Finnish youngsters

make_11

Finland's U21 team qualified into UEFA European Under-21 Championship next year after beating Austria by penalty shootout. I picked some interesting players from the team.

Tomi Maanoja: GK, Has played last 8 games for AIK. Saved two penalties against Austria. Could get to Finland's A-team someday. Currently in database 77.

Jukka Raitala: Def, Currently playing for HJK but might get to AEK Athens january as AEK's scouts have been watcing him. In DB 77

Joni Aho: CB, regular for FC Inter. I saw this game against Austria and few other his games. He has totally made an impression to me. Can get abroad soon. In DB 78

Jussi Vasara: RM/AM, came on field at 50th min and saved Finland to the extra time with his 2 goals. 2 goals don't tell everything but i'll be watching him. Quite regular for FC Honka, in DB 75

Perparim Hetemaj: AM/W, was suspended from the Austria match but was very important for Finland during gualifing. Has came few times to field as a sub for AEK Athens, but I think he could get more and more playing time. In DB 80

Aleksandr Kokko: Fwd, fighting for the title of best scorer in "Veikkausliiga"(highest division in Finland). Good scorer with 11 goals in 22 games. Should get to a bigger club abroad maybe next year, in DB 77

There are more promising players in the team but these came first to my mind. If Finland's U21 team plays well in European Championship, players have great chances to get into bigger clubs like in Sweden or Greece, where have gone many young finns last years.

Here are few more promising players from Finland that are not playing for the U21 team:

Roman Eremenko: CM, has already became regular and important players for Finland's A-team(only 21 years old!). Playing in Ukraine for Dynamo Kiev. Very interesting player. Is now on DB 85, but if he becomes a regular for Dynamo, he can even hit 90 someday.

Teemu Pukki: Fwd, 18 years old, scored only goal in Sevilla Athletico's 1-0 win from Real Sociedad lately(Spanish second division). He's also playing for Finlands U19 team. Very promising player who has got much attention in Finland's media, in DB 75

Lauri Dalla Valle: Fwd, only 17 years old and like Pukki he has got very much attention by Finland's football media. Another promising youngster who is playing for Finland's U19. For about year ago Chelsea offered 1 000 000£ for him but Liverpool snapped him. Played well in Liverpool's academy scoring many goals and were picked up for reserves and if I remember right he has already scored for the reserves few times. Not yet in DB.

I'm not saying these guys would be must buys, but very promising players though.

I might add some more players later.

Re: Finnish youngsters

I think I could add Berat Sadik to the list.

Berat Sadik is playing for Arminia Bielefeld in Germany. This far has came on 6 times as a sub in eight games(yet no goals). Totally 121 mins. 22-year attacker who has played for Finland's U21 and lately he has been called up for A-team(played in couple friendlies). He could be the replacer for Mikael Forsell if he fights his way to Bielefeld's starting line-up. He's in DB rated 80. Promising player.

• 2 weeks later...

Roman Eremenko

5926665-big.jpg

Roman Eremenko played a full 90 mins when Dynamo Kiev won Tavriya 1-3 last saturdy. This was one of his first 90 min matches in Dynamo. Now he has totally 9 appearences in something like 20 matces(Ukraine league, Ukraine cup and Champions league). He has also scored once.

If he keep playing and get more and more 90 mins(which I believe in), I think he can get rise to 86(or even 87 if he can make his way to the starting 11) when Ukraine rating changes come.

Mika Ojala

Mika Ojala is a Finnish midfielder/forward currently playing for FC Inter. Inter just won Finland championship and Ojala was Inter's best scorer with 8 goals. He totally played 2309 minutes in 26 games which is 3rd highest amount in the team. Only defenders Jos Hooivelt and Joni Aho(who I mentioned before) played more than him. Is now in DB 78 and is likely to rise 80/81 when Finland is checked. I'm sure he will leave Inter and go abroad(if not after this season, at least after next season). Has potential to play for Finland's A-team and become a 85 rated someday.

Tomi Maanoja

179_5.jpg

Tomi Maanoja is Finland's U21 goalkeeper who became first choice to AIK after moving there from FC Honka. He left FC Honka in august this year and made Nicklas Bergh AIK's 2nd keeper right away. Maanoja has played 14 matches for Honka and 10 matches for AIK this year. He is now rated 77 and I expect him to rise around 80 at the end of Swedish league. Next years U21 European championship is a big chance to him, altought he has a contract of three more years. I think he should stay in AIK now when he plays regulary. But after few years I believe he can get to a bigger club somewhere else.

