Sign in to follow this  
Insider

Risers from every side in Brazil.

Starting with 3 sides. I'd like to say that these changes are the most interesting of the season every year, as they happen at the beginning of the season in brazil, then not again until the end. So expect big risers.

This is after 27 games.

Total list so far :

+11

SANDRO SILVA, Laurindo, DM, 24/73, Palmeiras, 73 to 84

+9

TAISON, Barcellos, AM, 20/75, Inter, 75 to 84

FELIPE, Trevizan, CB, 21/71. Coritiba, 71 to 80

+8

WILLIANS SANTANA, Santos, AM, 20/76, Vitoria, 76 to 84

JUMAR, Jose da Costa, DM, 22/73, Palmeiras, 73 to 81

GUARU, Alexandre, LB, 26/72, Coritiba, 72 to 80

FABINHO CAPIXABA, Antonio, RB, 24/72, Palmerias, 72 to 80

+6

RAFAEL CARIOCA, Pereira, CM/DM, 19/80, Gremio, 80 to 86

JECI, Jose Borges, CB, 28/80, Palmeiras, 80 to 86

RODRIGO MANCHA, Santos, DM, 22/78, Coritiba, 78 to 84

DANNY MORAIS, Bittencourt, CB, 23/74, Inter, 74 to 80

MAURICIO, dos Santos, CB, 20/73, Palmeiras, 73 to 79

+5

MARQUINHOS, Goncalves, AM/F, 18/80, Vitoria, 80 to 85

FERNANDO, Gomes, DM/CM, 22/80, Goias, 80 to 85

TRIGUINHO, Luciano, LB/LM, 29/80, Botafogo, 80 to 85

WILLIAN MAGRAO, Henrique, CM/DM, 21/80, Gremio, 80 to 85

VANDERLEI, Farias, G, 24/75, Coritiba, 75 to 80

FABIO, Jose, F, 21/75, Botafogo (Loan from Villa Rio) 75 to 80

FELIPE MATTIONI, Rohde, RB, 19/72, Gremio, 72 to 77

WALLACE, Reis da Silva, CB, 20/72, Vitoria, 72 to 77

+4

REVER, Humberto, CB, 23/83, Gremio, 83 to 87

RENAN, G, 19/78, Botafogo, 78 to 82

LEANDRO DONIZETE, Goncalves, DM, 26/77, Coritiba, 77 to 81

EDSON, Jose da Silva, CB, 22/75 Botafogo (Loan from Corinthians Alagoano) 75 to 79

