Formula 1

DariusHenderson7

Re: Formula 1

They won't quit. Mosley and di Montezemolo will go tit for tat for a little while until Bernie ensures they meet somewhere in the middle. Wouldn't be surprised to see the new regulations get altered in some way before they come into effect, either a larger budget cap or less significant penalties for those exceeding it I expect.

what you guys think about the budget cap scenario?

If it goes ahead we might get new teams such as USF1, Lola and Aston Martin

but will lose Ferrari, Renault, maybe Toyota and maybe RBR which probably means Toro Rosso to. :eek:

USF1 are joining no matter what Lola and Aston Martin are considering it.

Guest Toggs

USF1 who? :D

I cant see this going ahead, id be seriously surprised if it did. But i think some restrictions will be made.

I cant se either Lotus or Aston Martin joining F1 either. Where will they find the money?

USF1 who? :D

I cant see this going ahead' date=' id be seriously surprised if it did. But i think some restrictions will be made.

I cant se either Lotus or Aston Martin joining F1 either. Where will they find the money?[/quote']

USF1 been considering for a few years decided this year to join dunno why.

Lola used to be in F1 until 1997 when they quit but I dont know why i was 5 then :P. They build the chassis for Formula 3 and A1GP so i guess they got the experience.

Dave Richards who used to be part of the ex-honda team is linked with Prodrive which used to run Subaru's World rally championship and thought about Prodrive doing something similar with Aston Martin.

And yeah the budget cap in my view wont go ahead. Ferrari and Renault going is to much of a knockout and RBR as i support :P.

I reckon they should cut the costs over a longer period so they can adjust season upon season instead of doing it all in one big go.

Ferrari's going to try and get an injunction against the FIA to try and stop the introduction of the budget cap. However I think that this whole thing is about Ferrari trying to get what they want, if they were serious about leaving then they would just leave, obviously they still want to be apart of Formula 1 since they are going to these lengths to try and stop the budget cap from being implemented.

From what I heard, the guy from Ferrari that attended the meeting with the FIA wasn't too well informed, he received a text message half way through the meeting to tell him what Ferrari were planning to do :rolleyes:

Lola used to be in F1 until 1997 when they quit but I dont know why

they originally planned to enter in 98 but mastercard (their main sponsor) wanted them to enter in 97, so they made a car based on their indycar technology (they didnt do any windtunnel tests on the f1 car), bragged about how they'd be better than some of the other teams on the grid (namely stewart, minardi and arrows) and their cars were 11 and 13 seconds off the pace in qualifying for the first race and subsequently did not qualify, and by the time the next race in brazil came around mastercard pulled out as the team was an embarrassment and the company very nearly went bankrupt as a result as they had nowhere near enough sponsorship money to continue

• 2 weeks later...

Button = Pole Position 2Day again! I'm starting to get sick of Button winning at every race track and I might start forgetting about Formula 1 as it's getting boring unlike last year when it was between Massa, Hamilton and Raikonnen . This year it's just Button so ? It's a 50/50 decision.

Guest Toggs

Good bet mate. Rosberg currently has the fastest lap, and i think was 4th/5th, but he's pitting as im writting. Came back out behind Alonso in 8th, so a podium should be in sight.

And, loads of early pits aswell. Pique unfortunate with his collision.

Good bet mate. Rosberg currently has the fastest lap' date=' and i think was 4th/5th, but he's pitting as im writting. Came back out behind Alonso in 8th, so a podium should be in sight.

And, loads of early pits aswell. Pique unfortunate with his collision.[/quote']

Not looking so good now - several drivers jumped him after his stop. I need some retirements B)

• 2 weeks later...

What is going on with Hamilton?

Increasingly frustrating' date=' in the bottom 5 more often than not, only made the top 10 once all season. Even worse, Kovalainen is now out-racing him in Qualifying. >_>[/quote']

his car is awful in fast corners, hence him doing badly here (and probably will at silverstone) and kovy i believe has a decent record in turkey

What is going on with Hamilton?

Increasingly frustrating' date=' in the bottom 5 more often than not, only made the top 10 once all season. Even worse, Kovalainen is now out-racing him in Qualifying. >_>[/quote']

He's been in the bottom 5 three times out of 7 which isn't more often than not, and Kovalainen has only out qualified him twice in 7 I think.

