Key Game Improvements

Re: Key Game Improvements

Why not just go for total realism? Have transfer windows at the start of each season ( say the 1st 10 league games ) and maybe a smaller window mid-season ( after 18-20 games )

The other thing I would like to see added ( for realism purposes ) is the managers ability to fine players if they misbehave. ie: in real football a player can expect a weeks wages to be docked for a red card, 2 weeks wages for a worse misdemeanor. All of these players are based on real players so should be treated as such. ( How many SM teams now want to sign Joey Barton??? )

As part of my tactics I set my tackling aggression to 'Hard' - this is not an attempt to injure opponents and that VERY rarely happens but just me wanting my players to commit to challenges and not be a scared, preening ponce like that t**t ronaldo.

I'm also in favour of reserve team/youth team matches as well, this will keep squad players happy as they push for 1st team places.

Oh and as for player hogging, check out Lazio in World Championship 870... Not a bad youth team they've got, all 215 of them...then 50 odd 1st team too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just go for total realism? Have transfer windows at the start of each season ( say the 1st 10 league games ) and maybe a smaller window mid-season ( after 18-20 games )

The other thing I would like to see added ( for realism purposes ) is the managers ability to fine players if they misbehave. ie: in real football a player can expect a weeks wages to be docked for a red card' date=' 2 weeks wages for a worse misdemeanor. All of these players are based on real players so should be treated as such. ( How many SM teams now want to sign Joey Barton??? )

As part of my tactics I set my tackling aggression to 'Hard' - this is not an attempt to injure opponents and that VERY rarely happens but just me wanting my players to commit to challenges and not be a scared, preening ponce like that t**t ronaldo.

I'm also in favour of reserve team/youth team matches as well, this will keep squad players happy as they push for 1st team places.

Oh and as for player hogging, check out Lazio in World Championship 870... Not a bad youth team they've got, all 215 of them...then 50 odd 1st team too!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Got a few things to say regarding that post.

Firstly, swearing is not allowed on the forum so can you edit it out now.

This is a football management game not a simulator, for the good of the game and ultimately SM's business they have to weigh up realism vs playability.

I do not want to see a transfer window system implemented throughout SM. If you wish to have such a rule, custom gameworlds and rules are provided for people who want to participate in a regulated gameworld.

Its tough as it is to deal in GC's let alone with their being time restrictions on when you can / cant buy a player. People will struggle to make an impact on a team which could result in people quitting, i for one hate not being able to implement my style upon a team.

Regarding fining players i think it should almost be automated, if a player gets one red card, they recieve a warning, there on after for every red card they get, they are docked one weeks wages.

I dont think we could start fining players here there and everywhere, a players behaviour s off field should not have a bearing on SM. Nor do i want players to have a behaviour preset by SM , i just dont think its needed or realisitic to implement tbh.

Most teams have youth players / reserves, imagine the strain on the server if every team or even half of the managed clubs on SM started to play seperate youth game aswel. The only thing i can think of to keep their morale up ( if you have a large youth / reserve team ) is to have friendlies effect morale in a positive manor etc.

Player hogging isnt an issue for me, that manager most likely put hours and hours of working into researching what players to buy and money spinners etc.

Im up for a squad cap, but no less than 100

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=701471&posted=1#post701471

this is a link for a thread where i originally posted the idea

I think that P/E deals are being used to often and snhould be minimised.

I thought that a way to lure away managers from part exchanging someone for every big deal is to reduce the value of the players they exchange.

I thought that it should be 75% of the players value.

link for details

Club Finances

Income

Season Ticket Receipts £5,731,388 £0

Gate Receipts £2,415,552 £1,206,176

TV Revenue £998,636 £499,318

Sponsor £905,832 £452,316

Merchandise £301,944 £150,772

Cash Injection £0 £0

Transfer Money In £22,361,800 £0

Prize Money £0 £0

Other Income £0 £0

Total Income £32,715,152 £2,308,582

We should be able to controll this so that we can like change prices and that so we get income....there should be other ways to get income

Club Finances

Income

Season Ticket Receipts £5' date='731,388 £0

Gate Receipts £2,415,552 £1,206,176

TV Revenue £998,636 £499,318

Sponsor £905,832 £452,316

Merchandise £301,944 £150,772

Cash Injection £0 £0

Transfer Money In £22,361,800 £0

Prize Money £0 £0

Other Income £0 £0

Total Income £32,715,152 £2,308,582

We should be able to controll this so that we can like change prices and that so we get income....there should be other ways to get income[/quote']

Yeah but if we changed the income, youd have people changing it to like £25m a home ticket :confused::rolleyes:

Evening guys. My biggest headache with the game concerns managers who place unrealistic transfer values on players. Sorry if this has been covered, but i just scrolled straight through the topic. It's ridiculous that a player who has dropped in the ratings with a value of say £8m, is transfer listed at some ridiculous figure like £20m? I'm sure you have all experienced this sort of thing? Any suggestions on how this could be made more realistic?

