Season 1 - Leeds Win The Cup!

Note: Since this, I went on to win Division 2 and get to the Cup final the next season, and complete the hat-trick by winning Division 1 the next season, and the Cup for a second time.

My proudest moment of SM.

:D

We, Leeds United, have just won the English Cup. :D Still Season 1 as well, squad not brilliant.

But lets go back to the beginning...

7th June - Luke Sefton is appointed Leeds United manager.

8th-12th June - Leeds have signed a number of oldies. Cafu (88), Arribage (86), Tikhonov (86), Gorshkov (86), Lehmann (90), Borimirov (86 - at time), Hakan (88), Figo (92). They also signed some quality youngsters, in Beck, Pique, Marin and Sunny, as well as a lot of youth players. Aliadiere and Pogatetz join on loan.

14th June - Leeds lost first game of season. Oh dear.

7th July - A month into the reign. Leeds sit 2nd behind Southampton in the table. A bye in the Cup, and now they play Walsall in the shield... and Lose 1-0.

14th July - Mosquera has risen to 85, and celebrates his debut with a goal in the 2-0 win over Chesterfield (in the cup). Pique scores the other.

28th July – A brace from Hugo (82), and goals from Mauricio (82) and Mosquera (85) give Leeds a comfortable 4-0 win over Ipswich. Leeds are in the 4th round.

11th August – Leeds make it 9 wins on the trot, and 13 unbeaten in all competions after beating Sheff Utd 4-0, courtesy of goals from Gorshkov, Mosquera, and a brace from Tikhonov.

25th August – Leeds make the Semis! Mosquera scores twice in a 2-1 win over Fulham. Leeds have now won 14 games on the trot, and sit comfortably top of the league.

6th September – Sefton finally realised that he needs to do something about his debt, and sells off a number of key players, but Pato joins on loan He is cup-tied though. This follows a 7-0 victory over Southend. 18 wins on the trot now.

8th September – Deac rises to 85. Oh, and in other news, Leeds are in the final! Lampard put West Ham ahead, but Hakan equalises with 9 minutes left, and Leeds win 5-4 on Penalties.

10th – 20th September – Major dealings at Elland Road. Borimirov, Howson, Huntington, Arribage, Mosquera, Caballero, Adrien Silva and Cafu all leave. Deac, Helder and Rieks set to follow. Figo is set to leave, but Leeds are waiting for the Cup Final. Leeds sit top of Div 3 by 16 points.

21st September – Leeds bring in Pitroipa (85), Wellington (83), N’Gog (82), Lemoine (82), Fayzulin (87), Granero (87), Aissati (87), Shawcross (84), Ninkovic (84) and Rever (83) all join in time for the final.

22nd September – The Big Day!

Leeds line up with a 3-5-2. Lehmann (90), Beck (85), Pogatetz (87), Shawcross (84), Marin (87), Figo (92), Aissati (87), Granero (87), Pique (87), Wellington (83) and Hakan (88) all start. Only 3 oldies there. Douglas (83), Fayzulin, Ninkovic,Aliadiere and Hugo on the bench.

Tottenham line up with a 3-4-1-2. Coupet (92), Capdevila (92), Chimbonda (89), Lucio (94), Robben (91), Camoranesi (93), Simao (93), Xavi (96), Veron (92), Di Natale (93), Palermo (90).

As you can see, big gulf in the teams.

And then…

10: GOAL!! - Luis WELLINGTON caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

14: GOAL!! - Luis WELLINGTON shoots from an acute angle and the ball is deflected into the goal!

22: GOAL!! - A cross from the right is headed home by Sükür HAKAN !

Half Time: Leeds 3-0 Tottenham

61: GOAL!! - A right foot curling shot from outside the area by Joan CAPDEVILA glides just inside the far post! What a sublime finish!

But Leeds hold on! Leeds 3-1 Tottenham, and Leeds have stunned the world!

Figo is now leaving, so once he’s gone, and I sign the rest of the players, this will be my squad:

G Lehmann 90

LB Pogatetz 87 (Loan)

LB Boenisch 85

RB Beck 85

RB Douglas 83

CB Pique 87

CB Shawcross 84

CB Rever 83

CB Howedes 82

LM Marin 87

LM Ninkovic 84

W Pitroipa 85

W Ayew 82

DM Sunny 86

CM Aissati 87

CM Granero 87

CM Aliev 83

CM Lemoine 82

CM Carioca 80

AM Fayzulin 87

F Pato 89 (Loan)

F Aliadiere 87 (Loan)

F Wellington 83

CF Hakan 88

CF Hugo 82

CF N’Gog 82

Looking at getting an 85+ F, 86+ CF, and 83+ LB now.

Oh, and some Proof. :)

smwearethecupwinnersuk9.png

PS. Sorry, just a bit excited. Not a bad acheivement - winning the cup with a Div 3 team. :D

Re: Season 1 - Leeds Win The Cup!

This is incredibly similar to my season.

I joined a friend's setup, at the end of the second season, and Leeds were the only Championship team available (they were promoted in season 1 and my friend was Coventry). They were 16th when I joined, and I finished 15th from three games.

I rebuilt the squad for the third season, and stayed in the playoffs for almost the whole season, and somehow reached the Cup final against Tottenham (like you Seftinho :eek:).

I had lost to Tottenham in the Shield with a full strength team earlier on in the season, and decided to concentrate on the league, and play my youth team instead. Although I was in the lead twice, I drew 2-2 and lost on penalties.

So some similarities there Seftinho, except you won and I lost :o

EDIT:

Haha, forgot to mention: Well done. :D

Delighted for you Luke mate :)

I can tell you now that managing in Division 3 or 4 is a lot lot lot harder than it used to be due to chairman values and stuff and I some how got my scruffy Hull promoted and it was the hardest thing in ages on SM i've done :rolleyes: anyway very good achievement and i'd rep you for it if i could (needs spreading :()

• 2 months later...

13 turns into the new season, and we're top of Div 2, level on points with two other clubs.

Went out on pens to Bournemouth in the shield (forgot to submit :o), but in the cup Leeds are once again unbeatable. :D Can they successfully defend the cup?

smleedscwbtcheslkyeo0.png

My current first team:

GK Rui Patricio 20/87

LB Bale 19/87

LB Boenisch 21/85

RB Gunter 19/85

RB Douglas 20/83

CB Pique 21/88

CB Marcano 21/84

LM Marin 19/87

LM Ninkovic 23/87

RM Noboa 23/87 (CM/RM)

W Sinclair 19/85

DM Isla 20/86

CM Lemoine 21/86

CM Glushakov 21/85

CM Bertolo 22/83 (CM/RM)

CM Jean 22/83

AM Fayzulin 22/88

AM Dzagoev 18/87

F Helmes 24/87

F Gutierrez 23/84

CF Hoarau 24/87

CF Ibisevic 24/85

Around 40-50 risers from South America in my team as well. Pitroipa out on loan, debating whether to sell. Currently £8m in the bank.

Also, I went an astonishing 40 games unbeaten in the league last year. :eek:

sm40gamerunyg6.png

• 1 month later...

Could we defend it? :eek:

We just beat Sheffield Wednesday in the semis to set up a final with Middlesbrough! :D

More money! :D

Round 1: 17/11 Leeds 2-1 Tranmere

Round 2: 01/12 Leeds 3-1 Preston

Round 3: 15/12 Chelsea 1-3 Leeds

Round 4: 29/12 Leeds 6-0 Darlington

Quarters: 12/01 Leeds 5-0 Birmingham

Semis 26/01 Leeds (2) 1-1 (0) Sheff Wed

Final: 09/02 Middlesbrough v Leeds

Stay tuned..

We are also top of Div 2, 3 points clear, currently on a 14 game unbeaten run. 13 games to go.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Lost 4-2 in the end. Forgot to rest my first teamers so I had my second string playing their first.

But to win the cup one season and reach the final in the second with Leeds isn't too bad. :D

Plus, the money's good.

Also, the commentary and stats don't add up. We had 7 shots with just 2 on target, yet...

2: A thunderous header from close range is parried by Brad FRIEDEL

22: Brad FRIEDEL produces a solid save to prevent what would have been a wonderful goal

30: Brad FRIEDEL dives to his right and palms away a powerful effort

49: GOAL!! - The short corner is picked up by Lucas VIATRI who curls it round the unsighted keeper!

76: GOAL!! - A right foot curling shot from outside the area by Milos NINKOVIC glides just inside the far post! What a sublime finish!

80: Brad FRIEDEL tips it onto the bar

I count 6 shots on target right there... :confused:

Lost 4-2 in the end. Forgot to rest my first teamers so I had my second string playing their first.

But to win the cup one season and reach the final in the second with Leeds isn't too bad. :D

Plus' date=' the money's good.

Also, the commentary and stats don't add up. We had 7 shots with just 2 on target, yet...

2: A thunderous header from close range is parried by Brad FRIEDEL

22: Brad FRIEDEL produces a solid save to prevent what would have been a wonderful goal

30: Brad FRIEDEL dives to his right and palms away a powerful effort

49: GOAL!! - The short corner is picked up by Lucas VIATRI who curls it round the unsighted keeper!

76: GOAL!! - A right foot curling shot from outside the area by Milos NINKOVIC glides just inside the far post! What a sublime finish!

80: Brad FRIEDEL tips it onto the bar

I count 6 shots on target right there... :confused:[/quote']

Unlucky Seft. Which setup is this in?

You could do with bringing the shots on target issue up with Ste to be honest, it seems like a bug to me.

I don't want to dissapoint you but yesterday with a Bradford City in first season , with many youngsters but some oldies too , I won my second trophy :)

I won both Shield and Cup and now I'm going after the treble , I'm second in Div 4 at one point from the first team ...

Soon I will start a thread but I want to calm a little because I'm too excited and I don't want to make some wrong investition with all the 12 M I have after this final :D

But still , I think that winning a cup with Leeds it's a good achievement too , congratulations;)

• 5 months later...

Nice one mate, iv got a Forrest won every league up to division 1, won the cup once and runner up twice lol. This season is gonna be my div 1 winning season.

Can you post your team, and congratulations on a epic achievements

Not sure how good the other teams are but the Arsenal and United in my league are epic lol

Nice one mate' date=' iv got a Forrest won every league up to division 1, won the cup once and runner up twice lol. This season is gonna be my div 1 winning season.

Can you post your team, and congratulations on a epic achievements

Not sure how good the other teams are but the Arsenal and United in my league are epic lol[/quote']

Thanks.

And nice one - sounds very similar to mine. For some reason I can only do well in the Cup. In the Shield, I've gone out first round, third round, and this year the Semis.

As for the other teams - Man United and Liverpool are pretty much the same teams as before, with the odd 94+ player extra, Chelsea are one of those teams who have 11 95+ players and that's it. No idea about Arsenal, but considering they are bottom, doesn't suggest that they're that well run.

My first team:

smleedsteam.png

Thats a nice leeds squad' date=' Seen some better which makes your achievement even bigger :eek::P

My Forrest have no excuse now lol.[/quote']

Lol ye, I prefer to buy players who I think will rise, rather than just players who will stay 93 forever (for example).

Haha, what's your team like?

Lol ye' date=' I prefer to buy players who I think will rise, rather than just players who will stay 93 forever (for example).

Haha, what's your team like?[/quote']

I dont want this to go onto my team. So can nobody other than seft comment lol.

Ill do my main players got a load of youth. 100+

GK: Cassilas, Asenjo, Neuer

D: Chiellini, Chivu, Westerman, Gamberini, Godin, Pique, Marcellis, Santacroce, Gonzalo Rodriguez and Zapata ( Sakho, Forlin and Howedes also )

M: Mata, Trochowski, Marin, Ozil, DZAGOEV, giovonco, capel, misimovic, gourcuff, montolivo, muntari, mikel, carrick, busquets,

F: Gilardino, Amauri, Pato, Higuain, Bojan, Dzeko, Zarate, Demebele

Few of them out on loan. Heres the link to my profile to view the rest, i still cant believe you won each division in a row lol, i can understand div 3/2 but one lol.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=47057&clubid=2854019&sid=5873

if i dont win div 1 this season, im coming for tips :D

WOW Luke, a nice team you got there and congrats on winning the cup and getting promoted.

Im not sure, you will want me to post this in here but ill show you a Leeds team i took over after 6 games played in the league.

I really enjoy this team, its been a good few months ive had them :D

im going to post a few screenies of the team, currently i am still working on the first team to make it bigger and better.

1st screenie, the start of the league....and 16th May my first game.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS2.png

2nd screenie, continuing the league fixtures from the first page

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS3.png

3rd screenie, carrying on from the 2nd page, as you can see i still have some games left...including a Cup Final!

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS4.png

4th screenie, Leeds United first team.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/Leeds.png

5th screenie, my very big youth team, all of the players bar 4 was at the club when i joined

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS5.png

6th screenie, the Division 3 league table, currently up to date!

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS6.png

The final screenie, is my history at the club, in a red box!

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/BowenBoii/LEEDS7.png

Hope you enjoy looking at the screenies :)

What I'd like to know is how 88543 people fitted into a 40242 seater stadium. :)

But in one season that's a good effort' date=' so well done. :)[/quote']

Wembley for the cup finals. ;)

And bloomin' 'eck Adam!

And btw, to anyone reading, I've gone a long way since winning Div 3 and the cup. See the bottom of Pg1.