The Official !FIFA 09! Thread

Re: The Official !FIFA 09! Thread

I got this on PSP. I picked West Ham in manager mode and am in 4th at the moment. If I finish in the top 4 do I get to play in a Champions League of some sort or not?

Yeah you do mate its like the ECC or something..

Just traded in Fifa because I can't believe how easy and boring it gets..

I started a career with Newcastle last week and won both cups and finished 2nd with a **** team and beat teams like Man Utd 4-1 on Professional then I put it to world class and can barely get a shot on goal.

PES2009 has impressed me so far and I haven't a clue why Konami release a demo as its never anything like the game itself.

Become a legend ****** on be a pro.

Ordered it last night for PS2. Cbf to spill out hundreds on a PS3 tbh, and I've played it on PS2 with my mate, seems pretty good (or good enough to keep me happy anyway). Might get a PS3 for christmas, or next year as my only birthday present. :P

Apparently there's no CL or UEFA on this game, it's just going to be released later as a seperate game?

Yeah you do mate its like the ECC or something..

Just traded in Fifa because I can't believe how easy and boring it gets..

I started a career with Newcastle last week and won both cups and finished 2nd with a **** team and beat teams like Man Utd 4-1 on Professional then I put it to world class and can barely get a shot on goal.

PES2009 has impressed me so far and I haven't a clue why Konami release a demo as its never anything like the game itself.

Become a legend ****** on be a pro.

I hate that!:P I use to get so angry when I still played on semi-pro and tried moving up to professional.:o They should either make the difference more subtle or have more difficulty levels.

Here are some vids of goals Ive scored so far on FIFA 09

Rooney header + Ronaldo Rabona Cross!

Torres hits the bar but the goal stands

I cant post the actual vid as its not from Youtube, but the Rooney one is very good, Im particaularly impressed with the Rabona cross :D

I'll show you some more vids later.

PS. Just had my record defeat - Tottenham 0-10 Barcelona

Season 6 :eek:

My Bristol City:

Fabianski (93), Ramos (92), Messiba (90), Zapata (91), Dani Alves (91), Modric (91), Barry (85), Gago (90), Walcott (88), Balotelli (90), Messi (95).

2 Champs Leagues

1 UEFA Cup

2 Premiership

2 Carling Cup

Level: World Class/ Legendary (In FA Cup).

Season 6 :eek:

My Bristol City:

Fabianski (93)' date=' Ramos (92), Messiba (90), Zapata (91), Dani Alves (91), Modric (91), Barry (85), Gago (90), Walcott (88), Balotelli (90), Messi (95).[/center']

2 Champs Leagues

1 UEFA Cup

2 Premiership

2 Carling Cup

Level: World Class/ Legendary (In FA Cup).

Easy game or what?

Apparently there's no CL or UEFA on this game' date=' it's just going to be released later as a seperate game?[/quote']

konami have the CL licence for the next few years so its on pro evo - for some reason they didn't incorporate it into the master league mode though

Ok, finally got the game today (PS2). My opinions:

First off, I am disgraced that their is no Russian league. Fifa thought to add the Swiss, Czech, etc leagues, but not the Russian one which is the 6th best league in the world? You's think, after the CSKA and particularly Zenit's success in Europe, they'd add the Russian league?

Still no Greek league? They have Austrian, Swiss, Danish, etc, but the top Greek sides are only in ROW?

Very, very disappointed that there is no Jonny Howson. He was a regular for Leeds last season, yet he's not been added, when the likes of Ben Joyce (Swindon, played 1 game last season) have been added.

Very disappointed that Fabian Delph has been taken out, when he was in it last year. Shocker.

Still can't create players born under 1990 (well, not with their proper ***) , whatta joke.

On the bright side, a lot of the ratings are spot on, a few under-rated (Lampard, Deco, Walcott, Almunia, Carvalho - as good as Alex?, etc) and a few over-rated (Petrov 86?), but that always happens, and I'm happy with that.

Good to see that this year, Swindon's players are actually rated pretty well. Last year they were shocking low (in the 40's), this year they are mostly in the 60's. Cox 68? Delighted. :D

So on the ratings front, I'm happy. Few players missed out, and a few top leagues left out. Played one game on Be A Pro, found it harder than last year (although won 5-1), which is brilliant. Willl start a manager mode soon, as soon as Fabs Delph, Howson, and myself are all added, and Walcott is updated. ;)

Edit: That *** was D O B. Why is it filtered? :confused:

Ok' date=' finally got the game today (PS2). My opinions:

First off, I am disgraced that their is no Russian league. Fifa thought to add the Swiss, Czech, etc leagues, but not the Russian one which is the 6th best league in the world? You's think, after the CSKA and particularly Zenit's success in Europe, they'd add the Russian league?

Still no Greek league? They have Austrian, Swiss, Danish, etc, but the top Greek sides are only in ROW?

Very, very disappointed that there is no Jonny Howson. He was a regular for Leeds last season, yet he's not been added, when the likes of Ben Joyce (Swindon, played 1 game last season) have been added.

Very disappointed that Fabian Delph has been taken out, when he was in it last year. Shocker.

Still can't create players born under 1990 (well, not with their proper ***) , whatta joke.

On the bright side, a lot of the ratings are spot on, a few under-rated (Lampard, Deco, Walcott, Almunia, Carvalho - as good as Alex?, etc) and a few over-rated (Petrov 86?), but that always happens, and I'm happy with that.

Good to see that this year, Swindon's players are actually rated pretty well. Last year they were shocking low (in the 40's), this year they are mostly in the 60's. Cox 68? Delighted. :D

So on the ratings front, I'm happy. Few players missed out, and a few top leagues left out. Played one game on Be A Pro, found it harder than last year (although won 5-1), which is brilliant. Willl start a manager mode soon, as soon as Fabs Delph, Howson, and myself are all added, and Walcott is updated. ;)

Edit: That *** was D O B. Why is it filtered? :confused:[/quote']

Delph is on the 360 version, he's a RB and Telfer is a CM for some reason.

Anyone i know apart from Munt play FIFA 09 On PSP?

If so i'll batter you like i did to Munt online.

I beat Munt 5-1 :D

So yeah if you play on PSP I'm up for a game anytime :D

got a psp and will b getting Fifa 09 (probz) with some of my money after XMAS. Will tell you if i do ;)

Also, am getting Xbox 360 for XMAS, what do you fink of it people. Is 360 worth the money >>??

The only reason they're still even making ps2 games is because PS3 wasn't selling and no one wants to fork out more than double for 360' date=' to buy a PS3.[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars#United_States_sales_figures_2

http://news.idealo.co.uk/news/3590/ps3-sony-refuses-to-reduce-prices-before-christmas-despite-giant-sales-increases.html

around 17m ps3's sold, 22m x-box 360's sold (bearing in mind the 360 has been around for a year longer), sales of ps3's going up by 86% this last year so there are enough ps3's out there to make it viable (2.3m 360's to 1.4m ps3's in the uk) to phase out ps2 games - the 'problem' for sony is that there are 140m ps2's in the world (compared to 24m x-box originals), therefore there is still a high demand for ps2 games (and if you don't have a hi-def tv then there's no point in getting a 360/ps3) therefore developers are still making ps2 games, although sometimes it seems like they have barely made an effort apart from roster updates (e.g. pes6 -> pes2008)