Battle for Premier League Supremacy!

Sir Razz

when i was about 5 or 6, i absolutely hated football, my dad and brother were watching it every weekend and eventually i changed sides, ever since i have watched football i have been an Arsenal supporter, and yes, i do not like man utd, chelsea, or even liverpool for that matter, but every single season we have a team that we all expect to be fighting the top four all the way, drop right down and fail. Last year, we had Bolton, who everyone had expected to grab a uefa cup spot that year. This year, its spurs.

Now, as much as i like to say, haha, spurs right down the bottom, ( being an arsenal supporter n all ), as much as i hate spurs, im not gonna give them any abuse because, lets face it, we all have our ups and downs, Juande Ramos made a huge blurr in getting rid of defoe. In my opinion, Defoe is better than Keane, and i personally thought ramos should have sold bent instead of defoe. When the big four come knocking, any club is going to have there work cut out in keeping there player - Spurs fought valiantly not to sell berbatov to united but in the end berbs was always going to move to the red section of Manchester whether spurs liked it or not.

I think that tottenham will not get relegated, they will eventually start picking up points and they undoubtedly have the quality to beat opponents but they are not quite gelling, this is a problem when you sign as many players as tottenham have, it takes a while to get up and going, as will probably be the case with manchester City once the transfer window opens.

At the other end of the table, we see a dogfight for the opportunity for a team to leapfrog one of there rivals and build a gap early on, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all made such bright starts, but a few lost points here and there could cost dearly, Chelsea, Liverpool and most recently Arsenal have lost points against sides most tipped to be down the bottom. Chelsea should have beaten tottenham, Liverpool over Stoke looked gettable and the fact that Arsenal couldnt even get a point AT HOME to Hull is absurd, but it also shows that all teams can be beaten on any given day.

Man United started the season badly but the 2-0 win over Bolton, well helped by a shocking refereeing decision, was an important one for them. I think Man utd will get going now that Ronaldo's back - but another injury for him and Man utd's season could be over early because its quite obvious man utd rely on him very heavily to get most of there goals whether it be as a contributing factor or goalscoring factor. All good teams have 1 or 2 players that stand out above all the other.

Man utd - Ronaldo and Rooney

Chelsea - Lampard and Terry

Liverpool - Gerrard and Torres

Arsenal - Fabregas and Walcott

and so on.

I honestly cant believe that Arsenal are on par with Chelsea and Man utd - Arsenal have not spent 15m+ on a player in any recent season and if you can tell me one within a span of 5 years ill take this back but compared to the others, they dont spend at all - if you look at the squads of the big four - Arsenals and Liverpools are far behind chelsea and man utd's in terms of strength in depth and why? MONEY. If it wasnt for Wenger, Arsenal would be sitting around 6/7/8th position because he has this uncanny ability to bring out the best in players and this may sound biast but i believe he is the best manager in the world when it comes to bringing in a player - getting value for money and bringing out every last drop of that players potential.

I fully expect Man utd to bridge the gap to liverpool and arsenal but i think Chelsea are going to run away with it this year, they have a great squad, you see big players like Drogba and Essien having long term injuries but they still hang in there, grit wins and still play good football, which has become great to watch thanks to big phil. I used to never like watching the chelsea games, they were so boring but nowadays i enjoy them alot more because of the style of play. it will take alot from united to push chelsea but as i said before i think chelsea are just far too good.

My top four:

1st - Chelsea

2nd - Man utd

3rd - Arsenal

4th - Liverpool

OR - Aston Villa

I think villa can really push for 4th spot this year and they have build a solid squad which is capable of doing it this year.

My Bottom Three:

18th - Fulham

19th - Newcastle United

20th - West Brom

Plz give me feedbacks. Thanks everyone - It was a joy making this thread :D

Guest Football8

Re: Battle for Premier League Supremacy!

when i was about 5 or 6' date=' i absolutely hated football, my dad and brother were watching it every weekend and eventually i changed sides, ever since i have watched football i have been an Arsenal supporter, and yes, i do not like man utd, chelsea, or even liverpool for that matter, but every single season we have a team that we all expect to be fighting the top four all the way, drop right down and fail. Last year, we had Bolton, who everyone had expected to grab a uefa cup spot that year. This year, its spurs.

