UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

they've got a good strike Besiktas it's that they just don't know how to use them well enough. they're playing 4-3-3 and their strike is Izmailov ' date=' Nihat & Bobo and imo that's actually pretty good but they're still getting beat 1:0 by CSKA Moscow.:confused::confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

Yeah I noticed that, with CSKA winning Wolfsburg need a win against United or they will have to settle for Europa League whilst a goal for Besiktas would see Wolfsburg through on GD, 15 minutes left in the games, changes could happen.

Wolfsburg through? Through to the Europa League ya mean? :D

What!? I just checked out the Tables and Wolfsburg are 2nd? Unless they havent been updated yet:eek: I knew they had to do better than CSKA but i havent seen the CSKA result, did they still win 3-1?

Nah mate they havn't' date=' Wolfsburg lost 3-1 to United, and CSKA beat Besiktas I think it was 3-1, although it mighta been 2-1.[/quote']

No way! :( Ahwell, they havent been the best have they. Was Dzeko's goal good? actualy dont tell me:p ill watch it on Champions league extra time tomorow on ITV;)

What!? I just checked out the Tables and Wolfsburg are 2nd? Unless they havent been updated yet:eek: I knew they had to do better than CSKA but i havent seen the CSKA result' date=' did they still win 3-1?[/quote']

Nope, they finished 3rd but could still go through after two CSKA players failed drugs test. The decision will be made the day before the draw for the last 16.

Nope' date=' they finished 3rd but could still go through after two CSKA players failed a drugs test. The decision will be made the day before the draw for the last 16.[/quote']

But.. theres still a last 32 round, so Wolfsburg wont be able to rejoin if them players fail a drug test, who were they may i ask?

But.. theres still a last 32 round' date=' so Wolfsburg wont be able to rejoin if them players fail a drug test, who were they may i ask?[/quote']

Sergei Ignashevich and Alexei Berezutsky

CSKA defended them by saying that they were given Sudafed while they had colds while on International duty. Nothing is certain yet though.

Milan Vs. Zürich, it was very poor performance by the rossoneri.

I didn't understand what tactic did Milan play with in this match and I can't name one player did well.

Seedorf & Pirlo.. it's time to replace them by Flamini & Abati in the midfield.

TBH I don't think Milan will go far this year. :mad:

Has anyone seen the Arsenal to play Olympiacos tomorow night? its predicted that the average age will be 20! could be some new faces coming to SM never soon guys!:) also Aquilani could make his first team Liverpool apperance tomorow night!

i think the new faces are new faces to the champions league and not to the arsenal first team, i think wilshere is starting

i think the new faces are new faces to the champions league and not to the arsenal first team' date=' i think wilshere is starting[/quote']

Yeah but have you seen some the other names? Song's the best player in the team.. heres some of the players that might make the starting XI: Fabianski, Mannone, Silvestre, Bartley, Cruise, Eastmond, Gilbert, Ayling, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Merida, Coquelin, Randall, Vela, Walcott, Sunu, Emmanuel-Thomas.

Yeah but have you seen some the other names? Song's the best player in the team.. heres some of the players that might make the starting XI: Fabianski' date=' Mannone, Silvestre, Bartley, Cruise, Eastmond, Gilbert, Ayling, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Merida, Coquelin, Randall, Vela, Walcott, Sunu, Emmanuel-Thomas.[/quote']

its a good idea, if they win they will get raved about, if they lose o well, theyr through already, theyl just get on with it

Surprised anyone watched Besiktas yesterday' date=' we're OK in defence but poor going forward, oh well :D.

CSKA will definetly not get punished BTW, it's official.[/quote']

Yeah i know heard it..

its a good idea' date=' if they win they will get raved about, if they lose o well, theyr through already, theyl just get on with it[/quote']

hopefully they do win! 400 minutes for them young players would be great! (just so i could get some more young talent to some my clubs;))

just wondering what will happen to barca if they lose 2night? Would they go through over kiev?

depending on other result i think, say inter win and barca loss , im not 100% though ill have to see.. its a tight group id have to look at the group but im pritty busy at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

I think United are out. Fergie hasn't mastered Milan and it's gonna show again.

Bordeaux have it easy methinks, and they should go on to win the competition

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

Porto v Arsenal

AC Milan v Man Utd

I think United are out. Fergie hasn't mastered Milan and it's gonna show again.

Bordeaux have it easy methinks' date=' and they should go on to win the competition

Stuttgart v [b']Barcelona[/b]

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

Porto v Arsenal

AC Milan v Man Utd

Your living in cuckoo methinks, United should be able to beat an ageing side who play solely on reputation, they aren't the same team that they were a few years ago.