How do you make Sigs

Re: How do you make Sigs

its really hard to do what do you use gimp or photoshop

and can you give me a basic guide on how to make one with gimp

Right here we go. Very Brief:p

Open GIMP and click on New. 450 by 150 should be ok for a sig.

Go to Dialogs. Layers and you get a small window. Layers are very useful. After you make your background (you can go crazy with it) and you are adding on your renders' date=' make sure you add the renders as a new layer because if you stick all parts of the sig in one layer, you wont be able to move the different parts around.

So lets say you want to make a man utd sig, and you want to include, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. You need to save pictures of theses players to your computer and then you have to go to file then open. Then you start the cutting. I found this video very useful when cutting.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_dmhWGljk&feature=related[/url]

Follow it closely and pause the video when it seems to be going too fast. Watch it twice and you should get the hang of it. Its a very neat way to cutting and cutting is very important.

Once you have the cutouts of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. You will be having the background layer.

That video should help you make your first background.

On that small window called layers. You will see a button underneath that says create a new layer. Click on that and press ok. Have that layer selected and insert one of your cutouts and use the move tool to place the cutout to where ever you like. The scale tool if you need to resize the cutout.

Then its important two create another layer for the other cutout (say its Rooney) and another one for Tevez. So you should have about four layers in this very basic sig.

Once you get use to it, you will learn how to make interesting backgrounds and its just all about experimenting and there are some very useful videos on youtube that can help.

Save your sig first as a .xcf. Then click Save it as a JPEG. Just change the .xcf ending to .jpg. Click ok and you get a message. Click on the button called export and make it 100 percent.

Go to photobucket or imageshack and make an account and upload the JPEG image saved on your computer. This way you can post your work.

Good luck. Sorry if i've missed something:o

I have a diff version to the vids because i have 2 things that pop up when i use gimp so is there a vid to do with the version i downloaded

Two things that pop up?:o

Not sure what you mean mate, it could be the tip window and the layer window. Could you tell me what these two pop up things say?:o

how do you post screenshots

Get to that screen where u get the two pop ups and press the print screen button on your keyboard.

Go to paint and then edit>>paste. And then you should get a picture of your screen when you took the screenshot. Save it and go to www.photobucket.com, make an account...and upload it. Copy the direct link and put it around image codes and post.

Uploading is easy. Once you make an account, click on upload pictures. Then you click "choose files" and select the image u saved on paint. Then it will be uploaded:)

Hmmm that is a bit strange. Certainly different to the one i have but its still more or less similar.

Basically what you want to do is on that GNU Image manipulation program program window, click file and go to new. Set the width to 450 and height to 150 and you should get your canvas to work on...

Then you have lots of things u can do from the toolbox. Find gradients in it (the greyish square), click it and choose a gradient of your choice and experiment. Have a look at some videos and try out different backgrounds. That's all i can really tell you by typing really, the rest if up to you.

I am a self-learner as well. Don't be afraid, just keep experimenting;)

Good luck:)

• 1 month later...

Right here we go. Very Brief:p

Open GIMP and click on New. 450 by 150 should be ok for a sig.

Go to Dialogs. Layers and you get a small window. Layers are very useful. After you make your background (you can go crazy with it) and you are adding on your renders' date=' make sure you add the renders as a new layer because if you stick all parts of the sig in one layer, you wont be able to move the different parts around.

So lets say you want to make a man utd sig, and you want to include, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. You need to save pictures of theses players to your computer and then you have to go to file then open. Then you start the cutting. I found this video very useful when cutting.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_dmhWGljk&feature=related[/url]

Follow it closely and pause the video when it seems to be going too fast. Watch it twice and you should get the hang of it. Its a very neat way to cutting and cutting is very important.

Once you have the cutouts of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. You will be having the background layer.

That video should help you make your first background.

On that small window called layers. You will see a button underneath that says create a new layer. Click on that and press ok. Have that layer selected and insert one of your cutouts and use the move tool to place the cutout to where ever you like. The scale tool if you need to resize the cutout.

Then its important two create another layer for the other cutout (say its Rooney) and another one for Tevez. So you should have about four layers in this very basic sig.

Once you get use to it, you will learn how to make interesting backgrounds and its just all about experimenting and there are some very useful videos on youtube that can help.

Save your sig first as a .xcf. Then click Save it as a JPEG. Just change the .xcf ending to .jpg. Click ok and you get a message. Click on the button called export and make it 100 percent.

Go to photobucket or imageshack and make an account and upload the JPEG image saved on your computer. This way you can post your work.

Good luck. Sorry if i've missed something:o

How do you make the Name Creator sigs that Kyle makes? The ones where it has ur name and a rating?