He made a mistake in qualifying in Monaco but did show good pace and would have been a front runner had it not been for that. The circuit in Turkey just doesn't suit his car and he's been struggling just to keep it on the road all weekend....

He's getting the very best out of the equipment he has - bar the Monaco error which totally ruined his weekend he's actually doing very well!

Good to see Vettel get pole. I like Jenson Button and hope he wins the title but he needs some competition.....

Feel sorry for Hamilton, the champ clearly does not have the car too match his talent this season. You could see him pushing it to the max in Q1 and it was just horrible. Then the interview afterward he clearly is dejected as you would be, being at the top one season and then to struggle this season.

Nice too see Button having the opposite fortunes with a great ride in Brawn he is loving it and nearly pulled another pole out of the bag at the death untill Vettel snatched it. With top four tomorrow being the Red Bulls and Brawn i expect one of them too win but i hope it's Button.

Feel sorry for Hamilton' date=' the champ clearly does not have the car too match his talent this season. You could see him pushing it to the max in Q1 and it was just horrible. Then the interview afterward he clearly is dejected as you would be, being at the top one season and then to struggle this season.

Nice too see Button having the opposite fortunes with a great ride in Brawn he is loving it and nearly pulled another pole out of the bag at the death untill Vettel snatched it. With top four tomorrow being the Red Bulls and Brawn i expect one of them too win but i hope it's Button.[/size']

It obviously goes to show that no matter how much talent they have, most drivers are only as good as their cars.

Should be a slightly more level playing field next season when the bigger teams use the new diffusers. Will certainly be a more open-ended championship too. :)

It obviously goes to show that no matter how much talent they have' date=' most drivers are only as good as their cars.

Should be a slightly more level playing field next season when the bigger teams use the new diffusers. Will certainly be a more open-ended championship too. :)[/quote']

David Coulthard says it is 80% car and 20% driver which is probably about right.

In truth Hamilton has got more out of that car than your average driver would, just as Alonso does on a regular basis and Jenson Button did last year in a total dog of a Honda - and that is what marks them out as top top drivers.

There is very little in it though - they are all extremely good and that is why they are in F1

Whilst I am glad to see Button doing well, and if Hamilton's not going to be challenging for the title then it would be nice to see another Brit win, but just seven races in and I'm bored already.

And not just because Hamilton is rarely in the points, because there is no competition. Button continues to win, Vettel and Barrichello aren't anywhere near him, and no-one else has been consistent enough.

Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but as a neutral this season (pretty much anyway, as Hamilton is never challenging for the top), I'd rather have some drama like with the Hamilton/Massa battle last year, with Kubica pushing them early on and Raikkonen in the mix for most of the season. Of course there won't be as much drama as the last race, but it was a lot more competitive.

Whilst I am glad to see Button doing well' date=' and if Hamilton's not going to be challenging for the title then it would be nice to see another Brit win, but just seven races in and I'm bored already.

And not just because Hamilton is rarely in the points, because there is no competition. Button continues to win, Vettel and Barrichello aren't anywhere near him, and no-one else has been consistent enough.

Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but as a neutral this season (pretty much anyway, as Hamilton is never challenging for the top), I'd rather have some drama like with the Hamilton/Massa battle last year, with Kubica pushing them early on and Raikkonen in the mix for most of the season. Of course there won't be as much drama as the last race, but it was a lot more competitive.[/quote']

There is plenty of action it's just not happening at the front. Watching Barrichello for the first 10 laps was pretty entertaining!

Once Vettel made the error and gifted Button the lead it was all over - but Jenson was immense today and it's up to Red Bull and everyone else to make up the difference in performance to make the races more exciting.

It was so entertaining last season because Hamilton & Massa made so many errors, something Button isn't doing - the guy is top class.

It was so entertaining last season because Hamilton & Massa made so many errors' date=' something Button isn't doing - the guy is top class.[/quote']

He's also more experienced. He knows when a mistake could be made and as such avoids it. For all their class, Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and others are young, and a little bit more reckless, as has been shown many a time.