UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

If Bayern watch Match of the Day and listen to Alan Hanson then they'd know how to stop Shrek if he plays :P

I don't usually trust Hansen. The guy was silly enough to walk into a lamppost for God's sake!

Besides, I know how to stop Rooney. Close him right down. Two men pressuring him from both angles. Pressure the whole team to cut off the supply, and bingo. :)

On a side note, how boring is MOTD these days? Hansen says something, Shearer agrees. Lineker asks a question, Hansen says something, Shearer says something else, Lineker agrees. Hansen asks a question, Hansen answers the question, Shearer and Lineker agree, Hansen smiles and nods.

And then there's MOTD 2. Lee Dixon makes very accurate assessments, Chiles sits in silence (like all WBA fans do away from home :P), Martin Keown makes a very boring assessment. The goals are shown from yesterday. Just the goals. Blink and you've missed it. No replays. If it's a goalless draw, you're mentioned in a breath and then it's time for Keown to be boring about things that Dixon would make seem more interesting, and then it's 2 Good 2 Bad and I'm asleep.

On a side note' date=' how boring is MOTD these days? Hansen says something, Shearer agrees. Lineker asks a question, Hansen says something, Shearer says something else, Lineker agrees. Hansen asks a question, Hansen answers the question, Shearer and Lineker agree, Hansen smiles and nods.

And then there's MOTD 2. Lee Dixon makes very accurate assessments, Chiles sits in silence (like all WBA fans do away from home :P), Martin Keown makes a very boring assessment. The goals are shown from yesterday. Just the goals. Blink and you've missed it. No replays. If it's a goalless draw, you're mentioned in a breath and then it's time for Keown to be boring about things that Dixon would make seem more interesting, and then it's 2 Good 2 Bad and I'm asleep.[/quote']

Hasn't MOTD always been like that though?

MOTD is a vast improvement on the Football League show. I can't wait to be back. Manish is not a good presenter and it gets worse when Leroy Rosenior is their all knowing pundit. It must be horrible supporting a League 2 team. You have to sit through an hour of mindless drivel for 30 seconds of highlights. :(

MOTD is a vast improvement on the Football League show. I can't wait to be back. Manish is not a good presenter and it gets worse when Leroy Rosenior is their all knowing pundit. It must be horrible supporting a League 2 team. You have to sit through an hour of mindless drivel for 30 seconds of highlights. :(

I don't think that Manish is that bad. Plus, how often is Leroy Rosenior on it? I've only ever seen Steve Claridge, who I always like.

If Bayern watch Match of the Day and listen to Alan Hanson then they'd know how to stop Shrek if he plays :P

Tie his laces together?

On a side note' date=' how boring is MOTD these days? Hansen says something, Shearer agrees. Lineker asks a question, Hansen says something, Shearer says something else, Lineker agrees. Hansen asks a question, Hansen answers the question, Shearer and Lineker agree, Hansen smiles and nods.

And then there's MOTD 2. Lee Dixon makes very accurate assessments, Chiles sits in silence (like all WBA fans do away from home :P), Martin Keown makes a very boring assessment. The goals are shown from yesterday. Just the goals. Blink and you've missed it. No replays. If it's a goalless draw, you're mentioned in a breath and then it's time for Keown to be boring about things that Dixon would make seem more interesting, and then it's 2 Good 2 Bad and I'm asleep.[/quote']

Final scores good, they always have a laugh come up with a joke but never show the goals from the Premier league and only sometimes show the managers shaking each others hands. Despite my hatred of Garth Crookes from time to time. I think Dan Walker is a good presenter on Football Focus.

I know Liam, and Late Kick off. I don't know about the other regions but the Midlands region is so boring from time to time.

At least Rosenior actually talks sense rather than the pap Claridge comes out with :o I've given up watching it anyway tbh, amount of stupid mistakes they make is unreal.. so far they've called us Yeovil in one game, said Ryan Taylor scored for us about 6 months before we actually signed him and thought our keeper was the Paul Jones who must be about 45 and retired years ago :confused:

Anywho back to the Champions League :P

Only ever seen Messi around 6-7 times before yesterday, most of them against English sides where he's been quiet, so to me Ronaldo has been the best in the world at this moment. But after yesterday, wow :) Think I'll start watching more Barca games now :o

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Not a Man Utd fan but great start and hope they make it. Great smack, keeper was rooted.

Make that two nil lol

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Come on Bayern!!!!!!

:eek: You don't want the Germans to win surely!!:confused: They bombed our chip shops :D

:eek: You don't want the Germans to win surely!!:confused: They bombed our chip shops :D

Anyone but United Dave.....,plus the fact I would like to see a smaller club(no offence Bayern fans) to get through as I am fed up of seeing Man Utd getting through and people bleating on about how great the english game is when it isnt,if Bayern can compose themselves there still in the tie,Butt is a shocking keeper though:rolleyes: