Scottish Rating Changes

-ChrisBenton-

Re: Scottish Rating Changes

Just a note regarding the most recent posts ...

Celtic/Rangers banter is often the kiss of death to valuable threads like this. If you want to throw darts at each other because of which team you support, take it some where else. There is a lack of quality SPL discussions in the forums because of this very thing.

Please keep the posts constructive and informative. I am not a moderator, just a participant and an observer who would dearly love to get people's insights and feedback on Scottish players ...

Thanks gentlemen !

Your first sentence makes your very elaborate and pretty post void. Boruc...Consistant? Don't make me laugh!

Why would i want to hide my username? I'm far from ashamed of being a Rangers supporter' date=' atleast i tried to keep an open mind about it.

I suppose you would argue with Neil Alexander and Kyle Laffertys hopeful rises aswell?[/quote']

Lafferty >> 84, but Alexander to stay at the moment.

McGregor missed the end of last season through injury has had an appaling start to the season (even been dropped) and you want him to rise?

He isnt a patch on Craig Gordon and its laughable to say that Gordon should be dropped from the national team for him.

Boyd cant hold down a regular slot at Rangers and isnt anywhere near a regular slot for Scotland so doesnt deserve a rise.

McDonald cant get a game for Celtic due to Samaras so doesnt deserve a rise either.

Before you start claiming bias Im a Killie fan so hate both clubs ;)

Lafferty >> 84' date=' but Alexander to stay at the moment.[/quote']

I think signing Alexander would be a good thing now, considering Walter Smith has dropped McGregor due to his 'Lack of focus'. If Alexander is the first choice keeper come the end of the season i can see a rise of +3/4.

I'd also like to apologise for the shady comments from before.

I'm also hoping Steven Fletcher may rise to 88 in the coming changes, the boy deserves it.

let's just settle it by giving all the keepers concerned, Gordon, Mcgregor and Banuc a 97, making them the best in the world :P. There we go.

What do people think it going to happen to Barry Ferguson? He lead rangers to many things last season, but is injured now isn't he? will he stay at 91? please no celtic v rangers debate on this. I just want an even comparison on him, compared to the likes of Carrick.

Cheers

Yes Barry Ferguson has been injured..And has been excluded so far due to this. I think he might get put down to 90 for this...as it was quite a long term injury...but Im certain when he comes back he will be as good as ever..:D

Because he is a great player! Nearly all my Celtic-Fan friends agree with me (Except from the immature ones that think every Rangers player is bad, and all Celtic players are "World-Class" lol ;))

But setting that aside Ferguson is worthy of keeping his 91 in the long term

Now comparing Ferguson to Carrick, I think they play with a very similar style..although i dont know Carrick inside out like i do Ferguson...but ive seen him many times..playing with Spurs and Man U. He likes to hold it up and feed through to strikers etc. I would say they are probably equal on ability, apart from the fact that Carrick can ping the ball when he sees a chance, Ferguson isnt that good a shooter, so 99% of the time brings it down and creates chances.

To back up my case slightly on Kris Boyd...he scored a screamer tonight against Partick Thistle in our tight squeeze through.

As I was watching...i noticed a Rangers player ive totally forgot to mention about in this thread...Pedro Mendes...

What can I say, has been magnificent for Rangers since joining, been great cover for Ferguson...scored a sublime finish tonight alongside Boyds goal to beat Partick 2-1 in extra time. Mendes should deffinately get a rise...as hes only Rating: 88. He has won August Player of the Month....If you want to read more about it on the BBC site Click Here

So I think Mendes should get a deffo rise...to 89 or 90.

Feedback? :)

Pedro Mendes is probably THE most gifted player in the SPL just now. His reading of the game, ability to pick a pass from anywhere seperates him from the rest. Quite simply, he's far too good for Rangers.

His goal tonight was taken superbly. Not as good as Boyd's right enough. his ability to get into the space is remarkable. I think he should rise straight to a 90. At least an 89. 90 by the end of the season, certainty.

Another few players.

Kirk Broadfoot

When signed from St Mirren, he knew just as much as the fans that he was just a squad player. After Hutton's sale in January, and Rangers' inability to find a replacement gave Whittaker and Broadfoot the chance to battle for the RB Jersey.

Often ridiculed, and the target of abuse last season he has been a revellation this year. Our joint most coinsistent performer (along with Mendes). He was bombing up and down that touchline tonight like there was no tomorrow. I thought he was playing as a RM at one point. He's turned into a cult hero at Ibrox and I'm more than happy when he's read out on the teamsheet these days.

I think and 88 rating is perfect for him. It'll show the leaps and bounds he's came on recently. First choice RB now.

