will be mad for rumours speculating a move to Old Trafford after such a performance (which could be true, I guess). Thought the equaliser was unbelievably lucky, as Valencia's shot was absolutely appalling. However, after being denied a supposedly stone-wall penalty (I missed the first few minutes of the second half), I guess the luck evened itself out.

Bayern are on the verge of elimination :eek:. Looked a straight forward group on paper for Juve and Bayern, but Bourdeaux have really turned the table topsy turvy and are deservely through, so well done to them :) . An interesting side thought of today's match is the re-opening of the German league v French league debate. The German league has traditionally been thought of as the fourth strongest in Europe, but the French league (and arguably the Russian league) have laid claims in recent years to usurping the Bundesliga from this mantle. And with Bordeaux through, Lyon in a very strong position and possibly even Marseille in with a reasonable shout and with none of the German sides looking particularly comfortable (albeit Wolfsburg are likely to qualify after tonight's results), this will certainly re-open the debate (making a timely exit before the Bundesliga supporters come on to lynch me :P).

We managed to scrape a point off them two weeks ago so we're going for all 3 this week' date=' we've got many injuries but it's still possible especially if these are lot are on form again this week....

[YOUTUBE']jZs9hEoClwI[/YOUTUBE]

Sometimes even with the 12th man it's not possible.

Injuries destroyed us, missed Ernst incredibly a lot today.

Ahh yeah' date=' didnt take notice of your "location" in the box to the left..:o

What was it like at the stadium against United? :)[/quote']

Incredible, plenty of videos on the net to explain why :D

Here's another one...

rQ_oo2xbc2A

Wow, Leonid sky seems to have turned CSKA into a new team :eek:. That's some of the best foobtall I've seen them play all season, unlike under Juande Ramos' boring root one stuff. It seems having a manager who speaks the language counts for a lot. Based on performances, CSKA deserve more than 1 point out of the 2 games against Utd, but that's how football goes I suppose. Hopefully they'll be able to beat Wolfsburg at home (defeinetely possible) and then they've got a tricky trip away to Beşiktaş (a game which is must win at all costs).