Now, as much as i like to say, haha, spurs right down the bottom, ( being an arsenal supporter n all ), as much as i hate spurs, im not gonna give them any abuse because, lets face it, we all have our ups and downs, Juande Ramos made a huge blurr in getting rid of defoe. In my opinion, Defoe is better than Keane, and i personally thought ramos should have sold bent instead of defoe. When the big four come knocking, any club is going to have there work cut out in keeping there player - Spurs fought valiantly not to sell berbatov to united but in the end berbs was always going to move to the red section of Manchester whether spurs liked it or not.

I think that tottenham will not get relegated, they will eventually start picking up points and they undoubtedly have the quality to beat opponents but they are not quite gelling, this is a problem when you sign as many players as tottenham have, it takes a while to get up and going, as will probably be the case with manchester City once the transfer window opens.

At the other end of the table, we see a dogfight for the opportunity for a team to leapfrog one of there rivals and build a gap early on, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all made such bright starts, but a few lost points here and there could cost dearly, Chelsea, Liverpool and most recently Arsenal have lost points against sides most tipped to be down the bottom. Chelsea should have beaten tottenham, Liverpool over Stoke looked gettable and the fact that Arsenal couldnt even get a point AT HOME to Hull is absurd, but it also shows that all teams can be beaten on any given day.

Man United started the season badly but the 2-0 win over Bolton, well helped by a shocking refereeing decision, was an important one for them. I think Man utd will get going now that Ronaldo's back - but another injury for him and Man utd's season could be over early because its quite obvious man utd rely on him very heavily to get most of there goals whether it be as a contributing factor or goalscoring factor. All good teams have 1 or 2 players that stand out above all the other.

Man utd - Ronaldo and Rooney

Chelsea - Lampard and Terry

Liverpool - Gerrard and Torres

Arsenal - Fabregas and Walcott

and so on.

I honestly cant believe that Arsenal are on par with Chelsea and Man utd - Arsenal have not spent 15m+ on a player in any recent season and if you can tell me one within a span of 5 years ill take this back but compared to the others, they dont spend at all - if you look at the squads of the big four - Arsenals and Liverpools are far behind chelsea and man utd's in terms of strength in depth and why? MONEY. If it wasnt for Wenger, Arsenal would be sitting around 6/7/8th position because he has this uncanny ability to provide bring out the best in players and this may sound biast but i believe he is the best manager in the world when it comes to bringing in a player - getting value for money and bringing out every last drop of that players potential.

I fully expect Man utd to bridge the gap to liverpool and arsenal but i think Chelsea are going to run away with it this year, they have a great squad, you see big players like Drogba and Essien having long term injuries but they still hang in there, grit wins and still play good football, which has become great to watch thanks to big phil. I used to never like watching the chelsea games, they were so boring but nowadays i enjoy them alot more because of the style of play. it will take alot from united to push chelsea but as i said before i think chelsea are just far too good.

My top four:

1st - Chelsea

2nd - Man utd

3rd - Arsenal

4th - Liverpool

OR - Aston Villa

I think villa can really push for 4th spot this year and they have build a solid squad which is capable of doing it this year.

My Bottom Three:

18th - Fulham

19th - Newcastle United

20th - West Brom

Plz give me feedbacks. Thanks everyone - It was a joy making this thread :D [/b']

Good thread, don't you think Manchester City will push for 4th, Newcastle relegated hmmm, if Liverpool can keep the pace up like right now, its surely a 1st/2nd finish. :)

Good thread' date=' don't you think Manchester City will push for 4th, Newcastle relegated hmmm, if Liverpool can keep the pace up like right now, its surely a 1st/2nd finish. :)[/quote']

i think man city wont make it this year, next year they'll be a big force, as for newcastle, the way there going, alot of there good player s will leave in January and i dont think they will get many points. Liverpool will not get 1st/2nd, they have made a good start but i doubt whether they can keep it up for the whole season. B)

A really good thread mate. Put alot of work into this one.