Sasa Papac

Signed as a CB from Austria Magna I think when PLG was in charge. Being the only left-footed player in the squad he was shifted to LB for a few games. In these games, he sealed his place as the LB and has consistently performed at a high level including keeping Messi in his back pocket at Ibrox last year ;).

I think he deserves a rating of 89 to reflect his consistency and ability.

Quick wee bit on other players now.

Bougherra, rated 83 >>> 85/86.

Thomson, rated 88 >>> 89.

Ferguson, rated 91 <<< 90

Lafferty, rated 83 >>> 84/85

McGregor, rated 89 >>> 90

Alexander, rated 83 >>> 84/85

JCD, rated 88 <<< 87/86

Boyd doesn't deserve a 90. He's the most lazy, useless striker ever born. If he didn't have such a good scoring record, he's be playing for Elgin.

nice info...i stated the Kirk Broadfoot in my first post..but anyways.

The fact that Boyd is lazy is practically irrelevant...because what is he paid to to do?..can any1 tell me?

"Score Goals?"

Yes ovcourse and thats what Kris Boyd does alot... he showed that tonight with an absolute screamer :P

Garry Wood - ICT

had a postional change but no ratings increase. How can this be. He is still rated 67, yet he is playing is SPL. Last season he played 24 times for montrose scoring 7 goals (according to Guardian stats). I know montrose is a poor team but its top rating is 75 with a couple of 70s. Surely his form at Montrose is worthy of an increase from 67, let alone his one start and 2 subs for ICT.

I'll never understand these SM Ratings changes. John Fleck has 1 appearance for Rangers (last year - nothing this year) but he gets an increase of 5. So it would appear that one appearance counts, so why does not one appearance for ICT get an increase from 67

Thought Id Bump This Thread By Talking About Pedro Mendes And How He Should Get At Least a 2+ Raise in Rating

Since Pedro Mendes has come to Rangers...he has been outstanding, his overall ability is just such a great thing to have at Rangers football club.

He has Scored 2 goals for Rangers since coming to Rangers, both great finishes. His first against Celtic, in their 4-2 beating (:P).

It was a thunderous strike that left Boruc helpless.

His 2nd one was against Partick Thistle earlier this week.

Extra-Time...Rangers were being outplayed since the first half...great wee pass from Beasley...outside right foot in top bag...sublime finish.

More to the point...Mendes has also won Player of the Month already, in August. I personally think hes the best midfielder in Scottish football at the moment (IMO). Yet he is rated 88 when theres players like Scott Brown at rating 89. A certain raise for Mendes?

Feedback please ;)

I agree that he is deserving of a higher rating,,but you have to consider he has only played in 5 games for gers,, so I doubt they will put him straight to 90 just yet. He featured in 18 games for the whole of last yr for pompy (never scoring),,people will say he is scoring up here due to the quality of the lg. Add to that No euro footie this season as well,,, i think he has the potential to get 90 later,,,but if he go up at all it will be to 89 this time i bet.

I agree that he is deserving of a higher rating' date=',but you have to consider he has only played in 5 games for gers,, so I doubt they will put him straight to 90 just yet. He featured in 18 games for the whole of last yr for pompy (never scoring),,people will say he is scoring up here due to the quality of the lg. Add to that No euro footie this season as well,,, i think he has the potential to get 90 later,,,but if he go up at all it will be to 89 this time i bet.[/quote']

Yeah id settle for 89..its better than 88..

I signed Mendes yesterday because someone said he's playing good in SPL like, looking for a quick profit because i got him for chairman, so if he goes up 1 or 2 should make a sneaky couple of mil on him ;).

Also couple of minnow risers -

Craig Bryson Kilmarnock - 21-80 > 84/85. Started all 6 games so far, and played last 5 / 6 last season.

Connor Sammon Kilmarnock - 20-76 > 79/80. Got a transfer into a bigger team, Kilmarnock, and has played regurarly at the start of the season. Yet to score, so won't get a massive increase, but one for the next rating changes as well me thinks.

I signed Mendes yesterday because someone said he's playing good in SPL like' date=' looking for a quick profit because i got him for chairman, so if he goes up 1 or 2 should make a sneaky couple of mil on him ;).

Also couple of minnow risers -

Craig Bryson Kilmarnock - 21-80 > 84/85. Started all 6 games so far, and played last 5 / 6 last season.

Connor Sammon Kilmarnock - 20-76 > 79/80. Got a transfer into a bigger team, Kilmarnock, and has played regurarly at the start of the season. Yet to score, so won't get a massive increase, but one for the next rating changes as well me thinks.[/quote']

Just to fix your information...Sammon scored 2 earlier this week in Kilmarnocks 4-2 victory over Aberdeen in the Co-Operative Insurance Cup..;)