BRUNO, Ferraz, AM, 24/75, Cruzeiro, 75 to 79

+3

VICTOR, Leandro, G, 25/85, Gremio, 85 to 88

ZE LUIS, Santos, DM/CM, 29/85, Sao Paulo, 85 to 88

MARCOS, Roberto, G, 35/85, Palmeiras, 85 to 88

KEIRRISON, Carneiro, F, 19/83, Coritiba, 83 to 86

JULIO CESAR, Coelho, LB/LM, 26/83, Goias, 83 to 86

ZE CARLOS, Garcia, LB/DM, 28/83, Botafogo, 83 to 86

MAURICIO, Donizeti, CB, 23/82, Coritiba, 82 to 85

AIRTON, Ribeiro Santos, DM, 18/78, Flamengo, 78 to 81

EDUARDO, Neto, CB, 19/74, Botafogo (Loan from Villa Rio), 74 to 77

THIAGO SALES, Guimaraes, CB, 21/74, Flamengo, 74 to 77

+2

GUILHERME, Milhomem, F/AM, 19/87, Cruzeiro, 87 to 89

FABIO LUCIANO, CB, 33/87, Flamengo, 87 to 89

NILMAR, Honorato, F/AM, 24/87, Inter,87 to 89

RONALDO ANGELIM, Simoes, CB, 32/87, Flamengo, 87 to 89

MARQUINHOS PARANA, RB/RM, 31/86, Cruzeiro, 86 to 88

VITOR, Cicero, RB/RM, 26/86, Goias, 86 to 88

JAILTON, Cruz Alves, CM/RM, 29/86, Flamengo (Loan from Ipatinga) 86 to 88

ANDRE LUIS, Garcia, CB, 29/85, Botafogo, 85 to 87

CLEMER, Melo, G, 39/85, Inter, 85 to 87

MARCEL, Augusto, F, 26/85, Gremio (Loan from Benfica), 85 to 87

ANDERSON MARTINS, Viera, CB, 21/84, Vitoria, 84 to 86

VANDERSON, Carlos, CM/DM, 28/83, Vitoria, 83 to 85

RAMON MENEZES, Hubner, AM, 36/83, Vitoria, 83 to 85

+1

BRUNO, Fernandes G, 23/88, Flamengo, 88 to 89

JUAN, Maldonado LB/LM, 26/88, Flamengo, 88 to 89

HUGO, Henrique, AM/LM, 27/88, Sao Paulo, 88 to 89

ALEX MINEIRO, Pereira, F, 33/88, Palmerias, 88 to 89

IBSON, Barreto, CM/DM, 24/88, Flamengo (Loan from Porto), 88 to 89

JOILSON, Rodrigues, RM/RB, 29/ 87, Sao Paulo, 87 to 88

RENATO SILVA, Assis, CB, 25/87, Botafogo, 87 to 88

IARLEY, Pedro, AM/F, 34/87, Goias, 87 to 88

INDIO, Marco Antonio, CB, 33/87, Inter, 87 to 88

PEREIRA, Fabio, CB, 29/86, Gremio, 86 to 87

ELDER GRANJA, da Silva, RB/RM, 26/85, Palmeiras, 85 to 86

ERNANDO, Rodrigues, CB, 20/85, Goias, 85 to 86

FLAMENGO

1. BRUNO, Fernandes G, 23/88,

One of the best keepers in Brazil. Has played 26 of the matches, and is known for his brilliant performances. Was linked to Barcelona last season, should move to Europe someday. Rise to 89.

2. FABIO LUCIANO, CB, 33/87 (Cap)

The Captain deserves a rating increase. In his second season after joining from Cologne, he’s got 24 Serie A matches, with 1 goal. Rise to 89.

3. RONALDO ANGELIM, Simoes, CB, 32/87

Another defender who has been key for a few years now, Angelim has scored once in 25 matches this season. Deserves a rise to 89, with the others.

4. JUAN, Maldonado LB/LM, 26/88

You may remember this name from his days in the Arsenal youth squad. He’s been back in Brazil since 2004, and is making a name for himself. Played in two WC Qualifiers for Brazil this summer/fall and has 3 goals in 25 Flamengo matches. If I were a manager in Europe, I’d take a shot on him for sure. Rise to 89.

5. IBSON, Barreto, CM/DM, 24/88 (Loan from Porto)

Since joining on loan, he has been the anchor of the Flamengo midfield. Has also chipped in with 5 goals, this from 23 appearances, all starts. Should get the small rise to 89.

13. JAILTON, Cruz Alves, CM/RM, 29/86 (Loan from Ipatinga)

In the second year of his 3 year loan deal, he’s playing quite a bit and playing well. 23 starts, with one goal, definitely a key member of the midfield. Rise to 88

17. AIRTON, Ribeiro Santos, DM, 18/78

This kid should see his playing time increase in the next few years, he has started 4 and subbed 4 this year, and been quite solid. One to watch for the next few years. Rise to 81.

25. THIAGO SALES, Guimaraes, CB, 21/74

The young defender has only played once in Serie A, but in the regional tournaments scored 4 in 6 games. Worth investing in. Rise to 77.

36. ERICK FLORES, Bonfim, AM, 19/?? (Recently promoted)

19 year old would be worth investing in if only he were on the database. Considered one of the most talented young players for Flamengo, he has featured in 7 matches so far. I’d give him a 79.

41. VANDINHO, Vanderson, F, 22/?? (Joined in August)

This player exites me. Played second division most of this and last season, scoring 27 goals in 34 games. Just joined Flamengo recently and has played 5 games, with 2 goals and an assist. Highly recommended. Should be 82.

GREMIO

1. VICTOR, Leandro, G, 25/85

Was injured most of last season, which gave to the rise of Marcelo Grohe, but has taken back his starters role, playing every minute this season for Gremio. Rise to 88.

4. PEREIRA, Fabio, CB, 29/86

Has finally found his niche, after two mediocre seasons, he’s been playing much more, and much better. 22 starts warrant his rise to 87.

5. REVER, Humberto, CB, 23/83

The top defender for Gremio, starting every match but one so far. His rise has been meteorical, there are threads about him out there to explain why. Rise to 87/88

8. RAFAEL CARIOCA, Pereira, CM/DM, 19/80

Another who has been mentioned a lot, he has 23 starts and a sub appearance, one of Gremio’s most played players, he should get a nice rise to 86.

9. MARCEL, Augusto, F, 26/85 (Loan from Benfica)

5 goals in 17 starts for this striker, who will return to Benfica when his loan spell ends. Most played striker on a top Brazilian side, rise to 87 for now.

11. WILLIAN MAGRAO, Henrique, CM/DM, 21/80

Yet another youth who is getting his chance for Gremio. 17 matches and 3 goals for this central midfielder who is connecting well with Carioca. Rise to 85.

15. FELIPE MATTIONI, Rohde, RB, 19/72

Backup right back, and Paulo Sergio is going back after the loan period, so he should take over. Which means buy him now. He has 3 starts and 2 sub appearances, which should be good enough for a small rise to 77 for now.

PALMEIRAS

2. ELDER GRANJA, da Silva, RB/RM, 26/85

After a few seasons at Internacional, Elder Granja has come out of his shell. 17 of 27 full starts, he should get a small rise to 86, maybe 87.

9. ALEX MINEIRO, Pereira, F, 33/88

Has always been a scorer, but never to this extent. Top scorer in the league, 15 goals in 23 matches. Rise to 89.

12. MARCOS, Roberto, G, 35/85

Amazing story of loyalty. His next match will be his 400th for Palmeiras. You may remember him from his role in the 2002 world cup. Anyhow, he’s played every match this season and deserves another rise. Up to 88.

16. JECI, Jose Borges, CB, 28/80

2 goals in 15 matches since Henrique’s departure to Germany. Has been a big part of Palmeiras’ rise. Up to 86.

17. MAURICIO, dos Santos, CB, 20/73

Slowly being groomed into a player. In fact, he scored his first goal. He has 6 apps, only one of those being a substitute. Should climb to about 79 for now.

20. SANDRO SILVA, Laurindo, DM, 24/73

Can you say emergence? I’m actually not sure if grammatically, you can. But this guy has emerged into a starter for the leading side in Brazil. 13 starts, 2 subs, 2 goals. I think when a player is rated 73 with those kind of stats, it’s all you need to know. Rise to 84. That’s right, +11.

21. FABINHO CAPIXABA, Antonio, RB, 24/72

Not as much as #20, but he has 7 starts and 2 sub appearances at Right back. Good enough for perhaps a 79 / 80?

29. JUMAR, Jose da Costa, DM, 22/73

Again, same story. These guys are getting their chances. He has 9 starts to add to his 1 sub appearance. Rise to 81.

Re: A quick look at the bigger sides of Brazil

I'm always fascinated by how the timing of the Brazilian league and the SM ratings review consistently yield such tremendous rises ... It's my favorite time of year!

Thanks again, Insider. Rep coming yer way from the west coast

Another superb post. Thankfully I signed a few of these on the second to last Brazilian changes. And I am learning to keep young Brazilians, they produce the best high risers over the season. So many go to Europe, that replacements are needed quickly. And they are always readily available. Hope to see you post on the other teams, and keep us updated before the changes. :)

I thought Juan, the LB of Flamengo, might get a rise to 90. Not only because of his recruitment for the selecao, matches and goals, but also because of the staggering amount of assists (12!) for Flamengo. On the other hand, 90's are not that common for players in Brazil's Serie A. I think SM slightly underrates this league.

Brilliant thread' date=' really useful. :)

Are you going to do Cruzeiro? Would be great, I have them in 2 GC's. They're 3rd atm I think. :)[/quote']

They are next ;)

Looking through it' date=' would you agree that Rafael Carioca is a Must Buy for all my teams? 80 > 86 is a huge rise.[/quote']

I would say if you have the money, get him. Same for Sandro Silva

I thought Juan' date=' the LB of Flamengo, might get a rise to 90. Not only because of his recruitment for the selecao, matches and goals, but also because of the staggering amount of assists (12!) for Flamengo. On the other hand, 90's are not that common for players in Brazil's Serie A. I think SM slightly underrates this league.[/quote']

I'd love to see that happen, and it is a possibility. I was debating whether or not to put 89/90, but due to the recent conservative nature of it, put 89. It could happen though

CRUZEIRO

MARQUINHOS PARANA, RB/RM, 31/86

Marquinhos Parana may be getting a bit older, but he’s back in a better league after a lucrative year in Japan. With 24 starts this season, he gets a rise to 87/88.

BRUNO, Ferraz, AM, 24/75,

Had a good start to his career with 51 matches for Gremio between 2001-2005, but disappeared lately. Until now. Not a bust buy by any chance, but he is playing a few matches on one of the hardest sides to get into. 5 starts, 2 subs, about 400 minutes. Rise to 78/79,

GUILHERME, Milhomem, F/AM, 19/87

Been raving about him for a while now, I really think he has a brilliant career ahead of him. Scratch that, he already has a brilliant career. 23 starts, with a solid 15 goals, top scorer with Alex Mineiro. I called a rise to 89 for Mineiro, and Guilherme does more without the ball (he has 8 assists). I’d love to call a 90 here, but SM won’t do it, so 89 for Guilherme.

SAO PAULO

12. JOILSON, Rodrigues, RM/RB, 29/ 87

The right winger signed from Botafogo last season and stepped right into the SP lineup. 1 goals in 21 starts (+1 sub appearance). Rise to 88.

18. HUGO, Henrique, AM/LM, 27/88

Suspended for spitting for most of last season, but he’s back in form this year. He has 10 goals out of 22 starts (+1 sub). Very influential in the Sao Paolo midfield. Rise to 89

23. ZE LUIS, Santos, DM/CM, 29/85

After a few seasons in Tokyo, he’s back. I recommended him earlier in the season (when he was 83) and I still recommend him. Only one goal, but that’s not his job. His job is to stay back to provide cover for Richarlyson and Hugo, and he does it well. 22 starts, 1 sub appearance, rise to 88.

BOTAFOGO

RENAN 78

He has been spoken of quite highly, but I disagree. I don’t think he is the future of Brazil goaltending by any means. However, with his 10 starts, he does deserve a rise to about 82.

TRIGUINHO, Luciano, LB/LM, 29/80

His career took off well at Figu and at Sao Caetano. But slowed when he signed with Anderlecht last season. After a year of nothing, he signed a one year loan deal with Botafogo, and made the most of it. 18 starts (+1 sub), and he even got a goal. He is a reliable defender for a good Brazilian side, rise to 85.

EDUARDO, Neto, CB, 19/74 (Loan from Villa Rio)

On loan until 2012. So we don’t need to worry about him going back down to Villa Rio anytime soon. He has started playing a bit, 3 starts a 3 subs totalling 248 mins. Should get a small rise to 77 for now, but expect better in the not too distant future.

ANDRE LUIS, Garcia, CB, 29/85

The 1.92 metre defender is finally away from the trap that was Cruzeiro, where he played very little. Playing much more at Botafogo, with 19 full starts, and 1 goal to boot. You may remember him from the 2000 Olympics, where he represented Brazil. Actually, you probably don’t remember him. But it’s all good. Rise to 87.

RENATO SILVA, Assis, CB, 25/87

Leader of the pack. Clearly Botafogo’s top player, started every single game and leads the backline by example, even though he is lacking height. Rise to 88.

EDSON, Jose da Silva, CB, 22/75 (Loan from Corinthians Alagoano)

From the same club that revealed such players as Deco, Marcelinho and Pepe (yeah, tendancy towards becoming Portuguese), comes Edson, the defender who has now started 5 games since coming in on loan. Rise to 79.

ZE CARLOS, Garcia Leal, LB/DM, 28/83

After a long 3 year span in Osaka, he’s back and busy in Brazil. 4 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts and 8 substitions. That’s 20 apps, 1177 mins. Pretty good. So I’d give him a rise to 86.

FABIO, Jose, F, 21/75 (Loan from Villa Rio)

It’s his first year in the bigs, but I’m fairly certain it wont be his last. Just over 500 minutes, that’s 5 starts and 5 subs, looking solid. Still hasn’t hit the scoresheet though. Rise to 80.

I really should be working on that essay...

GOIAS

ERNANDO, Rodrigues, CB, 20/85

Youngster has been performing admirably this season. Started most matches, 22 in all. Deserves a small rise to 86/87.

JULIO CESAR, Coelho, LB/LM, 26/83

Loanee from Cruzeiro is finally getting his shot. 17 starts, 1 sub, 4 goals, 2 assists. Seems fair enough for a rise to 85/86.