Aleksandr Kokko

Aleksandr Kokko after all shared the title of the top scorer in Veikkausliiga. He scored 13 goals and made 6 assists, in 26 matches (23 starts 3 subs) with totally 1728 minutes. So he played in every match for FC Honka, whose final rank was second, 4 points behind the leader. At least Swedish teams should be interested in Veikkausliiga's top scorer, but Kokko still has 2 year contract with Honka. I'm sure he will go abroad (most of Finnish youngsters go to Sweden first, so maybe there) following years. He's now rated 77 and next rating changes he should get a 79/80. Potential 85 attacker.

Timo Furuholm

2.jpg

Timo Furuholm, 21-years old forward won the Finnish champion with FC Inter. He seemed to be going for the top scorer-title, scoring 4 goals in 6 first matches. But then due the bad injury, his season was practically over. He came on as a sub in three last matches, but wasn't in fit anymore. He was also called up for the U21 team. For the next season, he is one of the top scorer candidates in Veikkausliiga. He's now rated 77, and due the injury that ruined his season, he is not propably getting any rise this time, but if he startes next season like he did this season and keeps up good form, I'm waiting him to rise 80/81 after next season. Let's see what happens when the new season begins;)

P.S. He hasn't this kind of hair anymore;)

Teemu Pukki

Teemu Pukki, borned 29/3/1990, is a finnish footballer playing for Sevilla's reserves Sevilla Athletico, who is playing in Spanish second division. Yesterday he scored a goal in their 2-2 draw against Alaves. After making his his debut against Real Sociedad(scored the only goal in 1-0 win), he has played 5 games out of 6, and made 3 goals. Pukki is currently Sevilla Atletico's best scorer this season. He moved to Sevilla in January 2008 and signed 3,5 year contract. Due these good performances, he will surely get more playing time, and I believe he has got good chances to get training with Sevilla's first team next years.

In DB he is currently rated 75. However, the bad news is that Sevilla Atletico is currently on the last position in second division, so Pukki propably won't get very big rise next time Spain is checked(at the end of the season?). But if they get higher on the table, I think Pukki has chances to rise 77/78. Remember that Pukki is still only 18, so he will definitely rise 80+ if he is taken into Sevilla's first team or somewhere else playing first team football(which I believe in). As he is such promising forward, I'm expecting even 85+. Let's see what happens;)

Here's a video of Teemu Pukki's 1-0 goal against Real Sociedad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyzXGcDojyM&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

Some Finland rating changes have came. It looks like some teams hasn't been checked yet. At least HJK hasn't got any rating changes, so I'm waiting for Jukka Raitala to get a rise.

Changes happened to players mentioned in this thread:

Joni Aho, CB, FC Inter, 78-->80

Mika Ojala, RM/AM, FC Inter 78-->81

Timo Furuholm, Fwd, FC Inter, 77--->78

Alekandr Kokko, Fwd, FC Honka, 77-->80

Jussi Vasara, CM, FC Honka, 75-->78

• 2 weeks later...

Teemu Pukki

Teemu Pukki' date=' borned 29/3/1990, is a finnish footballer playing for Sevilla's reserves Sevilla Athletico, who is playing in Spanish second division. Yesterday he scored a goal in their 2-2 draw against Alaves. After making his his debut against Real Sociedad(scored the only goal in 1-0 win), he has played 5 games out of 6, and made 3 goals. Pukki is currently Sevilla Atletico's best scorer this season. He moved to Sevilla in January 2008 and signed 3,5 year contract. Due these good performances, he will surely get more playing time, and I believe he has got good chances to get training with Sevilla's first team next years.

In DB he is currently rated 75. However, the bad news is that Sevilla Atletico is currently on the last position in second division, so Pukki propably won't get very big rise next time Spain is checked(at the end of the season?). But if they get higher on the table, I think Pukki has chances to rise 77/78. Remember that Pukki is still only 18, so he will definitely rise 80+ if he is taken into Sevilla's first team or somewhere else playing first team football(which I believe in). As he is such promising forward, I'm expecting even 85+. Let's see what happens;)

Here's a video of Teemu Pukki's 1-0 goal against Real Sociedad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyzXGcDojyM&feature=related

Teemu Pukki was sitting on the bench yesterday when Sevilla won Real Madrid 3-4. It was his first time in Sevilla's first team line-up. He didn't get any minutes yet, but I think he will make his first team debut later this season.

• 1 month later...

WILHEIM INGVES - IFK MARIEHAMN

19yrs old

Ingves is dubbed as a future prospect for the Finland national team having burst into the veikkauslliga with a goal on his league debut for IFK against MyPa in2008. He is already regular with IFK and the Finland u19's.

He has turned down an offer from Ascoli and recently had a trial with Heerenveen with Mika Ojala

He is on DB at 75 but is one for the future

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add here Eero Korte. He plays for FC Lahti in Finland and last season he made a breaktrough and I think he'll be a regular for FC Lahti next season.

21 yo, 78 in DB. Isn't perhaps a must buy but should get a rise to over 80 during next season