chelsea1992 (Coventry) [2]

Danny Williams (Burnley) [3]

James_B16 (Preston) [4]

Beardo (wont be posting on thread) (Sheff Wed) [5]

realm_of_deceit (Darlington) [6]

André Reid (I'll be posting on behalf) (Rotherham) [7]

pompeyfc (Norwich) [8]

The plan is:

Two Leagues of four teams, each play each other twice (so six games per team) Points will be given out as follows:

Win = 3 pts

Draw = 1 pt

Lose = 0pts

Goal = +1pt for each goal

Top two from each table go through to knockout rounds, which will be arranged at the time. If game finishes a draw, it will go to a replay at the other stadium.

Games will start as soon as the new seasons fixtures are arranged.

Please give me your opinions on this, I'll make any alterations to suit fixture lists.

On with the draw, I have given each team a number above which corresponds to the 8 numbers in my random number generator, sort of like the FA Cup Draw.

Table 1 will consist of:

[5] Sheff Wed

[8] Norwich

[6] Darlington

[2] Coventry

To prove the draw was conducted fairly, I'll continue the draw:

Table 2 will consist of:

[7] Rotherham

[1] Leicester

[3] Burnley

[4] Preston

Good luck to everyone and may the best team win :D

EDIT: New addition to EC 106 Challenge Cup! The winner of the tournament will be awarded 'The Challenge Belt' as well as the trophy and the pride. Then other managers (including those not included in the tournament) challenge that club to a one-off match for the belt. Whoever wins gets the belt. Three consecutive wins, and you keep the belt. Match reports will still be on this thread. Hopefully this will provide an added incentive to win. :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Friendly Tournament Norwich vs Coventry Norwich are set to play their first match of the Season against Coventry. Norwich know it will be a tough match, as Coventry

Re: English Championship 106 - Friendly Tournament

Eng 106 Pre-season Championship

ec106bannerad1.png

Table 1

1. Darlington - P6 - W5 - D1 - L0 - GF 16 - GA 6 - Pts 32

2. Sheff Wed - P6 - W3 - D0 - L3 - GF 11 - GA 11 - Pts 20

----------

3. Coventry - P6 - W2 - D0 - L4 - GF 8 - GA 12 - Pts 14

4. Man City - P6 - W1 - D1 - L4 - GF 7 - GA 13 - Pts 11@

@ Norwich replaced by Man City, original points stand

Fixtures/Results

31st Oct - Norwich 2-1 Coventry

31st Oct - Sheff Wed 1-3 Darlington

7th Nov - Darlington 1-1 Norwich

7th Nov - Coventry 2-1 Sheff Wed

14th Nov - Coventry 2-4 Darlington

21st Nov - Sheff Wed 3-0 Norwich

28th Nov - Sheff Wed 2-0 Coventry

5th Dec - Darlington 4-1 Sheff Wed

12th Dec - Man City 1-2 Darlington

19th Dec - Darlington 2-0 Coventry

26th Dec - Coventry 3-1 Man City

2nd Jan - Man City 2-3 Sheff Wed

Table 2

1. Preston - P6 - W3 - D1 - L2 - GF 9 - GA 7 - Pts 19

2. Charlton - P6 - W2 - D2 - L2 - GF 10 - GA 9 - Pts 18#

----------

3. Leeds Utd - P6 - W2 - D2 - L2 - GF 9 - GA 10 - Pts 17*

4. Rotherham - P6 - W1 - D3 - L2 - GF 11 - GA 13 - Pts 17

* Charlton replaced by Leeds, original points stand

# Birmingham replaced by Charlton, original points stand

Fixtures/Results

24th Oct - Preston 0-2 Burnley

31st Oct - Burnley 0-3 Preston

31st Oct - Rotherham 2-2 Leicester

7th Nov - Rotherham 1-1 Preston

7th Nov - Leicester 0-0 Charlton

14th Nov - Preston 2-1 Leicester

14th Nov - Rotherham 2-2 Charlton

21st Nov - Preston 0-1 Rotherham

5th Dec - Birmingham 2-3 Preston

12th Dec - Birmingham 3-2 Rotherham

26th Dec - Leeds 5-3 Rotherham

9th Jan 09 - Leeds 0-2 Charlton

Semi-final 1

15th Jan - Darlington 3-1 Charlton

Semi-final 2

Preston 0-0 Sheff Wed

Replay: Jan 15th - Sheff Wed 0-2 Preston

Note: Semi-finals are one leg, but if first leg is drawn, a second leg is played. If that is drawn, away goals will decide who goes through.

3rd/4th-placed match

Charlton 3-0 Sheff Wed

Grand Final

22nd Jan - Preston 2-1 Darlington

25th Jan - Darlington 1-2 Preston

Leading Scorers

Apologies, but the leading goalscorers data has been lost

Wow, i missed alot during my sleep.

Just drop it lads or take it to pm, this was a fantastic idea which shouldn't be tainted by your arguments.

