The Official !FIFA 09! Thread

173413-dvdcase.png

As you well know it's getting towards october which means once again the battle between Pro Evolution Soccer and Fifa begins.

I'm not here to talk about PES cause this is the FIFA thread. So...

Fifa 09 hits British stores a week on friday and from what I've seen so far it looks a fantastic buy.

From Wikipedia:

It has been stated in an interview with David Rutter, the Line Producer of the game, that there are over 250 improvements on the game.

Among the improvements in the new FIFA are improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots.

Another of the 09 edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power statistics depending on their body characteristics.

New goalkeeper technology with goalkeepers having better positioning, better reactions to saves and faster recovery after a save has been made.

33fL2pdHQwQ

Another improvement from FIFA 08 is the weather and time. Rain and snow can be switched on and off before games, which affects whether players wear gloves. Games can be played during daytime, night and dusk, however in the latest installment the game eventually turns to night as the second half starts.

Also, if a player is substituted during half time, then the player is seen warming up and running on to the pitch. However if a substitution is made during play, then the players are seen approaching each other. The score of the game has an effect on this, if a player has scored then he waves to the fans before being substituted, however some players react badly to being substituted. Captains have more of an effect in this team. The player is advised to choose a squad member who has good captain qualities, for example leadership.

FIFA 09 will also include a '10 vs. 10' Be A Pro online game and the offline Be A Pro Mode will only last for 4 seasons.

FIFA 09 will also feature user-controlled player celebrations, like in UEFA Euro 2008, for the first time.

Leagues featured:

Australia & New Zealand - A-League

Austria - Bundesliga

Brazil Campeonato Brasileiro - Série A

Belgium - Jupiler League

Czech Republic - Gambrinus liga

Denmark - Superliga

England - Barclays Premier League

England - The Football League

France - Ligue 1

Germany - Bundesliga

Ireland & Northern Ireland - FAI League of Ireland

Italy - Serie A

South Korea - K-League

Mexico - Primera División

Netherlands - Dutch Eredivisie

Norway - Tippeligaen

Poland - Ekstraklasa

Portugal - Liga Sagres

Scotland - Scottish Premier League

Spain Liga - BBVA

Spain Liga - Adelante

Swiss - Super League

Sweden - Allsvenskan

Turkey - Turkcell Süper Lig

American & Canadian - Major League Soccer.

KOnrUUmzBYw

Wii version

The Wii version of the game is titled FIFA 09 All-Play and will be launched under EA Sports' new All-Play brand exclusive to the platform. Even though the Wii will have the normal 11 vs 11 football match like the other consoles, a new feature will be introduced, called 'Footii Match', which is a 8 vs 8 football match. The object of this feature is to beat certain teams from around the world and unlock their 'superstar team captain'. This feature is only going to be on the Wii console. For the first time, on the Wii, FIFA '09 will include the manager mode found in the earlier PC versions of the game.

DS and PSP

The PlayStation Portable and DS versions will include a "Be-a-Pro" mode for the first time.

PS3 Version

The PS3 exclusive game mode is a built-in FIFA Interactive World Cup. This will enable gamers to track their progress & play games through the game rather than be so website reliant. It was also confirmed that FIFA 09 for the PS3 will be one of the upcoming games that supports rumble with the DualShock 3.

Release date(s):

NA October 14, 2008

EU October 3, 2008

AUS October 2, 2008

Re: The Official !FIFA 09! Thread

Pre-ordered.:) If you have xbox live and you haven't downloaded the demo I suggest you do so. So you can get used to the new mechanics and such like. You can play as AC Mila, Real Mardrid, Chelsea, FC Shalke and Toronto. The player ratings are still -10 or 11 compared to SM's ratings. So Kaka is 89, Ronaldhino 87, Flamani 82, but Gattuso us still 75 :S.

Already have it ordered.

But couldent of we stuck with the Xbox live thread for this game.

Or did you want to make a thread deadicated to this Sam?

I know how a forum works. What about the people who don't have Xbox Live such as myself? I'm not going to go on that thread cause of the title. It's just this time last year their was a debate on PES and FIFA so I made this thread dedicated to it.

