next 94 rated defender?

Re: next 94 rated defender?

I think the next group of top defenders will include Chiellini, Pepe, and Skrtel. Too bad I hate all of those teams, especially those Scousers. Nevertheless, Skrtel, who I bashed throughout last season, and rightfully so for that matter, has really found his place in Liverpool's defense, especially as Carragher is possibly beginning to show his age a bit. I think that Skrtel could move up one or two places during the next rating changes, in several months. Chiellini, despite Juventus' horrible performances should move up to a 92. I earlier expected him to move up by 2, but Juve has been just leaking too many goals, especially in a league that's considerably worse than its English and Spanish counterparts. Pepe will have a strong shout out for 93 this time around, but I feel like he will have to improve to get a 94. Is he really as good as Carvalho, or even one point worse than Ferdinand, Vidic, and/or Terry???

Pepe will have a strong shout out for 93 this time around' date=' but I feel like he will have to improve to get a 94. Is he really as good as Carvalho, or even one point worse than Ferdinand, Vidic, and/or Terry???[/quote']

Well he plays better than Cannavaro does, and he's somehow still a 96. Just shows what reputation does I suppose. Madrid's defence confuses me sometimes... great individual players, but nothing short of awful as a unit.

I don't think ANY CB will rise to 94 this season, except maybe Chivu. I don't see anyone else as good enough at the moment. Skrtel and Pepe maybe next season (Skrtel is quality, but will SM really move him from 91 to 94 in 1 season?). Chiellini I don't rate as highly as most people seem to do. I might be proved wrong, but I don't think he has the potential to go beyond 93. Mertesacker certainly isn't good enough to be given 94 yet. Milito is good enough, but he's been injured since may (and once Caceres and Pique start showing their potential, I suspect he'll be struggling to get a game).

The next batch of 94 defenders will mostly be full-backs in my opinion. Evra, Lahm, Clichy, Sagna, Maxwell, Bosingwa (although only because SM rate him a point too highly in his case) etc will probably all reach 94 before a single one of the other players mentioned in this thread does.

he is already at a bigger club...

you cant get much bigger than Real Madrid :confused:

He's at Racing on loan. He's not going to get higher than 91 this season unless they do really well in the uefa cup. If he gets play time next season though there's always the chance he could do well, then again, there's always the chance he could flop.

I believe this player's name has already been mentioned in this thread, but i'll 2nd it or 3rd it or 4th it or whateva :rolleyes: Giorgio Chiellini should defo hit 94, if he doesn't i'd be very surprised and dissapointed with SM. I know his rating is 91 @ the moment so he might only go up two if SM isn't as approving of this player as i am, best Italian CB in my opinion. :)

I would say Pepe by the end of the season especially if he continues to play like he has been for club and country!

Chiellini probably not this season, but has a good chance of reaching a 93 by the campaign's end.

Another one would probably be Carlos Marchena, he should definitely reach a 92/93 this week and if Valencia continue to play well I dont see why not in the next round.

Probably Cannavaro.

I don't think he deserves anything above 92 at the moment. He's really gone downhill since joining Real, even to the point where I don't think he's good enough to play in their first 11 anymore. Real never look strong defensively, and for me Cannavaro is the weakest link in a pretty shaky back 4 (I'm not saying the players are poor, just that they don't work well as a unit).

I used to think Puyol was the most overrated CB on SM, but these days Cannavaro is giving him a lot of competition for that title. Both are at least 3 points higher than they deserve.

Anyone think Castro has a chance of going there' date=' or there about, in the future?[/quote']

if you mean the Bayer Leverkusen RB... then errrr no?

seriously who will be the next 94 rated defender is a tough question to answer

Cristian Chivu?

Juan Silveira? (if only he could stay fit that is)

Pepe?