Pompey has volunteered to make it 8 teams so its all good. (have you chosen a team yet :confused: )

James has put a lot of time and effort into this setup. He shows the most passion in his Preston team and writes match reports just about on a daily basis. By far the best Ive come across.

I can understand where your coming from James, this was a fantastic idea and for it to be short by 1 team would have been disappointing.

I for one recognize the hard yards you have put in to make this setup 'alive'.

Credit goes to you for your loyalty, one of the reasons why I joined a few months ago :)

Now lets get this Friendly Tournament going.

Leicester have it in the bag :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Yer' date=' they had a reasonably good youth players :D

[/quote']

Reuben Noble Lazarus, Francis Coquelin, Ben Amos . . .:D BTW, James, I will delete my posts to save you the trouble of contacting a mod ;)

This box will be used as a noticeboard, so that all the match reports are together.

You will now find a Tournament banner at the top of my second post. This was kindly done for us by arsenal4life15 so I have thanked him on behalf of the eight of us.

Also, as a reminder to all (and thanks for the reminder Danny :D ) remember to do your teams for the final two matches + play offs, I dont want your promotion/relegation battles scuppered by this tournament.

Burnley have now been replaced by Charlton in the Cup, as Danny Williams has changed clubs. Michael Flounders (aka realm_of_deceit) has decided to stay with Darlington instead of jumping ship to Tottenham, despite the lure of Lionel Messi.

Preston v Burnley kicks off inaugural EC 106 Cup

Local rivals Preston and Burnley play on Friday night in what is the first match of English Championship 106 Challenge Cup. The teams have met once before, with the match finishing 2-2. Goals count in this cup as they add to your points score!

Preston sunk by terrific Burnley

Burnley opened the EC 106 Challenge cup with a bang with a fantastic 2-0 away win against a very lack-lustre Preston North End.

A brace from Stefan Kiessling meant the Clarets now top Group 2 with 5 points, whereas Preston prop up the table with 0.

Preston manager James Burrow admitted the better side won, and that the defeat was very embarrassing, especially as it was their fiercest rivals.

In related news, the return leg of the tie will be played on October 31st, that's right Halloween. Preston might need some witchcraft to take 3 points from Turf Moor.

Norwich vs Coventry

Norwich are set to play their first match of the Season against Coventry. Norwich know it will be a tough match, as Coventry have some great talents.

The Norwich manager knows that Coventry's strongest player is their 93 rated defender Demichelis. Yet their new loan signing Lisandro is ready to make Demichelis worry.

59468_00003ka7.jpg

Will Lisandro prove too much??

Great, Sheffield Wednesday just challenged Darlington to a match on Friday.

Lets see how Darlingtons high flying young guns take to some real competition.

And James, good luck on Wednesday in the League, i am on a bit of a bad run. Still hoping for top 5 in first season in the top league, i need the points :)

Preston back to winning ways at Turf Moor

Preston avenged their 2-0 defeat to Burnley last week with a 3-0 win against Burnley this week. Michael Bradley scored a brace and Victor Anichebe finished off the Clarets. That result takes Preston to joint top in the league with Burnley.

Here are the other results from the EC 106 Challenge Cup

Norwich 2-1 Coventry

Rotherham 2-2 Leicester

Sheff Wed 1-3 Darlington

Some people may remember me as beardo but now i am P0MPY1.

I absolutely love this idea, well thought out and organised really well so i rly want to contribute to the posts in this thread. Unfortunately, my beardo profile no longer has the permission to post on threads so in order to be able to post on this friendly tournament i was forced to make a new account.

The two threads associated with English Championship 106 will be the only threads I will post on so it would be greatly appreciated if I could post on the two threads freely without any complaints about me creating another account.

Anyway, great idea, a big fat rep from me, sorry it doesnt count towards anything.

I hope my sudden appearence doesnt bother anybody. Thats me done, I will try to contribute to the thread as much as possible depending on how much free time i have. :D

Sheffield Wednesday hope to regain their impressive form

Ever since Tom Beard took over Sheffield Wednesday, there form has truely been immense. This was until a week ago while the league was coming to and end, Sheffield finished with a loss and a draw, this being awful taking in that Sheffield won 16 of the previous 18 games beforehand.

And this sudden drop in form carried through to the friendly tournament, a tournament the Sheffield manager saw as a chance to prove his team were good enough to compete at world class level.

But he was wrong, as Sheffield Wednesday lost 3-1, and although hard to say, Sheffield Wednesday were completely thrashed. The match stats simply prove the smashing Darlington gave. All of them just favour Darlington totally.

Darlington:

Posession- 67%

Shots on Goal - 20

Shots on Target - 13

Corners- 10

Sheffield Wednesday:

Posession- 33%

Shots on Goal - 5

Shots on Target - 1

Corners- 6

After this defeat Darlington must be the favourites to win this friendly tournament.

Sheffield hope to carry on the competition strongly and pip their two other rivals to the second spot as odds state clearly Darlington are most likely to win the group.

The fate of Sheffield Wednesday will be discovered on the 7th November when the newly organised friendly between Sheffield and Coventry will take place, although Coventry will be happy to be playing at home. This fixture should be a great one.

