Reuben NOBLE LAZARUS - Youngest Player in English Football League History

danny_ccfc

Barnsley youngster last night made history by becoming the youngest debutant ever in the English Football League at the age of just 15 and 45 days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7645562.stm

The young forward has impressed Barnsley boss Simon Davey at various youth age groups and has now decided to make him part of the first team.

at the age of just 15, hes a long term prospect. However with his appearance last night it means he will be appearing on the database, hopefully today.

He could be worth purchasing.

Re: Reuben Noble-Lazarus - Youngest Player In English Football League History

Read about this kid in the paper today. Apparently the Barnsley manager wanted to play him in a league cup game earlier this season but was told he couldn't as you're not allowed to play anyone who's only 14!!

He also appeared for their academy team at the age of just 12!! So quite clearly he's an outstanding talent.

I just hope he stays and develops at Barnsley and doesn't get lost at one of the big 4 clubs or Spurs.

Just to emphasise the point, this kid has only just started his last year at school - so won't be playing regular for a long time yet. Added to that, our manager is an imbecile who has bought over 7 strikers in 2 years - only one of whom has scored over 4 goals- so he doesn't exactly have an eye for striking talent, more desperation. Davey first wanted to play him in the last game of last year, not in the League Cup (whatever he may have said-he's a liar too) and is most likely to be getting the sack very soon. So while I hope he becomes good for our sake, I'd wait and see first - normally guys who are as good as Lazarus is being made out to be have already been snaffled by one of the big guns at this age.

he has only made 1 appearence and could be just a normal low league player but sticks out because his age.

speaking of Wilshere, he was shocking in the reserve match against Aston Villa, played nothing like he was playing in pre-season.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I've seen some vids of Lazarus and he is very fast. I think he will get more opportunities with the current manager, Simon Davey, because he was the youth coach who played him when he was 12 with the 18 year-olds.

He is a long way from Championship football

The only reason that he got on the pitch was because the manager is trying to deflect some of the attention way from the fact that his job is hanging in the balance. It wouldn't surprise if the main reason was so that if he doess make it big some time, that Davey can say 'I gave him his big break'. I have seen him play a couple of times in the reserves, and I would say that was his level at the moment. I would be surprised if he made any impact at all this year. Jamil Adam is the better young talent, but there would be no kudos for Davey. I think it will be a long time before he gets into the high 70s

Read about this kid in the paper today. Apparently the Barnsley manager wanted to play him in a league cup game earlier this season but was told he couldn't as you're not allowed to play anyone who's only 14!!

He also appeared for their academy team at the age of just 12!! So quite clearly he's an outstanding talent.

I just hope he stays and develops at Barnsley and doesn't get lost at one of the big 4 clubs or Spurs.

That is the main thing. There;ve been lots of 'talents' gone and become wasted by going to big clubs, especially Spurs. Wayne Routelege is one, Victor Moses is another +_ The few first teamers who've been watsed at Spuyrs by chasing the money. he really should stay at Barnsley to play football and not "develop as a footballer".

Still, he's only 14 - so his mummy and daddy will take care of that for him. lol. :P. Nevertheless, I think Barnsley ewill give him a pay as you play contract, that'd be well cool getting paid £500 to play a football match! Sod playing with the Schoolboys.. i'd rather play with the real bigboys. lol

That is the main thing. There;ve been lots of 'talents' gone and become wasted by going to big clubs' date=' especially Spurs. Wayne Routelege is one, Victor Moses is another +_ The few first teamers who've been watsed at Spuyrs by chasing the money. he really should stay at Barnsley to play football and not "develop as a footballer".

Still, he's only 14 - so his mummy and daddy will take care of that for him. lol. :P. Nevertheless, I think Barnsley ewill give him a pay as you play contract, that'd be well cool getting paid £500 to play a football match! Sod playing with the Schoolboys.. i'd rather play with the real bigboys. lol[/quote']

How has Moses been ruined? As far as I'm aware he came through the Palace youth team, last season started making appearances and this season on the brink of the first team? Seen him a few times as well, very, very promising.

How has Moses been ruined? As far as I'm aware he came through the Palace youth team' date=' last season started making appearances and this season on the brink of the first team? Seen him a few times as well, very, very promising.[/quote']

He didn't say he'd be ruined just wasted, but anyway I think he meant Bostock who went to Spurs, not Moses. Moses is in Palace's first team and scored for them last saturday.

Can see his point if he did mean Bostock, he clearly went for the money. He'd have been better playing championship football at Palace instead of youth and reserve football at Spurs.

He didn't say he'd be ruined just wasted' date=' but anyway I think he meant Bostock who went to Spurs, not Moses. Moses is in Palace's first team and scored for them last saturday.

Can see his point if he did mean Bostock, he clearly went for the money. He'd have been better playing championship football at Palace instead of youth and reserve football at Spurs.[/quote']

Meh, what's the difference? :P

Ye, gonna say. Bostock's an idiot. Ok, he gets more money now, but I'd personally rather be playing, or the brink of the first team, alongside players you've grown up with, rather than at a bigger club, away from family and never gonna play for at least 2 years. Ok, it's easier to say it when you're not in his situation, but still...

waste of a reserve if you ask me. Donny were there for the taking. Could have gone in for the kill and got another 2 goals in that last 6 minutes with a fresh pair of legs that knew what they were doing!!! Might come down to goal difference in the end

A brilliant time to be Reuben Noble-Lazarus but will this player turn into a star? So much excitement regarding the youngster but will he live upto expectations?

I can imagine the player being snapped up in every setup, every existing gold championship but the investment may have it's downfalls too. :o

Hope Reuben Noble-Lazarus a bright career ahead of him and hope he is given his chance to shine. He needs confidence and the ability to deal with pressure. And I'm sure he will be looked after older players and advice will be given which is brilliant.

So good luck Reuben Noble-Lazarus, good thread and keep the discussions going.

Going on a couple of the comments from Barnsley supporters it doesn't sound as though he's as outstanding as we're led to believe. Although to appear for the academy team at 12, and the first team at 15 is pretty amazing.

However i was watching the England under 16s on friday night and was thinking if he's 15 and is actually that good, then why is he not in the England team?

Going on a couple of the comments from Barnsley supporters it doesn't sound as though he's as outstanding as we're led to believe. Although to appear for the academy team at 12' date=' and the first team at 15 is pretty amazing.

However i was watching the England under 16s on friday night and was thinking if he's 15 and is actually that good, then why is he not in the England team?[/quote']

Those players are all my age, and I know 2 of them (not personally, but played against them at school/club level). But you'll notice, all those in the U16's are Premiership youth players. For some reason, only the Prem youth players are ever looked at for U16, 17, 18 and even 19 level, and the selectors never pick players from lower leagues.

Although maybe of course, those Prem youth players are better than Noble-Lazarus anyway, but just can't get into their teams because the first teams are so much better than Barnsley?

From todays News of world

ASTON VILLA chief Martin O'Neill lead the race to land wonderkid Reuben Noble-Lazarus.

The Barnsley striker was just 15 years and 45 days when he faced Ipswich in midweek to seize the title of the youngest player in Football League history.

Noble-Lazarus has not yet signed professional terms at Oakwell but the club will still demand £2million in compensation if he goes.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

From todays News of world

ASTON VILLA chief Martin O'Neill lead the race to land wonderkid Reuben Noble-Lazarus.

The Barnsley striker was just 15 years and 45 days when he faced Ipswich in midweek to seize the title of the youngest player in Football League history.

Noble-Lazarus has not yet signed professional terms at Oakwell but the club will still demand £2million in compensation if he goes.

I don't trust that rag.