Just a few things i would want to say. Firstly Spurs. On paper they have a brilliant side. A side that really can challenge for a top four spot but, unfortunately, as you have rightly said, thay have not yet been able to gel properly. It really will be interesting to see the Tottenham side when the players begin to gel properly. But Spurs really must get their act together soon or else it will be to late to even try and grab a UEFA cup spot this season (if it isn't too late allready :o).

On the top half of the table it really is a dogfight between Liverpool and Chelsea atm and both teams are looking good, especially Chelsea, Both teams are managing to grind out the results. Liverpool managing to beat us after God knows how long :P. Chelsea managed a draw against us but otherwise have looked really good. Their new signing Bosnigwa and Deco have really played well. Joe Cole and Lampard are playing really well this season. They have some really good players in the squad and they do have alot of depth. I really think that they are capable of winning both the EPL and the CL this season especially with big Phil at the helm. To show that they do have depth in the squad the best example is Mikel. The guy is filing up the gigantic boot of Essien really well. The guy really has shown that he is a qialtiy player as well. Anelka is really playing well and so is Kalou. They really do have a great chance of winning some silverware this season (but for manu's sake i hope they don't :P). :)

Liverpool on the other hand does not have such a great squad and tend to have off days. If they played the way they did against Manu all year round they really would be title contenders for sure. Their squad may not have as brilliant players as the Manu or Chelsea squad has but they do have good quality player who are capable of winning silverware if they play well. The porblem is that Liverpool is really inconsistent. They play really well one game and play rotten football the next. If you wanna win the title you must beat smaller teams like Stoke which Liverpool fail to do time and time again and that imo is the reason for their failure to win the EPL. ;)

Arsenal do have a good squad aswell. Very young and capable of winning, but imo they are not good enough to win the EPL. Their squad is very talented but it is also very young. I do agree that Wenger is a brilliant manager and he does have the ability to bring the best out of his players. He just got a squad with an average age of 19 to beat Sheffield 6-0 !!! But i the big question is, can he get his young squad to do better than manu and chelsea and win the EPL ???

Manu on the other hand have started the season off slowly but are now picking up the pace. They managed a win against Bolton and will hopefully manage to carry on the form to their next EPL game. They do face AaB tonight. ;) Things are looking better now that C.R. is back. Rooney scored his first of the season and hopefully he will score quite a few more this season. Manu as we all know are title contenders and will be looking for their third title in a row. We do have the players and we defo can win this season as well. Only thing is we must get our act together fast and we need our main players to be injury free (espically our defenders). :)

It's going to be a really colse season this time and i really hope that Uinited can win it again. Lets just wait and see how it unfolds. :D

The best thing that could happen for Liverpool, is if they fail to get out of the group stages of the CL, that way they could concentrate more on the PL, and Benitez might not rotate as heavily as normal.

The UEFA Cup would still provide a distraction, but the teams in that are nowhere as strong.

As for Newcastle going down, if this current mess isn't sorted before Xmas, then I think that would be a strong possibility.

As much as it pains me to say it, my beloved BWFC will be down there again this season, hopefully not relegated, but we'll finish in the bottom 5 or 6, unless we get rid of Mugson, and get Phil Brown back at the club.

He has shown he can cut it in the best league in the world, first getting Hull promoted was a massive achievement, then shocking the football world by not just surviving in the PL, but actually playing some good football, and beating some quality teams.

As for City, it will take a season or two to get near the big four, unless they spend 200 million in January, and then go the rest of the season unbeaten.

1st Chelsea

2nd Liverpool

3rd Man U

4th Arsenal

Then 3 from

Bolton

West Brom

Stoke

Newcastle

Fulham

Middlesborough

Hm, why not Newcastle relegated?

They are doing horribly off the field and they only seem to play well when they are more or less out of the game (vs B'burn and West Ham in the last two games).

They need some direction and IMO I'm not sure if someone who comes in on a part time basis (Kinnear) will be good enough, regardless of how experienced he is or whatever, they need someone there who can actually command the respect of the players. I read somewhere that it's Given and Owen who are telling players what to do etc; it's just appalling.