VITOR, Cicero, RB/RM, 26/86

Leader of this Goias squad for a while now. Started 26 matches, over 2200 minutes, and 5 goals to add from the back line. Deserves a rise to 87/88.

FERNANDO, Gomes, DM/CM, 22/80

Half brother of Carlos Alberto (yes, the AM who failed miserably at Bremen) has strugled at Sao and Flumi, but has found a niche here at Goias. 16 starts and 6 sub appearances, even though he has yet to got on the scoresheet, he knows that it's not his job. Rise to 85. (Was 74 earlier in the season)

IARLEY, Pedro, AM/F, 34/87

Former Real Madrid youth player joined after a successful spell at Internacional, and has been scoring for fun. In his 20 starts this season, he has 11 goals. Rise to 88.

INTERNACIONAL

3. INDIO, Marco Antonio, CB, 33/87

One of the most solid defenders in Brazil, he has confirmed that this season with another good statistical season. Over 2200 minutes, thats 25 starts, and an amazing 6 goals from central defense. Rise to 88.

9. NILMAR, Honorato, F/AM, 24/87

Ex-Lyonnais has made his name at Inter. Almost 2000 minutes, 22 starts, including 12 goals and 5 assists. Major interest from Europe, could give it a second shot. Rise to 89.

12. CLEMER, Melo, G, 39/85

Lost his spot last season as Renan took over, but that problem is now Hildebrand's. 39 year old is up for a rise again having played every match since the transfer of Renan. Rise to 87.

14. DANNY MORAIS, Bittencourt, CB, 23/74

When Uruguayan international Gonzalo Sorondo went down, Inter were worried. But they found an able replacement in Danny. Has 8 starts this season and 2 sub appearances. Rise to 80.

20. TAISON, Barcellos, AM, 20/75

I love this kid. The stats arn't that great, but you need to look further than the stats. Has 12 starts and 7 sub appearances, but has mainly been keeping ex CSKA and brazilian international Dani Carvalho on the bench. And with all the competition in form of Nilmar, Dani, D'Allessandro and Alex. He's got the skills, and I believe a 33 million clause on his contract, so pick him up, NOW. He'll go up to 84.

CRUZEIRO

GUILHERME, Milhomem, F/AM, 19/87

Been raving about him for a while now, I really think he has a brilliant career ahead of him. Scratch that, he already has a brilliant career. 23 starts, with a solid 15 goals, top scorer with Alex Mineiro. I called a rise to 89 for Mineiro, and Guilherme does more without the ball (he has 8 assists). I’d love to call a 90 here, but SM won’t do it, so 89 for Guilherme.

Couldnt agree more,, i have had this lad in most of my teams for a while now,,supprised havent heard any transfer rumours about him by now,,, he should be a 90 ,, but agree cant see a +3 to 90 this time,,

Anyway mate your title says biggest clubs ,,is that meaning only the top half ?? was just wondering your thoughts on that kid at Vasco,, alex teixeira,, got him ages ago when i heard chelsea where sniffing round him ,,and i see he has played 14 starts and 5 sub wae a few goals to boot,, thats better than alen kardec,,what you reckon he might get??

GUILHERME' date=' Milhomem, F/AM, 19/87

Couldnt agree more,, i have had this lad in most of my teams for a while now,,supprised havent heard any transfer rumours about him by now,,, he should be a 90 ,, but agree cant see a +3 to 90 this time,,

Anyway mate your title says biggest clubs ,,is that meaning only the top half ?? was just wondering your thoughts on that kid at Vasco,, alex teixeira,, got him ages ago when i heard chelsea where sniffing round him ,,and i see he has played 14 starts and 5 sub wae a few goals to boot,, thats better than alen kardec,,what you reckon he might get??[/quote']

Biggest meant top 3, but it looks like I'll finish up by doing them all. For Teixeira, I could see him go up to about 82. I'd give him more, but Vasco are in Relegation mode...

It's hard to quote you' date=' I'm tired so I gave up trying to click the button ;)

Should be about a month and a half to two months.[/quote']

Ah right thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it. ;)

And as for my quote i suggest you use Firefox, it stays still on FF but moves on IE and some other browsers.... :P

Insider, would you mind posting a list of the players with their current rating and then their new predicted rating in bold next to it?