• 4 weeks later...

just a minor suggestion - does anyone else find it a tad annoying that to view a match report you have to click on schedule and scroll down to the result.

i suggest having a 'international management' style message for that days result. e.g. Crystal Palace win 10 - 0 against Charlton Athletic. View the *match report*

the stars symbolising a link to the adjoining match report.

just a minor suggestion - does anyone else find it a tad annoying that to view a match report you have to click on schedule and scroll down to the result.

i suggest having a 'international management' style message for that days result. e.g. Crystal Palace win 10 - 0 against Charlton Athletic. View the *match report*

the stars symbolising a link to the adjoining match report.

they used to have that, no idea why it was taken away :confused:

Evening guys. My biggest headache with the game concerns managers who place unrealistic transfer values on players. Sorry if this has been covered' date=' but i just scrolled straight through the topic. It's ridiculous that a player who has dropped in the ratings with a value of say £8m, is transfer listed at some ridiculous figure like £20m? I'm sure you have all experienced this sort of thing? Any suggestions on how this could be made more realistic?[/quote']

Dont give in and pay the jokers what they want.

Evening guys. My biggest headache with the game concerns managers who place unrealistic transfer values on players. Sorry if this has been covered' date=' but i just scrolled straight through the topic. It's ridiculous that a player who has dropped in the ratings with a value of say £8m, is transfer listed at some ridiculous figure like £20m? I'm sure you have all experienced this sort of thing? Any suggestions on how this could be made more realistic?[/quote']

I agree with the above that the only way people will stop doing it is if the other people do not actually succumb to the high price tag, that way the managers doing it will be forced to lower their asking price to a more reasonable level.

I think it was taken away because people said it ruined the tension of whether you won or lost' date=' so they just write "team [i']x[/i] vs team y result now in."

No your getting a little mistaken pal

Im not on about the club messags you see when you go to the overview of your club.

Which dont show the score

a)I dont want it to.

b)The old way had a simple link to the match report next to the result, thats what were on about lol , nothing to do with the scores or seeing them

No your getting a little mistaken pal

Im not on about the club messags you see when you go to the overview of your club.

Which dont show the score

a)I dont want it to.

b)The old way had a simple link to the match report next to the result' date=' thats what were on about lol , nothing to do with the scores or seeing them[/quote']

Oh my bad. I never knew that that actually existed when it was there because I do not remember using it but I think back then each Match Report had its own webpage so it could be done, but now it just loads up on the same page as your schedule/results page so I do not think it can be done.

I'm not 100% sure that's the answer you want but that's how I'm umderstanding what you're saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I sincerely hope' date=' and suspect, not :o[/quote']

I personally hate the reserve a club idea, the chances of getting a big club for nothing in new game worlds now will be impossible, I enjoy refreshing my page and waiting for the new game worlds to get big clubs, don't do this SM!

does this new reserve a club feature you will be able to buy from the sm shop soon include gold championships?.

Hopefully not..

And I hope it's only every so many standard setups and not all. Some kids don't want to be paying money for a game that was free when they signed up but also want a big side, which will basically be impossible if this is for all standards.

SM Are guna ruin these improvements like they ruin most things they try to improve.

This 'transfer request' business, it better not be pathetic like if you leave Ronaldo out for one game he wants to be off. It better be something reasonable like if someone over 95 is left out for 5 straight games then he wants to be off.

Also it better be subject to which club you are. For example if you have a 92 on the bench for Real Madrid, they shouldn't want to leave as quickly but say if you have a 92 on the bench for Accy Stanley then they should want away straight away.

The Reserve club thing interests me a little bit because i'm sick of never being able to get a club i want, but it better not cost the same as buying a setup because its pointless otherwise.