Gold Championship 38 Transfers And Match Reports

Re: Gold Championship 38 Transfers And Match Reports

juventus.jpg

Gignac joins Hunts Juve

p.jpg

Andre-Pierre GIGNAC joins Juventus

Today Juventus have announced they have completed the signing of French sensation Andre-Pierre GIGNAC from German side Borussia Mochengladbach. Gignac is the first player to arrive at Juve since Hunt took over at the club. The deal saw £3m plus English forward Michael Owen head to Germany.

Rhys Hunt spoke to SMTV about the signing and said "He is a great talent and prospect. He will be good for us and is definitely one for the future so he is a good buy and I'm glad we have him at the club!".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gc38 Transfers And Match Reports FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. Gadga is off to russia as the new manager of DINAMO MOSKVA, gadga is unsure of the squad but what i can see on paper they aren't a b

Re: GC38 Manchester United Match Reports/Transfer News United Push-Over Bolton Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Tonight United Took On Bolton In The First Game Of Second Season And Out Played Th

juventus.jpg

Juve have had 3 games since the last time I posted on the thread. Mixed results; 0-0 draw with Sampdoria, 2-0 loss to Genoa and tonight they faced probably the toughest test since Hunt took over at the club when they faced Milan, and it lived up to the expectations with a fantastic 4-3 win to Juventus.

In the Milan game, Marchisio bagged two goals, with Gignac and Vukcevic getitng the others. The win moves Juve up to 12th and not far away from the European places which Hunt has said is the top priority. :)

• 1 month later...

juventus.jpg

Well season 3 has now finished, and I managed to save Juve from relegation. When I took over the club they were 2nd from bottom in Serie A, but this season they finished 10th in the table, and 8 points off a SMFA Shield spot.

This is what my managerial record in charge of Juve looks like:

Played: 25

Won: 14

Drawn: 5

Lost: 6

I'm very pleased with this as it shows great progress was made. The squad is looking good, as I've brought in lots of new players, and it has very good depth. A nice little signing I brought in was Freitas KLEBER from Cruzeiro for chairman value, he managed to score 9 goals in 10 games for Juventus this season. :D

I ended this season on a 12 game unbeaten run. Next season I will hope to mount a big title challenge to knock Allan and Inter off top spot in Italy!

Cruzeiro hunt for first SMFA Shield!!

With the End of the season nearing Cruzeiro are hunting down success after finishing a disappointing 3rd place in a league.

After defeating a very young and promising New York side 4-0 on aggregate Chris Antonelli's Cruzeiro are hopeful of securing their first silverware of the season.

Cruzeiro go into the game as severe underdogs against a strong liverpool team with rating surpassing that of their own by ten fold. In previous round they have over come better opponents such as Lyon so can this feat be achieved against liverpool who are known to be the favourite team of Cruzeiro manager Chris Antonelli.

All will be decided on the 27th hope to see you all there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I discovered a nice little nugget of joy for my Juventus.

They have qualified for the SMFA Shield, even though they finished 10th in the table, meaning other teams who were in the SMFA Shield spots due to league position have qualified for the competition another way, so I managed to bag a European spot. :D

Happy days!

P.S The only bad thing is no-one seems to want to do deals...

Buffon, Del Piero, Poulsen, Sissoko and many more are for sale!

I'm just looking for younger replacements for Del Piero, Buffon and Poulsen. :)

Willing to sell cheaply!

• 2 months later...

140_1204773136.gif

14 wins and 1 draw in the past 15 games, going well for Barca as they retain the Spanish Shield, beating Athletic Club 4-1 last night. Pedro, Jean Makoun, Marama Vahirua and Rafael Marquez all scored as the reserves continue their good form.

With the club 7 points clear in the league after 19 games, in a good position in their tough Champions Cup group, and having already won the Charity Shield, the possibility of winning 5 trophies this season remains although there's still a long way to go yet.

In transfer news, in the past month or so, a few moves have been made which started with Manchester United youngster Matt James joining for just £450k. That was followed by Bordeaux's Ludovic Sane who joined for £250k. RSC Anderlecht's Rubenilson Kanu was then added to the squad for £2.4 million, another young talent to be signed by Barca.

Then came the news of Thierry Henry's exit just days after being placed on the transfer list. Despite scoring 54 times in 75 games since Season 1, along with 37 assists, he found himself searching for a new home with River Plate and Portsmouth both making offers. Henry had played just once this year for Barca, a game in which he created 3 goals, before suffering a serious injury from which he has only just recovered from, and it was this that ended his career at the Spanish giants with the club not prepared to take a risk on his fitness.

