carrick overlooked

dwilds

Re: carrick overlooked

Isn't he injured?

He is, but this is the first time I think a player deserves to rise despite him being injured. First off, he should have risen to 92 last time, but was injured also I believe, and it's unfathomable how Utd. that accomplished so much these past two seasons could have such a weak midfield. If Carrick wasn't injured, he would easily be knocking on a 93. Carrick plays for a better team and against stronger competition than Barry, and Carrick surely has been giving more on the pitch than Alonso has for the past two years. 92 is the least SM could do for him, injured or not.

Look Scholes could easily have taken back his 94 for the awsome displays he showed all of last season, and the beginning of this season, but since he got injured I'm not going to argue that he should be given a rise, especially b/c he's so old. Carrick is a different situation however, and has been incredibly underrated for some time now.

He hasn't been injured for two years solid though...is that not the period of time that a players form' date=' and rating, is measured over? Scandolous imo[/quote']

Sorry but NO WAY is he worth a 92, thats ludicrous! And Hargreaves, what a waste of money :rolleyes:

Neither have played for the national team for an age, their injured, they have been replaced by the vastly superior Anderson and Scholes in CM. Even Giggs is doing better than them in CM... :o

If u think they shld hv risen ur either blinded by club loyalty or on weed, im gonna hope the former :P

I read a thread not to long ago about Manchester United winning the Champions League and domestic league etc. and yet their player ratings are way behind Europe’s top teams. Although I rate him highly for the future I don't see how Anderson can warrant a rise and Carrick not.

Also I don't see how Skrtel is a 91 rated defender, just one example of many but Wes Brown played all last season (winning CL and domestic) and is rated 90, how is Skrtel therefore higher!!

I read a thread not to long ago about Manchester United winning the Champions League and domestic league etc. and yet their player ratings are way behind Europe’s top teams. Although I rate him highly for the future I don't see how Anderson can warrant a rise and Carrick not.

Also I don't see how Skrtel is a 91 rated defender' date=' just one example of many but Wes Brown played all last season (winning CL and domestic) and is rated 90, how is Skrtel therefore higher!![/quote']

Totally correct mate, I dont understand it either.

Sorry but NO WAY is he worth a 92' date=' thats ludicrous! And Hargreaves, what a waste of money :rolleyes:

Neither have played for the national team for an age, their injured, they have been replaced by the vastly superior Anderson and Scholes in CM. Even Giggs is doing better than them in CM... :o

If u think they shld hv risen ur either blinded by club loyalty or on weed, im gonna hope the former :P[/quote']

Carrick is worth 92 easily, Hargreaves i can understand because of his fitness.

Carrick's only been injured a week and a half... no way he deserves to miss out for that.

Hargreaves is an absolute quality player, and he played a big part in last season's success.

Yer the Wes Brown thing is ridiculous... how can he be on the same rating as Gary Neville who he played a whole season instead of... and how can Sagna get a 92 for playing all season for Arsenal, and playing for France, when Brown played all season for the double winners and is now the regular England right back................

what's all that about?

Scholes 94 as well :P

carrick isn't better than barry. One is playing for england, one is not. Who is better, and who is not :rolleyes:

and wes brown isn't spectacular imo, perhaps it's harsh not to give him his 91, but he wouldn't go higher than that. Pretty much in a similar situation to lell, who despite playing for 3/4 of a season for bayern, winning the double and still stayed at 89.

god knows what sm is thinking :D

cheers

carrick isn't better than barry. One is playing for england' date=' one is not. Who is better, and who is not :rolleyes:

and wes brown isn't spectacular imo, perhaps it's harsh not to give him his 91, but he wouldn't go higher than that. Pretty much in a similar situation to lell, who despite playing for 3/4 of a season for bayern, winning the double and still stayed at 89.

god knows what sm is thinking :D

cheers[/quote']

Carrick IS better than Barry. Carrick is much more deserving of a 92. Carrick is currently a premier league champion and champions league holder, and a United regular.

Can Barry boast such facts? No.

Carrick IS better than Barry. Carrick is much more deserving of a 92. Carrick is currently a premier league champion and champions league holder' date=' and a United regular.

Can Barry boast such facts? No.[/quote']

Ye but Barry isn't injured, he is playing regular in the UEFA cup and England internationals which is way more than Carrick is playing atm. Also i'm sure both Barry and Hargreaves would be picked over Carrick for the England holding role.

Ye but Barry isn't injured' date=' he is playing regular in the UEFA cup and England internationals which is way more than Carrick is playing atm. Also i'm sure both Barry and Hargreaves would be picked over Carrick for the England holding role.[/quote']

it doesn't go just off the present time though... Since the last ratings, Carrick has won the league and the CL... i don't see how people can argue him not having a 92...

it doesn't go just off the present time though... Since the last ratings' date=' Carrick has won the league and the CL... i don't see how people can argue him not having a 92...[/quote']

Ok then why isn't Essien 96? Eduardo 91? Becaure they're injured after they were playing well. Just like Carrick is. Although Anderson being 91 makes 91 look worse for Carrick.

Ok then why isn't Essien 96? Eduardo 91? Becaure they're injured after they were playing well. Just like Carrick is. Although Anderson being 91 makes 91 look worse for Carrick.

Carrick has been injured for a few weeks! what has that got to do with anything?

Eduardo and Essien are/have been out long term. The majority of players in the EPL will pick up an injury keeping them out of action for a few weeks over the course of a season, doesnt mean they dont go up because of it.

Also, when you say Barry is playing regular for a side in the UEFA cup, Carrick if not injured currently would be a regular in the United team who are the best in Europe, so that argument holds no water in my view.

Looking at the bigger picture it is clear Carrick should be 92.

Carrick has been injured for a few weeks! what has that got to do with anything?

Eduardo and Essien are/have been out long term. The majority of players in the EPL will pick up an injury keeping them out of action for a few weeks over the course of a season' date=' doesnt mean they dont go up because of it.

Also, when you say Barry is playing regular for a side in the UEFA cup, Carrick if not injured currently would be a regular in the United team who are the best in Europe, so that argument holds no water in my view.

Looking at the bigger picture it is clear Carrick should be 92.[/quote']

:):):):):)

Eduardo and Essien are/have been out long term. The majority of players in the EPL will pick up an injury keeping them out of action for a few weeks over the course of a season' date=' doesnt mean they dont go up because of it.

Looking at the bigger picture it is clear Carrick should be 92.[/quote']

If you don't think being injured is a reason why players shouldn't get an increase then I can't be bothered to disagree.

it doesn't go just off the present time though... Since the last ratings' date=' Carrick has won the league and the CL... i don't see how people can argue him not having a 92...[/quote']

Wrong Man Utd have won those, Carrick has sat on the bench and gone "0 look at all the pretty trophies Christiano and Wayne have won for us :D"

Carrick is no better or no worse than Garreth Barry in my opinion. Both being 91 is fine. I do think Hargreaves is better though. If he hadn't had injury problems, I'd say he should be 92, or 93 at a stretch if he's on form.

Totally agree with irishwombat about Wes Brown. He may not be the best going forward, but he's really come on over the past year and is possibly more defensively solid than any other RB in the Prem. Excellent player.

Wrong Man Utd have won those' date=' Carrick has sat on the bench and gone "0 look at all the pretty trophies Christiano and Wayne have won for us :D"[/quote']

Haha, I love the way this is coming from a fan of a team who haven't won for anything for four years.

Anyway, Carrick made 48 appearances last season for the Premiership Champions, European Champions, and, arguably, the best team in the world. I think he deserves a 92.