UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Superb draw for Barcelona. I don't expect any surprises here and I'm sure that Barca will go through comfortably. Lucktards :mad:

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Bordeaux got one of the best possible draws for them and considering their form and their players, I'd be really surprised if they didn't went through to later stages of CL. Also, I consider them to be one of the dark horses this year.

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Good old Mourinho is coming home. This tie should be dull, boring and I see Chelsea going through to the next round without too much trouble. These 2 sides play pretty much the same style of football, except Chelsea are a lot better at it.

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

One of the best draws. This two teams are about the same strength and even though Fiorentina have problems in Serie A, they have showed their quality in CL. I foresee an entertaining, goal-full tie with Fiorentina edging it.

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Pretty much the same as above. CSKA is strong but disqualifications could be very costly and while Sevilla aren't in the best form, I can see them edging this, even if it's in the extra time.

Lyon v Real Madrid

Not the best of the draws for Madrid, especially considering last encounters. That said, I don't see Lyon as threatening as it used to be (although Lisandro and Pjanic might have to say something about that) and Madrid finally are starting to play like a team, so I think they should win this without too much of a trouble. It will also be interesting to see how Benzema and Diarra will react to this tie from the bench :o

Porto v Arsenal

This might not be a popular choice (and it certainly was tough to call), but I think Porto can edge it. Arsenal have one of the worst injury crisis and their form has went down recently. Even if they'll get out of this mess, they're going to have a very tough match. It will be interesting too watch Alves, Rolando, Fabregas, Arshavin and co and I see this tie as one of the most thrilling ones.

AC Milan v Man Utd

Again, probably not the popular opinion. That's especially weird considering that I've said that Milan is quite weak this season and MU is still very strong. However, recently Milan have started to play much better and with Ronaldinho and Pato, well, anything is possible. Call this a hunch, but I think Milan will go through.

Feel free to discuss, criticize and rant B)

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Superb draw for Barcelona. I don't expect any surprises here and I'm sure that Barca will go through comfortably. Lucktards :mad:

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Bordeaux got one of the best possible draws for them and considering their form and their players' date=' I'd be really surprised if they didn't went through to later stages of CL. Also, I consider them to be one of the dark horses this year.

Inter Milan v [b']Chelsea[/b]

Good old Mourinho is coming home. This tie should be dull, boring and I see Chelsea going through to the next round without too much trouble. These 2 sides play pretty much the same style of football, except Chelsea are a lot better at it.

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

One of the best draws. This two teams are about the same strength and even though Fiorentina have problems in Serie A, they have showed their quality in CL. I foresee an entertaining, goal-full tie with Fiorentina edging it.

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Pretty much the same as above. CSKA is strong but disqualifications could be very costly and while Sevilla aren't in the best form, I can see them edging this, even if it's in the extra time.

Lyon v Real Madrid

Not the best of the draws for Madrid, especially considering last encounters. That said, I don't see Lyon as threatening as it used to be (although Lisandro and Pjanic might have to say something about that) and Madrid finally are starting to play like a team, so I think they should win this without too much of a trouble. It will also be interesting to see how Benzema and Diarra will react to this tie from the bench :o

Porto v Arsenal

This might not be a popular choice (and it certainly was tough to call), but I think Porto can edge it. Arsenal have one of the worst injury crisis and their form has went down recently. Even if they'll get out of this mess, they're going to have a very tough match. It will be interesting too watch Alves, Rolando, Fabregas, Arshavin and co and I see this tie as one of the most thrilling ones.

AC Milan v Man Utd

Again, probably not the popular opinion. That's especially weird considering that I've said that Milan is quite weak this season and MU is still very strong. However, recently Milan have started to play much better and with Ronaldinho and Pato, well, anything is possible. Call this a hunch, but I think Milan will go through.

Feel free to discuss, criticize and rant B)

Totally agree execpt for the part with Porto, where I think Arsenal will pull it off.

FORZA MILAN!!

And yet (ironically) we strive to get to the same division as them and given the chance we would love our clubs to get in the top four and feed at the trough...

Of course the other irony is that if we ever managed to get that far the clubs would probably price us out of going. ;)

Haha' date=' very true. Most are like that, but, with the state of the game right now, I'm very comfortable watching Championship football right now, and for a fair few years to come.[/quote']

I'm the same to an extent. It's nice to see the big teams and players come to our place but overall I'm really not too fussed.

• 1 month later...

what a strange goal' date=' Antonini got injured and Man UTD. kept playing (Antonini may went out the field) but anyway, a bad injury timing :P

What was Ferguson telling one of the defenders after the goal, was he cussing him? :confused:[/quote']

he said the f word at least once, and he was definitely not pleased with his performance.

You look at this game and say "What are Milan doing?" when in fairness' date=' they had a lot of legit penalty claims turned down, and then Pato could have scored that header, Ronaldinho is playing above average at the moment and Beckham? Very average performance.[/quote']

Thats why Beckham has gone off.

The scum are going to put more past this Milan team. :(

Finally, Man UTD. beat Milan at the San Siro.

A wonderful performance by Milan just before the tragedy happened when Antonini got injured.

Why do I feel that Dinho is the only one act silly and not being serious at some part of the match.

Congrats Man Utd. fans and better luck for us Milanestas (we need it) in the Old Trafford.