Of course, I appreciate the time you took to scout and write a little about each player (and I read them all myself), but it is not immediately obvious at first.

Or, if you are tired and have an essay to write, I don't mind condensing the list for you and posting it here/PMing it to you for you to post it here. Thanks for the superb thread though. :)

Insider' date=' would you mind posting a list of the players with their current rating and then their new predicted rating in bold next to it?

Of course, I appreciate the time you took to scout and write a little about each player (and I read them all myself), but it is not immediately obvious at first.

Or, if you are tired and have an essay to write, I don't mind condensing the list for you and posting it here/PMing it to you for you to post it here. Thanks for the superb thread though. :)[/quote']

Hope that's better.

Hernanes of Sao Paulo should stay at 89.

VITORIA

ANDERSON MARTINS, Viera, CB, 21/84

One of the leaders of the Vitoria squad, which is holding its own. Over 2000 minutes, 22 starts. Small rise to 86.

VANDERSON, Carlos, CM/DM, 28/83

Another of the starters, he's close to the 2000 minute mark, with 22 starts as well. Rise to 85.

MARQUINHOS, Goncalves, AM/F, 18/80

The 18 year old is having a breakout year, one of the most gifted players ont the team. 19 starts for an 18 year old in the top league in Brazil is very good. So are his 5 goals and 3 assists. Rise to 85.

RAMON MENEZES, Hubner, AM, 36/83

Tiny ex-Leverkusen and ex-international is back in style this season. 7 goals from 18 starts and 4 sub apps is good enough for a 2 point rise to 85.

WILLIANS SANTANA, Santos, AM, 20/76

You may or may not remember me mentionning this one in may, when he was first getting starts rated 70. Well, my friends, those starts have not stopped. He has 22 starts. and 1 sub appearance. Rise to 84.

WALLACE, Reis da Silva, CB, 20/72

This kid is starting wayy to many games to still be rated a lowly 72, 9 games warrant an increase to 77.

CORITIBA

12. VANDERLEI, Farias, G, 24/75

Sharing the starters role with Edson Bastos (83), he has 13 matches played, as opposed to Edson's 14. 5 point rise to 80.

26. GUARU, Alexandre, LB, 26/72

Slowly being integrated into the starting lineup, and starting to get at least some minutes every match. He has 10 substitute appearances to go with his 5 starts, making 735 minutes. Add to that a goal and an assist, and I see an 8 point rise to 80.

4. FELIPE, Trevizan, CB, 21/71

Most of his performances came right after the last rating changes. This defenders has 10 starts and 3 sub appearances. 4 yellow cards, he'll have to be careful. Increase to 80.

3. MAURICIO, Donizeti, CB, 23/82

He won't get the +7 that he got last round, but he should be good for another +3. Leads his teams in minutes and starts with 2118 and 24 respectivly. Add in a goal and an assist, and he'll get his 85.

15. LEANDRO DONIZETE, Goncalves, DM, 26/77

Experienced DM is starting about half the matches, should be good for a rise of 4. 11 starts, 1 sub. 81 for him.

5. RODRIGO MANCHA, Santos, DM, 22/78

He took off out of nowhere this season. 22 sfull starts, over 2000 minutes. +6 to 84.

9. KEIRRISON, Carneiro, F, 19/83

His record speaks for himself. In his first 100 games with Vitoria, the 19 year old scored 54 times. This season, in 19 starts, keepers picked the ball out of the net 14 times. He is a future star, I'd rise him to 88 immediatly, but SM won't. So 86 for him.

I cant see anything on Pereira WELLINGTON PAULISTA can i get an update on him as ive got a lot of conficting information SM has his age wrong as he's 24 not 25 ESPN, WIKI and Botafogos website stat he was born on the 22/04/1984. so for starters he will rise there....;)

secondly my Portuguese is terrible and cant find a reliable source for stats i think ESPN is wrong they say hes scored 11gls.

someone please help

SPORT

KASSIO, Rinaldo, AM, 21/72

Kassio is starting to get some first team minutes. He has started 8 matches, and featured as a substitute in 2 more. Rise to 77.

ROGER, Rodrigues, CF, 23/80

Roger, a highly touted youngster on a one year loan from Sao Paulo, has made the most of his year in Recife. He has 9 goals in 17 starts, adding in 2 sub apps. Also chipped in 6 assists. Rise to 84.

