Turkish Super Lig

IOA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Turkish Database - Ask me anything

IOA i must congratulate(and rep:D) you for 2 amazing finds' date=' james Troisi and Ugur Demirkol.

You told me about troisi when he was rated 75 and i payed 450k for him then in a couple of weeks he gets a +7 rise to 82

You told me about Demirkol when he was rated 73 i payed 200k then ina couple of weeks he also gets a + 7 rise to 80.

Thanks 4 telling me about them as they have helped me a lot in some of my lower rated gc teams:D:D:D:D

p.s do u know any other big risers like them????

and finally who do u think is da best player in turkey????[/quote']I need good young winger or am from turkish league can anybody help me thank you

IOA i must congratulate(and rep:D) you for 2 amazing finds' date=' james Troisi and Ugur Demirkol.

You told me about troisi when he was rated 75 and i payed 450k for him then in a couple of weeks he gets a +7 rise to 82

You told me about Demirkol when he was rated 73 i payed 200k then ina couple of weeks he also gets a + 7 rise to 80.

Thanks 4 telling me about them as they have helped me a lot in some of my lower rated gc teams:D:D:D:D

p.s do u know any other big risers like them????

and finally who do u think is da best player in turkey????[/quote']

I didn't mention either of them mate, must be the wrong person:D

In fact I don't think I've ever posted about Troisi other than this thread, I posted about Demirkol in this thread, but again I did not create the thread and wasn't the first to mention him.

Other risers can be found in this thread.

Best player in Turkey is either Arda or Alex.

Thanks for that :) Just one thing how highly do you rate him ? if he gets the big move will he get into the starting XI

I rate him very highly' date=' excellent player, could still improve with finishing and physique but they will come in time.

It's possible, at the moment they have 3 strikers. Ilhan Parlak who still hasn't scored for Fenerbahce since July 2007 is terrible. Guiza is terrible search this thread for more info and then Semih who is the only striker who can score regularly.

Even if he moves to Fenerbahce and is not one of the two main strikers he definitely will be the 3rd and will progress to be the main striker for them.

I need good young winger or am from turkish league can anybody help me thank you

Other risers can be found in this thread.

What's going on with Gurhan GURSOY? He looked like he had the potential to step but doesn't seem to be getting any games since his move.

Dropped 2 in the latest rating changes. Should I cut my losses or hold for now?

What move mate, he transferred to Fenerbahce in '04 from Adanaspor, went back there on loan and then back to Fenerbahce and then on loan to Sivas, which he did OK with.

However, he won't cut the grade with a top Turkish team, might as well sell.

What move mate' date=' he transferred to Fenerbahce in '04 from Adanaspor, went back there on loan and then back to Fenerbahce and then on loan to Sivas, which he did OK with.

However, he won't cut the grade with a top Turkish team, might as well sell.[/quote']

I meant the loan to Sivas, where he seemed to do OK. Sorry to hear that he won't make the grade as I have him in a number of my teams.

Thanks for the help.

IOA' date='

In your opinion, should Faty Papy have risen from a 75?

He plays internationals and gets the odd game for Trabsonspor doesn't he?

Thanks![/quote']

I don't know about his international form since being added to the database with Trabzonspor, but what I do know that he has been on the subs bench a few times but hasn't got a minutes competitive experience with Trabzonspor yet.

• 1 month later...

IOA' date=' has Mehmet Topuz's move to Besiktas/Fenerbahce (goal.com keeps changing it *rolleyes*) been confirmed?[/quote']

Beautiful question.

Topuz's contract was running up next season and Kayserispor decided to let him go this season, so Topuz was told to go and search for a new club, once found, the club would start to negotiate with Kayserispor.

So, off Topuz went and had offers from Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas. Topuz decided on Besiktas and Besiktas confirmed on their site and on the stock exchange that they had begun negotiations with Kayserispor about Topuz. However, the night before Fenerbahce and Kayserispor agreed a fee for Topuz, this was the same fee Besiktas were willing to pay plus Gokhan Emreciksin. However, according to Kayserispor's director of football Kayserispor had not even received any bids from Besiktas.

