Defensive Midfielders

Rik

Hey, would like some thoughts on who to buy for my DMs.

I'm currently in an EC Div 3 but due to get promoted soon. I play 4-2-3-1 and my DMs are both 88 rated but knocking on a bit, so I'd like to bring in some medium-long term replacements who should rise soon.

At the moment I'm torn between

Mehmet Topal (Galatasaray) £5.9m (chairman value) 87 rated - played well in Euros but according to espn isn't playing much this season.

Michael Johnson (Man City) £7.3m 87 - surely due to rise soon

Denilson (Arsenal) £7.3m 87 - will probably go up 1/2 at most

Any other names would be useful too, I'm prepared to spend up to £10m (but they've got to be good to warrant that)

Cheers,

Rik

Re: Defensive Midfielders

Ottl of Bayern Munich is 88, he plays quite regular for them too, but most people seem to think he is not that good.

Huddlestone of Tottenham, is 87 and doing good for England U21 and plays regular for spurs

Stephen Sunday Sunny from Osasuna is 86 and only 20 and looks very good most of the time, and has a funny name too :P

Franc Javi Garcia of Real Madrid 21 and 87 looks good too but i havnt seen him much

Lucas Levia from Liverpool 88 and looks very good, I watch him alot as I support Liverpool and he is playing regular and will deffinetly become better within a few seasons.

Lassana Diarra from Portsmouth is a good player too and with them doing bad this seaon and everyone expecting them to do amazing after the FA cup win he could move to a better team.

And i think he may be 14million but im not sure but Ruben De La Red is a hot prospect, he was linked to move to Liverpool earlier in exchange for Alonso but things fell through and he has stayed at Real and scored the other night.

Cheers for that, some are already taken, (Sunny, Diarra, Huddlestone) whilst of the others:

Ottl = definitely an option, despite the criticism he gets on this forum.

Javi Garcia = probably a good prospect but doesn't seem to be playing much just yet.

Lucas = I can get him, but he costs £10m and with both Alonso & Mascherano (and Bentitez chasing Barry) I'm undecided on whether he's worth the money compared to the likes if Johnson (first-team regular) & Topal (a Turkish regular now?) - although Lucas has played for Brazil recently

Now I'm even more confused :)

Lucas is a great player and your right that maybe he is behind Alonso and Mascherino, but he still plays quite alot and Rafa swaps them round all the time.

I would prefer him to Johnson as you dont know in January whether Man City are going to spend another 30million on a player and take the places of the likes of Johnson.

Whereas Lucas is liked alot by Rafa and he is garunteed a place in the Liverpool plans as long as Rafa is in charge.

I Have a couple of good DM's for you to look at mate...hope this helps!

Name: Ever Banega

Rating: 88

Club: Atletico Madrid

Name: Arturo Vidal

Club: Bayer Leverkusen

Name: Patricio Araujo

Club: Chivas de Guadalajara

These 3 looks very hot prospects for the future...just on that 10m mark that you said you were wiling to spend...Thanks! ;)

Cheers guys, I do know about most of these guys but the help is appreciated nevertheless. Think I'm going to go for Denilson in the short term as he has a chance to really cement his place in the Arsenal first XI and should go up at least one this fortnight. I think Lucas is a bit too expensive a risk at the moment but will keep an eye on the likes of Topal, Marchisio, Medel (never taken him seriously before), Fernandes, Banega, Javi Garcia et al as I will be buying at least one more of them in the upcoming months.

Cheers,

Rik