MINEIRO

EDSON, Pereira, G, 23/80

Took over the starting spot from Juninho. Has started 19 of the matches so far. Rise to 84.

GEDEON, Conceicao, AM, 27/74

Nice to see the 27 year old finally get a chance. Doubt he'll be much profit to anyone, but 3 starts and 5 subs, including 2 goals and an assist, should get him up to 78.

RENAN OLIVEIRA, Henrique, AM/F, 18/75

Has been playing much more than others in the squad, including 84 rated Renan, who he is not to be confused with. 2 goals in 16 starts, over 1200 minutes played. Rise to 82.

SANTOS

TIAGO LUIS, Martins, F, 19/79

Young standout has been drawing a lot of attention from Spain, where Valencia, Real Madrid and Sevilla are all reported to be seeking his signature. He has justified it this season, 1 goal in 500 mins, 6 starts and 5 subs. Rise to 82.

THIAGO CARLETO, Alves, LB, 19/75

Another youth who has been linked to big clubs, this time Real and Manchester United. Very similar minutes to Tiago Luis, he has 425 mins, 5 starts and 3 sub apps. Rise to 79, but keep an eye out on him, he has a 5mil price tag.

DOUGLAS, Renato, G, 25/80

Finally getting a chance to share time with Diego Costa, he actually has more games then the legend. 15, compared to Costa's 10. Rise to 84.

FIGUEIRENSE

ANDERSON LUIZ, Ribeiro, RB/RM, 20/82

Youngster has been key in a midfield role for Figu this season.17 starts and 2 sub appearances, over 1500 mins. Rise to 85.

BRUNO AGUIAR, Henrique, CB, 22/75

Signed this season from lower side Mirassol. Jumped right in, having scored a goal and started 18 times. Rise to 83.

WILLIAM MATHEUS, Silva, LB/CB, 18/73

Another kid jumping into the lineup, he has started 10 times and subbed in twice. Highly regarded within the organization. Rise to 79.

BRUNO PERONE, Caldini, CB, 21/72

In case you havn't noticed, Figueirense have been using a very inexperience defense. This one has started 6 and subbed into 4. Rise to 77.

NAUTICO

NEGRETTI, Wanderson, CB, 22/80

One of the leaders of the back line, he has a goal in 19 appearances. Good for 84.

EDUARDO ERE, Bruno, DM, 20/75

Over 1100 minutes spread over 14 apps is good enough to get him to 80 IMO.

PARANAENSE

CHICO, Luis, CM, 21/72

Atletico have been using a lot of the same players, so it's surprising that Chico has found a spot. 1300 minutes playes, 13 starts, 3 subs. Wait, why is he still 72? Rise to 81.

RENAN, Rodrigues, DM, 18/73

Just slightly managed to get game time, 6 starts and 530 minutes. It should be good enough for a rise to 77.

PORTUGUESA

VAGUINHO, Luiz, F, 27/75

Super sub has only one goal, but 15 sub appearances to go with his 3 starts. Rise to 79.

FLUMINENSE

TARTA, Vinicius, AM/F, 19/77

Tarta is one of the few who integrated a Fluminense club who have been woeful. However, 2 goals in 23 apps make for a nice rise to 82.

MAICON, Bittencourt, F, 18/70

364 minutes for the highly touted 18 year old, who is still chasing his first goal. That's 3 starts and 5 subs. Rise to 76.

VASCO DA GAMA

EDU, Soares Pina, LB, 19/72

Cracked the Vasco starters, consistently starting for a while now. Totals 885 minutes in 12 starts. Should get a rise up to 80.

VICTOR, Silva de Oliveira, CB, 20/72

6 starts, 1 sub. 445 mins. Rise to 76.

MADSON, Formagini, AM/LM, 22/80

This youngster has been a standout, scoring twice in 17 matches. Rise to 83.

ALEX TEXEIRA, Santo, AM/F, 18/77

This very much in demand youngster (Everton, Man U), has scored 5 times in over 1000 minutes. He deserves a +5 to 82.

Re: Risers from every side in Brazil.

Insider, i think you forgot somebody :P

MARLOS , Romero - according to guardian he played just over 1300 minutes and he also scored 3 times. Coritiba are currently in 6th place so an increase of at least +5 from his 78 is pretty much certain