Attention all managers.

All the upcoming friendlies have been cancelled because of the new season. Please could you re-schedule them and PM saying when they are. Thanks

EDIT: It turns out they cant be re-scheduled for the same date, as it says that the other team has already got a game. I think the games are still on, but arent showing up on the schedule. Im gonna send off a ticket to SM, but just in case, have your friendly squad set out for Friday. Thanks again

EDIT part 2: I sent the ticket, and it was closed. Im gonna try again, but send the ticket under bugs, as I didnt see it as a bug.

EDIT part 3: The matches arent going ahead, as on my Tactics page, Michael Johnson is down as suspended, which wouldnt happen if there was a friendly, sorry for any inconvenience caused. EC 106 Challenge Cup will resume ASAP :)

My ticket was answered' date=' my two friendlies are now going ahead, so check to see if yours are. Once again sorry for the inconvenience. With the new season starting, its descended the tournament into chaos![/quote']

My friendlies have been cancelled i tried to re-do it but on both days the other two clubs were busy lol just my luck

My friendlies have been cancelled i tried to re-do it but on both days the other two clubs were busy lol just my luck

same mate, Ive tried to re-challenge but it says that they are busy B) .

Very weird.

hopefully the friendlies are still going ahead .. might be just an SM bug not displaying the fixtures.

same mate' date=' Ive tried to re-challenge but it says that they are busy B) .

Very weird.

hopefully the friendlies are still going ahead .. might be just an SM bug not displaying the fixtures.[/quote']

My bug is fixed, yours wont be. Here is the ticket I sent

I tried to arrange a friendly with Rotherham as when the new season started, the schedule was wiped, but when I tried to re-arrange it, it said there was only a game going ahead.

Hi, my season has just ended in EC 106 and I had organised two friendlies for the 7th and 14th November. Now because a new season has started, the schedule has been wiped clean, so I went to re-schedule these friendlies, but it says the other team has a friendly that day. I asked the other manager to try and he got the same message. Could you clarify whether the friendlies are arranged, just not on the schedule list, or if they have been cancelled and we cant re-schedule them for the same day.

They sorted it, but I sent that ticket yesterday, and they only got back to me today, so if you send it today, they might not be able to do anything about it :(

Btw, the fixtures wont go ahead, as I have Michael Johnson suspended in the league, but it showed up on my tactics, so they must have been cancelled, as it wouldnt show if it was a friendly.

My bug is fixed' date=' yours wont be. Here is the ticket I sent

They sorted it, but I sent that ticket yesterday, and they only got back to me today, so if you send it today, they might not be able to do anything about it :(

Btw, the fixtures wont go ahead, as I have Michael Johnson suspended in the league, but it showed up on my tactics, so they must have been cancelled, as it wouldnt show if it was a friendly.[/quote']

just sent in a ticket to sm hopefully it wont be to late to get the friendly set up for tomorow lol

just sent in a ticket to sm hopefully it wont be to late to get the friendly set up for tomorow lol

Kk, with the new season starting now, hopefully we can still keep this going. Im about half way through my fixtures, as I started a week before. Remember to change friendly squads to match day squads for the Saturday league match.

Merry Millers hold North End

Division 4 Rotherham pulled off a shock tonight by holding Division 1 side Preston to a 1-1 draw. North End, who had far superior possession, took the lead in the third minute when Swiss striker Eren Derdiyok struck a sweet volley past Benvegnu in the Rotherham goal. Rotherham equalised through old Preston favourite Paul McKenna.

Lucas and Vertonghen started for North End, with Rafael and Possebon unused subs.

Jon Parkin was an unused sub for Rotherham.

Here are the other results:

Darlington 1-1 Norwich

Coventry 2-1 Sheff Wed

Leicester 0-0 Charlton

Darlington lead the way in Group 1 with 8 points, one ahead of Norwich on 7, and two ahead of Coventry on 6 points.

Preston top Group 2 with 8 points from three games. Charlton lsoe top spot after a 0-0 draw at Leicester, who are bottom on 4 points. Underdogs Rotherham are in 3rd on 5 points, and will play Preston at Deepdale in two weeks time.

Coventry 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday

The game was goaless untill Pires scored a 42nd goal.

The second goal came from Sheffield came from Kuzmanovic on the 68th minitue.

Then Coventry retained the lead after Torosidis scored the winning goal on the 89th.

The manager said for a player to score the first goal of the match in his debut is very encourageing.

Hopefully we will be able to get a win over Darlington next week but we remain optimistic and hope that this may proove to be the best start to the season yet and we will hope we can win this tournement and challenge the big clubs for the title.

Sugar missed it

Sorry about that Ryan, the first eight had the idea at the end of last season, but then there was a flood of new faces, so much that we now have 12, which could have meant 6 a table. Once the tournament is over, I'll challenge you once in awhile during the season, sort of like a Challenge Belt, where clubs play the team with the belt with the right to keep it. Im a fountain of ideas me :D