Old Firm Banter Thread

trueblue

I KNOW this isnt the right section before the abuse starts,, but I was just thinking about the number of threads in this specific section in particular that get wasted by them decending into needless arguments,every time the uk ratings or even sometimes just on an individual player (BORUC/MACGREGGOR FOR EG),get asked about,, WHY dont we have a specific thread ,, possibly a mod could put a sticky link in this section to it,,,, this might mean that they could go and slag each other off till their hearts content ( within reason ,,No wanting any Irish or spanish embassys getting involved or anything like that ) and stop wasting the perfectly legit threads

,,, if idea not liked then someone please delete thread,, was just a thought

Re: Old Firm Banter Thread

yeh but a link to wherever it is,,, could be put here or under the player discussion ,,most forumers i think mainly use this section plus the talent scout and the help section,,,this seems the only section that suffers from it,,if the link was clearly visible it might just might put a stop to some of this ,,at present they slag each other off more as they seem to see the uk ratings as chance to wind up,,but if the opportunity was there on a daily basis the notion would soon either ware off,,or perhaps wouldnt be so strong ,,they could have such things on their thread as daily topics etc,,,

Thats the type of reason it wont work. Thats not "banter".

I don't see how its not banter:confused:

The point of it is to tell you that you can go back to Ireland if you want, since yous always go on about how good it is, the vast majority of Celtic fans are Scottish but still say they are Irish:mad:. We are just letting you know that there is no reason to be here...you can go "home" (as most of yous call it).

But no you all take offense trying to make it out that we are making fun of all the people that died during the famine...its not. Remember it wasn't all Catholics that died during the famine.

It's banter...and BTW Celtic fans are always made out to be perfect people who are always victimized, maybe if people could see the truth:mad:

I don't see how its not banter:confused:

The point of it is to tell you that you can go back to Ireland if you want' date=' since yous always go on about how good it is, the vast majority of Celtic fans are Scottish but still say they are Irish:mad:. We are just letting you know that there is no reason to be here...you can go "home" (as most of yous call it).

But no you all take offense trying to make it out that we are making fun of all the people that died during the famine...its not. Remember it wasn't all Catholics that died during the famine.

It's banter...and BTW Celtic fans are always made out to be perfect people who are always victimized, maybe if people could see the truth:mad:[/quote']

Its clearly racist, and people trying to justify it are racists. Its not "banter" to tell someone to go home, who are you to tell anyone to go home??. Would it be banter to tell African/Americans to go home, or the Holocost is over go home to Jews?? NO IT WOULDNT.

And what does people like Steven Davis think when people in Ulster also suffered in The Great Hunger??

And will McGeady now not be booed as he chose to go home and play for Ireland??

And as for Celtic fans always going on about Ireland, well the Club has historical links to the country, should we deny them because racists dont like it??. It should be celebrated the link Scotland has to Ireland through a football club. Also did Rangers fans not have an Ulster day last week, (only the six counties right enough:confused:, i always thought there was nine) sing about Derrys Walls, The Boyne etc?? Where are these places, Maryhill?? The irony of it all.

And what is the truth u want people to know about Celtic fans??

The famine is over

Why dont you go home

its sheer friendlyness

we are informing yous cathlics that your country is now ok to go back to thats why we are like

why dont you go home

as like teb would say

why dont use just leave it?

just suggesting tbh

Not only are u racist but now the bigot in you comes out. But its all just banter after all, eh:eek:

Why the mention of Catholics?? I thought the song was just about Ireland??

This thread dosnt have long left already due to Huns spouting their usual bile.

your just as bad calling rangers fans HUNS !! lol ,,, and just for your info,, i assume you probably arent aware it was in actual fact CELTIC fans who where first labelled Huns by the gers fans, after WW11 , for the Irish connection to Nazi Germany,apparently this lasted into the early 60's when for some unknown and forgotten reason celtic fans adopted (stole) the term and turned it on the gers support. So like your songs you werent even able to sing abuse without copying from someone else,,

Oh and Craigbhoy...just because the Football Club you support hasa historic link to Ireland' date=' doesnt mean you can be classed as Irish? (IMO) :confused:[/quote']

Who says i was Irish?? Where are u coming from with this question??

If a large section of Celtic fans have a link to Ireland, then they can class themselfs as Irish if they want. Can they not?? Do u have problem with that??

Who says i was Irish?? Where are u coming from with this question??

If a large section of Celtic fans have a link to Ireland' date=' then they can class themselfs as Irish if they want. Can they not?? Do u have problem with that??[/quote']

Wow! Big talk haha...Well if you havent noticed...Celtic fans always say theyre Irish...I hate it coz most of them that say it are Scottish..and they say theyre Irish coz they support a club linked to Ireland lol!

And Mildo also said that aswell so thats were im coming from...B)

Wow! Big talk haha...Well if you havent noticed...Celtic fans always say theyre Irish...I hate it coz most of them that say it are Scottish..and they say theyre Irish coz they support a club linked to Ireland lol!

And Mildo also said that aswell so thats were im coming from...B)

Where are u from?? Scotland??

Do u ever go to Rangers games?? Have u ever heard of Rangers fans singing Derrys Walls, The Sash, songs mentioning the Boyne etc etc?? Eh?? Have u ever sung them??

Where are these places?? Thats right, Ireland. Oh the irony!!

Yeah theres quite a few Irish Rangers fans if you havent noticed...Theres an Irish person that sits next to me on both sides. And its mostly sectarian people that sing that now...Before, one group would start singin, and everyone would just think what the hell and join in. But now most of the fans dont sing it anymore...its usually Britania that I hear frequently...:rolleyes::D A dinny sing that stuff or ma dad slaps me haha! B)