Experience

I know SM is bout real life ratings, and that a lot of people will really hate this idea. But i would like to see some sort of player experience incorporated into SM seeing as Internationals has been added. This could be either setup experience or international experience.

It obviously wouldn't be on the same scale as real ratings, but offer another thing to take into account when buying players. Something like every match the player plays and gets rating of 8 or more. He gets 1 experience point. Now that could be either only international games, or every game.

This may make people play younger players so that they can get more experience, and therefore play better when they get older. And i may change the international selection. e.g Although David Beckham is better rating than Aaron Lennon, The manager might choose Lennon instead, so he can get experience and be better later on in his carrier.

Re: Experience

NICE Idea .... I like it a lot

It will make Loaning young players to the lower sides more often when the big teams realy wants there players to play ( for now if i have no wages prob I will not give my players a loan cuz they may be injured when i want them ) but like this it will make the game more eciting

this exeperince will not change the rating of a particular player

but it should be like ( Morale + fitness & stuff ) that give the players a littile buff

But that takes away a lot of the game o.o

At the moment when it comes to youth players to you sign players that are will become better in the future.

With this you could sign any youth player and use experience to make them good.

not really. It woulnd't make that much of a difference. You would still need to be good at scouting, because an 85 player with 90 expirence isn't going to be better than an 88 with 0 expirence.

But say an 85 player that has played matchs for loads of seasons and an 86 that hasn't played at all shouldn't really be better. I know u are going to say that it is real life ratings, burt i think SM should also make a difference.

Because now, Plesis of Liverpool, rated 75. You wouldn't pay him in a liverpool team on Sm, even if he went up to 86, which is very very unlikely. But Rafa is playing him, and he is doing a fine job. And i think that is where expirence is good. It lets managers choose players that arn't really good enough to play, but if they stick with the player, they would get better.

And no, you shouldn't be able to pick any young 76 rated player and keep playing him, and he become as good as an 85 rated player just because he has played alot of matchs. But i think that playing players should impact on how good they are, and so that the ratings and experience run alongside each other to determine how good a player is

Yeah. Something like after every match a player gets a certain amount of experience points depending on how he plays.

Rating 0-7 = 0 points

Rating 8 = 1 point

Rating 9 = 2 points

Rating 10 = 3 points.

Then, after a certain amount of points, e.g 100. A player gets an extra 0.1 onto his rating. So, say if a player plays all League games in a season. 38 - he could get a maximum of 114. taking his rating up 0.1. Obviously he won't get a rating of 10 every match though.

The only problem is, will it be too easy to get the points. SM would need to experiment and see what the numbers would be. they may say after 120 points or something. What do people think?

nah u cant start messing round with players ratings.

the ratings are to represent real life ability.

I think if they were to add experience it could affect how well they perform as Captain or something.

for example if u play a guy with no experience, as captain he could feel too much pressure and play bad but if they are well experienced they will relish the responsability and play better

nah u cant start messing round with players ratings.

the ratings are to represent real life ability.

I think if they were to add experience it could affect how well they perform as Captain or something.

for example if u play a guy with no experience' date=' as captain he could feel too much pressure and play bad[/b'] but if they are well experienced they will relish the responsability and play better

Yeah, or he might step up to the challenge and play better, it depends entirly on the person.

I can't c how. Real life ratings would still play a major role. A player would have to play like over 50 games before going up 0.1. And then, their real ratings could till go down. It is still the same as now, but you get something back for playing youth players. To go up 1 better, you would need 1000 experience points, now, if you got three points for a rating of 10 in the match you would need to play 334 games. So how does that defeat the object. It just rewards people a bit for sticking with their players.

If you don't make the system worth slightly more then it's basically pointless.

If it takes a season to go up a tenth of a point (.1) then it would take ten seasons to go up 1 whole point. That's worthless.

A better option would be to say that a player gains 1 experience based rating point for each 100 experience points they gain using the game rating system of 10=3, 9=2, 8=1 and maybe 7=.5(if you only give experience for exceptional performances...well then this system is entirely pointless as it will only come into effect after a couple years in real life per player...and that's just silly).

That way if a player played in 38 games in a year and got a game rating of 9 in each of them (yeah right) they'd have to play one and a half seasons this way just to gain 1 rating point. If they averaged an 8 in all their games it would still take them 3 seasons to go up 1 rating point.

I think this would be an excellent system.

You could also limit the amount of experience based ratings points they can gain. For example, anyone 25 and under can never have more than 3 experience based rating points. So a player rated 86 could not go higher than 89 until they reached the age of 26. Then you could say anyone 26 and up couldn't have more than 5 experience based ratings points.

I think this would be a great system because honestly, right now SM is not a real football management game, it's a numbers crunching game.

The best example is the Beckham vs. Aaron Lennon argument. There is no reason right now to play Lennon over Beckham...that makes the International Setups kind of pointless and mostly about who has the best stats.

Another interesting thing would be to apply negative experience points. Each 3 games that a player goes without playing they lose 1 experience point. Each negative 100 points a player has he gets -1 ratings point (with the same max of 3 and 5 for different ages)

This would do two things:

1) keep the system from getting out of hand. It would take 2 games at a rating of 7 to counteract 3 games out of the squad (being on the bench should result in no gain or loss of points)

2) It will force managers that hold on to tons of youngsters to actually share them around the world. i.e. it makes it more realistic. When was the last time that a large club had 100+ players on its youth squad without those players wanting to move on? With this system in place it will be worth your while to loan out a player. Right now there is absolutely no benefit or motivation for a manager to loan out players except to keep their wage bill down.

Ok...I just typed alot. Thoughts?

The main idea of experience is to make people play youths instead, and also for people to get something our of there team if they play well. On your first point, having to take take 10 season to go up 1, yeah, maybe is a bit long, but you play 2 and a bit seasons in a year, so it would take about 4 years real time to get 1. Maybe if they changed it so if you scored or got a clean sheet you would get another 1/2. and if you where MOM you would get 5 points.

It really need to be something that doesn't make every player go up at the same rate, a 30 year old going the same as a 20 year old, as there is no point.

And the negative experience is an OK idea, because as you said, it should stop people holding millions of player. but should possible only happen. But i don't think it should effect youths as much as older players.

Overall, i think if SM can get the right balance it think it would make SM alot more strategical and interesting. also, more realistic. For example. My first every season on Sm i had a striker rated 89, and he scored like over 30 goals in the season. But when i got promoted, he went down to 87 and then rarely played. Would that happen in real life?

I think the biggest key to making SM more of a game and less of a numbers-crunching experience is to make it a nice balance between real life and it's own world.

A great example for anyone that played it would be Counter-Strike the video game. The biggest reason that game was so huge (one of the most played games of all time) was that it balanced realism with fantasy. It brought in players from both folds.

I think SM really needs to be based off of real life, but then have little small things within each setup that keep things fresh and interesting.

Personally, I think it would be great if I controlled the same team in two different setups, and kept the same players in those two setups, and the teams were slightly different after a few years.

I WANT to see the things that I do affecting my players. I don't just want it to be about what they do in real life all the time.