English Championship 106 - Friendly Tournament

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Friendly Tournament Norwich vs Coventry Norwich are set to play their first match of the Season against Coventry. Norwich know it will be a tough match, as Coventry

Re: English Championship 106 - Friendly Tournament

This might he a silly question but...

Am I in it?

King Kolo, henharrierhall, this has been ging on since the end of last season, sorry for not informing you. Basically at the end of last season, we had eight forumers managing teams, so we put together a tournament in two groups of 4, with the top two going through. Now of course the number of forumers has escalated to 20+ and also as you see from the table on the second post, a few teams dropped out. Seeing as there is only one match left, I dont think it would be feasible to invite a new manager in to play just one game which will probably not affect the table. I'll give WillC 24 hours to respond, but if he doesnt, I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Oh Ok.

Cheers :)

Shall we do another one after this? Then maybye not as many managers will drop out?

Yeah, Im currently thinking up a different format. I think the reason why people started dropping out is that it has taken a while. The first fixture was played on 24th Oct!! Also, I have v important college exams in the first few weeks of January, so I will be inactive then. Im gonna do a count of forumers currently participating in the league, then round it down to a nice square number. EDIT: Ive counted up and I chosen the 16 most active forumers for a future competition.

Tonights games:

Leeds Utd 5-3 Rotherham FT

Coventry 3-1 Man City FT

Non-competitive game:

Middlesbrough v Leyton Orient

Scenarios:

If Rotherham win by two goals, they will take top spot off Preston, and Leeds and Birmingham would be eliminated

If Leeds win by three goals, they will take second spot from Rotherham.

If Coventry win by four goals, they will take second spot from Sheff Wed, going into the final round of matches

If Man City win by four goals, they will take second spot from Sheff Wed, going into the final round of matches

Summary

Despite the win tonight, Coventry manager Sean Taylor will be praying that Man City beat Sheff Wed 1-0, as that is the only scenario that would allow Coventry through. If Sheff Wed score a goal, Coventry are out. If Man City win by 2 goals or more, Coventry are out. If the match is a draw, Coventry are out.

In Table 2, I have to apologise but because of all the problems at the beginning of the tournament, what with the season changing and losing scores, I wrote a result down incorrectly. The first game was in fact Burnley 2-0 Preston, which means Leeds (Burnley's replacement) are currently tied on 17 points with Rotherham, but the Whites have a game in hand. Rotherham manager André Reid will be hoping Birmingham's replacement can beat Leeds, again 1-0, as this is the only scenario which will allow the Millers passage to the Semi-Final.

Sheffield Make It To The Semi-Finals

"I am so happy. The odds were even for any of the three teams to get that second place position and I am so pleased I got it."

Please can Birmingham and Leeds organise a friendly so this tournament can come to a close because its a brilliant idea but it has gone on for far to long.

p.s - sorry about very very short report

We have our first semi-finalists. Darlington gained top spot with a total of 32 points' date=' with Sheff Wed 2nd with 20. Coventry and Man City are eliminated, but may be re-instated if a club manager resigns, so stay at your clubs.[/quote']

And there goes the Man City manager. Is anyone loyal to their clubs on soccer manager. it would appear not. haha. :P:D

I dont know what to do' date=' Birmingham arent responding, Charlton (Birminghams replacement) arent responding. Theres only one game left, but its very important. This is an appeal for any active EC106 manager to contact me to take on Leeds in the last game.[/quote']Which i have to score to get through?

Or draw at least to win to get through i think?

Anyway i am gonna win

The EC106 Challenge Cup K/O round ends this Friday with Leeds vs newcomers Charlton. Leeds or Rotherham could realistically go through depending on this match. This is Charltons second spell in the tournament, after previous manager Danny Williams quit, letting Leeds into the tournament. So there is some rivalry between the teams. Charlton fans believe they should be the club with a chance of progress, not Leeds, as they only inheritied Charlton's start, and now they have to inherit Birmingham/Leicesters poor start.

Controversy in EC106 Challenge Cup!

Part-timers Charlton Athletic have stunned the competition by knocking out Leeds after a 2-0 win at Elland Road. Leeds manager Ryan Clarke will no doubt be disappointed with the result, as Leeds were clear favourites to progress. Depending on the Charlton manager's response to a PM asking if he wants to continue, leeds may find a way back in. Commiserations go to Rotherham manager André Reid, who was in second place from Day 1 till the final day.

Part-timers Charlton Athletic have stunned the competition by knocking out Leeds after a 2-0 win at Elland Road. Leeds manager Ryan Clarke will no doubt be disappointed with the result' date=' as Leeds were clear favourites to progress. Depending on the Charlton manager's response to a PM asking if he wants to continue, leeds may find a way back in. Commiserations go to Rotherham manager André Reid, who was in second place from Day 1 till the final day.[/size']

Can I join?I beat mid boro 2 - 0 today:o

Can I join?I beat mid boro 2 - 0 today:o

Sorry Austin but applications have now closed with the completion of this game. Dont worry, now that SM have brought in the ability to have 2 friendlies a week, Im gonna be holding a pocket-sized tourney in the future, with 4 teams.

Guest cabbytoodles

Charlton defeats Leeds 2-0 at Elland Road!

Caleb's Charlton stunned Ryan's Leeds after the former charges defeated the home side 2-0 in their own den. German forward Podolski and Nigel De Jong struck in in the final thirty minutes of the game to stun the home fans.

Charlton were undeniably worthy winners after having the larger share of possession, more shots - 28 to Leeds 18, and 6 corners to Leeds's 5.

Charlton were quickest to settle in, with the first 20 minutes seeing Charlton camped inside Leeds half. Podolski first tested Landreau with a stinging shot before Jeremy Menez diving header shaved the cross bar. On-loan German midfielder Robert Hilbert then headed a looping header onto the roof of the net to leave manager Caleb rueing their impotence in front of goal. Hungarian midfielder Gera almost made Charlton pay when his crisp shot bulged the side-netting. Argentine keeper Carrizo was to be credited after pulling off an acrobatic save to ensure Charlton remain in the game before Podolski spurned another chance as the two sides head into the break level.

Charlton emerge in the second half on fire and Podolski struck in the 61st minute to give them a deserved 1-0 lead. Leeds then found their goal under siege when Guiza had two efforts in the 68th and 72nd minute. Jeremy Menez curling shot had everyone on the edges of their seat in the 78th minute before a long range screamer in the 81st was palmed away by Landreau. Dutch midfielder De Jong sealed the win for Charlton after he poked the ball home in the 86th minute to gift Caleb his first win after Charlton were the wildcard entry in this inaugural competition.
Guest cabbytoodles

Part-timers Charlton Athletic have stunned the competition by knocking out Leeds after a 2-0 win at Elland Road. Leeds manager Ryan Clarke will no doubt be disappointed with the result' date=' as Leeds were clear favourites to progress. Depending on the Charlton manager's response to a PM asking if he wants to continue, leeds may find a way back in. Commiserations go to Rotherham manager André Reid, who was in second place from Day 1 till the final day.[/size']

Hi James. Yeah I'll like to continue if Clarkey doesn't mind :P Clarkey's my forum friend recently :) Anyway yeah I don't quite understand this tournament yet. Maybe I'll read the prev pages to get a better idea.