Right now, Fenerbahce have bought him but just need the player to sign a contract with them. However, Topuz 100% doesn't want to go to Fenerbahce and will not sign for them, he has stated that he is a Besiktas fan and wants to go to Besiktas, if it takes, he has said he will wait 'till January or the end of next season to leave on a free, pictures have already been taken with him holding a Besiktas kit in a hotel, no Besiktas staff/players or directors just him.

In my sincere opinion, he will not go to Fenerbahce, all that is left is that Besiktas agree a fee with Kayserispor and Topuz signs for Besiktas, if not he'll come next season.

All this on the same day Rijkaard takes Galatasaray post:D.

I have gokhan gonul and hakkan balta r they expected to rise.

I also have sentruk do u think he would rise. what r the chances of any one moving to a bigger club in europe and playing.

None of them are expected to rise' date=' the only one that has a chance of moving to Europe is Gokhan Gonul and there's no transfer rumors about him leaving.

is there a new thread on turkish risers ?

players rated in low 70's that are due a rise ?

thanks

The Turkish rating changes happened towards the end of the season, so not many risers, the only one I can think is Furkan Ozcal.

What do you of Ozcal ? Also' date=' how in Eren Gungor doing? :)

Hunty[/quote']

Eren Gungor's progress can be read about here.

I've posted in the thread about Ozcal in his respective thread, which can be found here.

arda turan.... future potential?

thanx

Already one of the best players in Turkey and one of the best players for his national team.

A career is Europe's biggest and best clubs is possible.

I thought rijkaard should get a club in netherland or a bigger club in europe.

what do u think?

It's a bit late for moving to a different club, I think he's going to fail like most managers from Spain have, including Aragones and Del Bosque.

would you choose nuri sahin or arda turan?

Superb question.

I saw Nuri against France and he was fantastic, but I haven't watched him in the Bundesliga to comment on him overall, compared to Arda.

Superb question.

I saw Nuri against France and he was fantastic' date=' but I haven't watched him in the Bundesliga to comment on him overall, compared to Arda.[/quote']

Being a Borussia Dortmund fan, I think I can provide an insight about Sahin.

He's had a rough 2 years prior to the just-concluded season, losing his form and showing precious little of the precocious talent he possessed which had attracted the attention of teams like Arsenal. Injuries & poor form hurt him, and the instability at the club, not least due to the various managerial changes, hardly helped, and he was farmed out to Feyenoord on loan in 2007-08.

Under former BVB manager Bertie van Marwijk (now manager of the Holland national team), he began to get more game time, enabling him to improve and show his qualities, and Dortmund, under new coach Juergen Klopp, decided to provide him another opportunity to showcase his skills here. It took him a considerable amount of time to get back to full match sharpness, and once he did, he began to make important cameos. Eventually, he displaced Florian Kringe from the first XI (it also had to do with Kringe's horrid performances) and took over the LCM role, with licence to drift left.

He contributes more to an offensive game, with his precise passing, imagination and a willingness to shoot when given an opportunity. He is a good set-piece taker as well. He also does a decent job of tracking back and helping out the defence. A very neat & compact player, and the signs are looking good for him.

It will take him time, but assuming he takes over as first-choice LCM, he could get to 89 at Dortmund. It is this uncertainty that prompts me to say that I would go for Arda ahead of him, simply because the Galatasaray winger is a more established player & is already a 90.

Being a Borussia Dortmund fan' date=' I think I can provide an insight about Sahin.

He's had a rough 2 years prior to the just-concluded season, losing his form and showing precious little of the precocious talent he possessed which had attracted the attention of teams like Arsenal. Injuries & poor form hurt him, and the instability at the club, not least due to the various managerial changes, hardly helped, and he was farmed out to Feyenoord on loan in 2007-08.

Under former BVB manager Bertie van Marwijk (now manager of the Holland national team), he began to get more game time, enabling him to improve and show his qualities, and Dortmund, under new coach Juergen Klopp, decided to provide him another opportunity to showcase his skills here. It took him a considerable amount of time to get back to full match sharpness, and once he did, he began to make important cameos. Eventually, he displaced Florian Kringe from the first XI (it also had to do with Kringe's horrid performances) and took over the LCM role, with licence to drift left.