I know how a forum works. What about the people who don't have Xbox Live such as myself? I'm not going to go on that thread cause of the title. It's just this time last year their was a debate on PES and FIFA so I made this thread dedicated to it.

Ok then.

Should be a cracking game. I just watched the FIFA 09 AD 4 minutes one = awesome.

I have the choice between two sports games at the moment, and they are Tiger Woods PGA tour 09 and Fifa 09. I will probably get one of them this weekend and the other for Christmas, although the Ryder Cup has gotten me in the golfing mood.

So i don't think i will be getting this until Christmas, will be looking for reviews once you all buy the game. ;):)

I have the choice between two sports games at the moment' date=' and they are Tiger Woods PGA tour 09 and Fifa 09. I will probably get one of them this weekend and the other for Christmas, although the Ryder Cup has gotten me in the golfing mood.

So i don't think i will be getting this until Christmas, will be looking for reviews once you all buy the game. ;):)[/quote']

PS3 magazine gave it 9 out of 10. Off PS3 mag thats good :)

Re: Fifa 09 Discussion Thread

I might get it once I get a 360' date=' been saving up for one for ages. The latest one I have is Fifa 07 for PS2. The annoying thing was that there was no updates, so I had to create players like Modric and Jo. Can anyone give me the lowdown on the leagues involved?[/quote']

If u are saving up for an Xbox 360, i would wait a bit, because there might be a package for Xbox including Fifa at Christmas or something.

If u are saving up for an Xbox 360' date=' i would wait a bit, because there might be a package for Xbox including Fifa at Christmas or something.[/quote']

Yeah I will do that.

To answer my own question, here are the leagues:

Australian A-League

Austrian Bundesliga

Belgium Pro League

Liga do Brasil

Česká Liga

SAS Ligaen

Barclays Premier League

Football League Championship

Football League One

Football League Two

Ligue 1

Ligue 2

Bundesliga

2. Bundesliga

FAI Eircom League

Serie A

Serie B

K-League

Primera División Mex

Eredivisie

Tippeligaen

Polska Liga

Liga Portuguesa

SPL

Liga BBVA

Liga Adelante

Allsvenskan

Axpo Super League

Turkcell Süper Lig

Major League Soccer

So basically, no improvement from 08. In Rest of World, there is:

AEK Athens

Boca Juniors

Corinthians

FC Lausanne

FC St.Gallen

Fortaleza

Juventude

Kaizer Chiefs

Olympiacos CFP

Orlando Pirates

Panathinaikos

PAOK

Paraná

Ponte Preta

River Plate

Sao Caetano

Servette FC

Zagłębie Lubin

Some new teams, and some teams who were in their own leagues now moved into RoW, such as St Gallen and Parana

And here are the nationals:

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Bulgaria

Cameroon

China PR

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Ecuador

England

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Italy

Korea Republic

Mexico

Netherlands

New Zealand

Northern Ireland

Norway

Paraguay

Poland

Portugal

Republic of Ireland

Romania

Russia

Scotland

Slovenia

South Africa

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

USA

Noticeable inclusions for me are Holland and the Czech Republic, who arent on 07.

How come's Robinho won't be at Man City?

If he pre-ordered it, it might be set up with the players where they were when he preordered it, so basically, the last day of the transfer window might not be on.

FIFA 07 had Ashley Cole at Arsenal even though when it was released, he was at Chelsea.

What baffles me is probably the biggest game of the year' date=' along with cod5 and they still havent made their 100% effort to get some of the upcoming and rising world leagues, such as Russian and [b']Mexican[/b].

So does this mean Arshavin and co wont be on the game :/

If you read the leagues, it clearly says Primera Division Mex :)

Have pre-ordered it for the XBOX360' date=' Robinho is not with City on it, but it can be changed. Arsenal will be quality as per :)[/quote']

Im getting it on Friday or Thursday via Pre-order, yes he is Ross, they will be a update on the release date or over the weekend updating the new transfers. ;)

EDIT: Stugde, Robinho was in the demo, just on the sub's-bench. :confused:

Here are some ratings i know:

5 Star

Brazil

Argentina

England

France

Germany

Italy

Portugal

Spain

4.5 Star