Iván Marcano

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Report as of September 08) Iván Marcano is a CB for Spanish Club Racing Santander. He was born on the 23rd June 1987, making him 21 years old. The young defender has been on brink of Racing team for

Re: Iván Marcano - Young Spanish Regular Featured again for Santander in the weekend. Looks set for a good rise.

Re: Iván Marcano - 77 -> 82 -> 87 Vodafone... life is now! Marcano... get him now! How silly I am

Re: Iván Marcano - 77 -> 87 by EoS (Now 84)

Marcano has still started every league game this season' date=' but Santander are struggling. They haven't won in 4 games now, although they haven't lost in 3 either after drawing their last 3 games (all 1-1). They sit 14th in La Liga, and Marcano also has 2 goals to his name. He has 5 UEFA Cup starts from a possible 6, after missing the first game, although Santander are now out of the competition, despite beating Man City 3-1.

Rise to 87 is still very much on the cards.[/quote']

Marcano has been their most impressive defender, moreso than players such as Garay and Sergio.

His form is better than his stats..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

I've managed to sign him for my Genoa in GC 45.

Looks like a real solid defender.

With his stats, an 87/88 is on the cards I think.

Should he start every game this season (which he still can) would he be able to reach 89/90?

I really hope he can produce the same quality game as he is doing now and maybe a move to a bigger club, like Garay did, is possible.

Great find!

I've managed to sign him for my Genoa in GC 45.

Looks like a real solid defender.

With his stats' date=' an 87/88 is on the cards I think.

Should he start every game this season (which he still can) would he be able to reach 89/90?

I really hope he can produce the same quality game as he is doing now and maybe a move to a bigger club, like Garay did, is possible.

Great find![/quote']

Garay got his rise quise quite quickly, 88 isn't out of the question, as IMO Marcano has been almost as good as Garay was in his first season.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another full game again tonight. They're 2-0 up after 75 mins. Is 88 beginning to look likely?

Was going to watch this match but my family are watching some boring @ss program.

Considering the Spanish changes should be around the end of the year, 88 is possible, although I think Racing would have to get a top-half finish.

87 seems most likely, but 88 is definitely possible, presuming he is performing as well as he was.

They won the Match 2-0 with 10 men :)

And I didn't know this but they have the best defensive record in the League!

Barcelona and Sevilla have better defensive records :)

I didnt watch the game but ill see the highlights on Revista de Liga. Hope he can get 88

Guest King Kolo

Barcelona and Sevilla have better defensive records :)

I didnt watch the game but ill see the highlights on Revista de Liga. Hope he can get 88

Just because they've let in more goals does not mean they have the weaker defencesive record ;)

Think it's about time I posted an update on this guy.

I last posted after 3 straight draws. Amidst that Racing also beat Man City 3-1, but still went out of Europe (a blow to Marcano).

Results since (Marcano's minutes):

Valladolid 0-1 Santander (90 minutes)

Santander 1-1 Recreativo (90 minutes)

Getafe 0-1 Santander (90 minutes)

Sevilla 0-2 Santander (90 minutes)

Santander 1-2 Barcelona (90 minutes)

So as you can see, he's played every minute since then.

Season stats:

He has started every single game in the league (21 so far) - the only player to do so for Racing.

He has 1863 minutes in the league - the highest in the team.

After the GK Tono (1825 minutes) the next player hass 1519 minutes (Lacen). So him and Tono have the more than 300 minutes over the next player.

The normal line-up seems to be:

Pinillos - Garay - Navas - Marcano

But with Garay currently injured, Marcano sometimes plays LB when Oriol fits on or switches to CB with Sepsi filling in at LB.

Also, as mentioned earlier. Racing Santander have the 3rd best defensive record in La Liga.

For anyone interested, he has only missed 65 minutes all season, when he came off to an early injury against Sporting Gijon. He has been booked just 4 times, never sent off, and has 2 goals and 2 assists this season.

Due to all of the above, I predict a +4 to 88, providing he continues to play up til the ratings (and the only reason he wouldn't is injury).

As for positional, either stay at CB/LB or switch to LB/CB.

I would like an opinion from Insider or Realx7madrid, or someone else who watches Spanish football regularly to how well he is playing?

He was also linked to German table-toppers TSG Hoffenheim in January, but thankfully nothing happened. I feel a move to Germany would be a step down for Marcano, even if they top the German league, La Liga is a much stronger league and SM-wise it would be better for him to stay in Spain.

Guest Abdel Zizi

He will almost certainly move to SEVILLA in the summer.

An article from tribal explaines:

Sevilla set to land Racing Santander defender Marcano

13.02.09 | tribalfootball.com

Sevilla are set to clinch the end-of-season signing of Racing Santander defender Ivan Marcano.

The youngster was also being chased by Atletico Madrid and Hoffenheim, but it emerged yesterday that Sevilla have settled terms with Racing.

Marcano is expected to move to Sevilla at the end of the current campaign.

He will almost certainly move to SEVILLA in the summer.

An article from tribal explaines:

Sevilla set to land Racing Santander defender Marcano

13.02.09 | tribalfootball.com

Sevilla are set to clinch the end-of-season signing of Racing Santander defender Ivan Marcano.

The youngster was also being chased by Atletico Madrid and Hoffenheim' date=' but it emerged yesterday that Sevilla have settled terms with Racing.

Marcano is expected to move to Sevilla at the end of the current campaign.[/quote']

That's great news if it's true, but to be honest, I don't trust Tribalfootball.

I hav ivan in a couple ofmy teams wen i bought hm for 77rating. I got leicester and hes avaibale at 3.5mil and u predict a rise to 87/88. He also played in all la liga games so hes a must buy and i can then keep hm inmy other teams

• 3 weeks later...

Since the Barca match:

Real Madrid 1-0 Santander (90 minutes)

Santander 1-1 Villareal (90 minutes)

Mallorca 1-0 Santander (45 minutes - subbed off)

Santander 1-1 Osasuna (90 minutes)

Deportivo 5-3 Santander (90 minutes)

Santander are 12th.

Has still started every game. Santander have been out-of-form of late, and conceding 5 to Deportivo (after leading 2-1 at half-time!) has really hit their defensive stats. 6th best in the league (Osasuna are 18th but have 4th best :eek:) Got a knock in the Mallorca match, but returned for the Osasuna clash.

2282 minutes, only 8 minutes behind the keeper Tono who has the highest in the team. 350 minutes more than Lacen (3rd highest).

I doubt he'll hit 88, but he's a firm 87 for now.

• 3 weeks later...