He contributes more to an offensive game, with his precise passing, imagination and a willingness to shoot when given an opportunity. He is a good set-piece taker as well. He also does a decent job of tracking back and helping out the defence. A very neat & compact player, and the signs are looking good for him.

It will take him time, but assuming he takes over as first-choice LCM, he could get to 89 at Dortmund. It is this uncertainty that prompts me to say that I would go for Arda ahead of him, simply because the Galatasaray winger is a more established player & is already a 90.[/quote']

Superb post, thank you for your contribution.

It was the first time I had seen Nuri play that long for Turkey, he used to be a last 10-15 minute player. However, he played the full 90 minutes against France and Azerbaijan which just highlights Fatih Terim expects him to play in that position for the future, very similar to Tumer IMO.

His position wasn't that similar to his position for Dortmund, Nuri was the deep lying playmaker against France. Collecting the ball from defence and distributing it and joining in with the attack. He probably had to play a bit more back then he would have liked probably because Turkey played with two upfront and two very attacking wide players (Arda and Tuncay). He was actually a joy to watch, great technique and a sweet left foot.

I'm wondering is it worth my while keeping Demirkol. Is he going to start enough games to get a decent rise' date=' or is he any kind of a decent prospect?[/quote']

I sold him when his transfer ban was up, he's still young and currently second choice LB to Baki Mercimek. He's a good player, don't think he'll play for the biggest teams in Turkey though. Even if he was a regular, he would be looking at around a 82-83, not worth waiting months for, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the seasons over, I might as well update this thread with what happened in the season:).

2008/09 League Table

leaguetable.jpg

Who knows no Fenerbahce and Galatasaray in World Championships anymore?

Top Goalscorers

20 goals

Milan Baroš (Galatasaray) - 89 rating

18 goals

Taner Gülleri (Kocaelispor) - 85 rating, now of Istanbul BB.

15 goals

Gökhan Ünal (Trabzonspor) - 89 rating

14 goals

Umut Bulut (Trabzonspor) - 88 rating

Mehmet Yıldız (Sivasspor) - 89 rating

13 goals

Souleymane Youla (Eskişehirspor) - 85 rating

12 goals

Beto (Gaziantepspor) - 84 rating

11 goals

Alex (Fenerbahçe) - 91 rating

Bobô (Beşiktaş) - 89 rating

Daniel Güiza (Fenerbahçe) - 91 rating

Tabata (Gaziantepspor) - 88 rating

Sercan Yıldırım (Bursaspor) - 85 rating

Teams to be promoted to the Turkcell Super Lig

Manisaspor (Champions) - On database

Diyarbakirspor (2nd) - Not on database

Kasimpasa (Play-off) - Not on database

Transfers for 2009/10

This is the best link, for transfers in Turkey. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the team you wan't to view from the drop-down menu. However, it also has transfers which haven't happened yet offically yet but are widely expected to. E.g. Erhan Guven to Besiktas and Aydin Karabulut to Ankaraspor.

As soon as a transfer happens officially and the player is on the database I send a ticket, I'll be continuing this.

Noticeable transfers from the Big 4 include...

Michael Fink from Eintracht Frankfurt to Besiktas rated 88.

Fabio Bilica from Sivasspor to Fenerbahce rated 87.

Bekir Irtegun from Gaziantepspor to Fenerbahce rated 84.

Mehmet Topuz from Kayserispor to Fenerbahce rated 87.

Ozer Hurmaci from Ankaraspor to Fenerbahce rated 86.

Mustafa Sarp from Bursaspor to Galatasaray rated 86.

Servet Cetin from Galatasaray to Marseille rated 90.

It's still very early on and Fenerbahce have been the most active in the transfer market, the Turkish Real Madrid if you'd like. Besiktas and Galatasaray have been a bit slower but specifically Besiktas are looking to sign some great players SM potential wise.

I'll create new threads according.

Archived