UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Means this that Liverpool will most likely be thrown to Europa League?

Yes, to qualify for the knockout round Liverpool must beat Fiorentina and Debrecen, and hope Lyon win against Fiorentina. If Lyon draw against Fiorentina, Liverpool will need to beat Fiorentina at least 4-0

Means this that Liverpool will most likely be thrown to Europa League?

Do we all not think that when you look at Liverpools squad is just no where near good enough to win owt? Rafa Benitez has had, what? 5 years and built a squad where if just one of Torres or Gerrard isn't in then its gonna be a well faught win. Compared too when you look at Man Utd and Chelsea, well Chelsea more because Mourinho had less than 5 years. I know that there may not be that much money compared too Chelsea but surley in my eyes he has had too have strength and then strength in dept. And I don't think Liverpool will win anything unless Gerrard and Torres are on the top of there game every game. Which there not because there injured and unfit. I mean look at there goalscorers. Who is really banging in the goals apart from Torres and Gerrard? No one. Who else have Liverpool got upfront? Voronin, N'Gog? Compared too Man Utd who have, Owen, Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda, then even the midfielders pop up with goals. Chelsea have, Anelka and Drogba with stunning midfielders like Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack. In my eyes this is the worst Liverpool team for the past 4/5 years.

For me Benitez should go around now. Give the new manager time too look at the team and what it has and what he needs in January.

if he is he might fail as barca look like they might be in the europa league

Hardly. That group is still very tight. Anyone could yet go through in that one, including both of Inter and Barca. They've both got more chance of progressing to the knockout stages than Liverpool have.

• 3 weeks later...

Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool

Shocking defending' date=' but if you support Liverpool, who cares? Fabio Aurelio swings over a ball from the right, Jamie Carragher heads it back across goal and David Ngog reacts quickest to poke it in from a few yards out.[/quote']

and publication for the above goes straight to the BBC website :P