Barca offered him out to teams, using the opportunity to bring in the new CM needed as well as a replacement striker. River Plate are rumoured to have offered cash + left-back Emiliano Insua, but Pompey's offer of Jermain Defoe and Niko Kranjcar was one that was impossible to turn down. Despite Kranjcar being a left-sided player, he will play in central midfield for the club and has already made an impressive start.

As well as this, Catania centre-back Matias Silvestre was brought in for £8.6 million, a move which looks likely to end Cristian Zaccardo's career at Barcelona. Both Silvestre and Kranjcar made their debuts last night in the Shield Final.

• 1 month later...

Shakhtar Sale

All players at shakhtar are available.. Looking for 90+ players and will be willing to part-ex 2/3 of my players for the right person...

I have 23 players rated between 88-91, if you have a 90+ player your looking to sell then drop me a line and hopefully we can sort a deal :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad season for Barca. League, Spanish Shield and Charity Shield already won this season, with the Semi of the Spanish Cup tomorrow against Valencia.

Disappointing that we went out of the Champions Cup in the 1st Round to Milan with both games coming in a dodgy few weeks.

Finished on 95 points in the league, 11 ahead of Valencia and a +93 GD having scored 128 goals.

Santa Cruz finishes 2nd in the Top Scorers with 21 in 21 games, Messi 3rd with 20. Eto'o 6th, Xavi 17th, Bojan 18th.

Eto'o most assists with 26, Santa Cruz 3rd with 15, also in the top 25 were Messi, Bojan, and Defoe with 9 in 5 games.

Average performances dominated by Barca players, top was Eto'o followed by Xavi, Messi 4th, Bojan 5th, Xavi 6th, Valdes 8th, Santa Cruz 10th, Govou 16th and Bernardello 20th.

Took me 4 seasons, but I've finally got them winning :P

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THE STORY SO FAR . . .

Took over Villareal on the 2nd of August 2010. Villareal were struggling to hang onto second, with Barce looking as if they would walk the league. First game was that day, away to LA Galaxy in a Champs Cup game. Played my sesond side and won 2-0, which was a must if I needed to qualify (failed to in the end as drew with Spurs in the last grp game :().

Since I took over, I've played 22 games.

In the league:

Played 18

12 Wins

3 Draws

3 Defeats

The wins included at 4-1 win at home to Barca, 2-0 win away to Sevilla and a 2-0 win at home to Atletico.

The latest result was a disappointing 1-1 draw with Hercules after a run of 8 straight victories, but since Barca also drew, I still remain joint top on 80 pts(with a much inferior GD). My next game is at home to Real Madrid, which is a must win game, like every other coming up.

Good luck to the Barca manager, may the best man win :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

462_1224426825.jpg

NYTimeSq.jpg

New York Welcome New Coach!

Today after a 140 game rain in charge of NY Red Bulls top coach Ricc Hoffey stood down from his post as the coach. Quick to step up to make them even better was young English manager Mattuie Beckett. He has said his squad is looking great and he has already let it know he has big aims with a leek Maicon is a top aim. The new coach has a big way too prove his worth here but after wining nine cups before coming too this squad he could be the right man to make this team even better. USA are in the Champions league and we are then team too make a impact. I have the big aim of Champions league football and I feel players like Milito who has hit 28 goals this season could be key in us making a impact world wide we will bring in one or two top names it is just a matter of when and who.

462_1224426825.jpg

Chelseas-Fernando-Torres-007.jpg

Torres Coming To MLS From EPL

With 183 games too his name with 99 goals in Spain and England Fernando Torres is moving to USA. New York is paying big time to bring the 27 year old to the MLS and coach Beckett has said this season has been good, the squad has lost its best manager for some time but I am here to make a impact and the signing of Torres is a start. I have some top aims here and he is just one, if everthing gose too plan the USA will be on the map next season I have a aim of the champions league tittle and this signing is the start of world domination. I have more Strikers on my wish list but this is the start of bigger things for our team.

462_1224426825.jpg

Fernando-Torres-2-COS.jpg

MLS Will Never Be The Same Again Says Beckett

With Champions League football next season New York Red Bulls have the pride of USA on there hands. There coach Beckett has been quick to make his first deal signing Fernando Torres from Liverpool. The deal has seen Rami leave with Herrera, coach Beckett has said it is a big cost to loss one of the best Def in the world but Toress was a worth price, and we hope he can do well here. Fans of the USA club have said this is a cracking signing for us him and Milito is a force that teams here will never match, good luck stopping us we are the best US has too offer, and we will not stop with our chants around the world till everyone can see USA is on the map again.