Gold Championship 39 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread

Guest Football8

Re: Gold Championship 39 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread

Montero leads Gremio past Botafogo

The Columbian plan is working, as the attacking quartet of Jaime Castrillon, Macnelly Torres, Edixon Perea and Fredy Montero has put in yet another brilliant performance. Montero is particular has been brilliant, putting 2 past Botafogo for a 2-1 victory. In 8 league matches, Montero has 6 goals, 5 assists, 3 man of the match awards and an average performance of 9. The quartet combines for 16 goals, 17 assists and 6 awards. With highly rated youngster Danny Aguiar on the way, expect more Columbians on the way.

Botafogo 1 - 2 Gremio

Botafogo :

3. Luciano Almeida - YC (4th)

5. Renato Silva - YC (5th)

11. Tulio Souza - 1g (2nd)

Gremio :

14. Orozco - YC (3rd)

15. Montero - 2g (5th, 6th), MoM (3rd)

Next v Cruzeiro

1. Sao Paolo - 35

2. Atletico Mineiro - 34

====================

3. Palmeiras - 32

4. GREMIO - 31

5. Flamengo - 26

6. CRUZEIRO - 21

8. BOTAFOGO - 17

--------------------------

9. Santos - 17

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 39 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread 4-1 German Cup Round 3 Weserstadion Att: 43,087 Werder Bremen managed by: Barry Golden Schalke 04 managed by: Gerry O'Toole

Re: Gold Championship 39 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread None taken, i hated people like me in earlier GC's aswell so i expect to be hated, your time will come though

Re: Gold Championship 39 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread Chelsea Appoint Allan MUFC as Manager!! Big Phil was today given the boot as Chelsea boss in a suprise turn of events. Chelsea have

gc39huntyvf6.jpg

Bordeaux_home.pngBordeaux-1.pngBordeaux_away.png

Bordeaux vs Caen

Rhys Hunt's Bordeaux tonight faced Caen and people knew it was going to be an easy ride for Hunt and his men and that's just how it turned out with Hunt getting his 9th win out of 9th since he has taken over.

The scorers of todays match were young Italian Mario Balotelli, Benoit Cheyrou and on form CF Fernando Cavenaghi. Balotelli's goal came after some clever passing got him through on goal and the young striker made no mistake smashing the ball into the top corner with ease.

Balotelli3.jpg

(Young striker Mario Balotelli really is finding his form in France)

Benoit Cheyrou's goal came after a great passing move from the Bordeaux midfield and Cheyrou didn't disapoint after he slotted home. Fernando Cavenaghi grabbed his 10th goal in the league in 13 games to seal the victory for Hunt's men. Bordeaux now move into 9th and sit in a great position to take the European places.

gc39huntyvf6.jpg

Bordeaux_home.pngBordeaux-1.pngBordeaux_away.png

Bordeaux vs River Plate

Played last SMFA Group match of the season tonight, I would have had to lose & Man Utd win by 6 or more goals. But I won 2-0 to book my place in the last 16 of the SMFA Champions Cup. Bordeaux now face Jacko's Foirentina to battle it out for a place in the quater finals of the SMFA Champions Cup. Goals from Planus & Chamakh was enough to beat River Plate.

FGR%205x10.jpg

Forest Green Rovers Appoint Ryan=] as Manager

This Morning English Division 5 Side Forest Green Rovers Appointed Ryan=] as manager after a long Negogations Period, with Ryan=] demanding more money for Transfers. After Succeded Negogations Ryan=] agreed to move to The New Lawn. An Insider Commented

' The Club are Very Happy to Bring such A Good Manager to The New Lawn. The Chairman has agreed to Give a Transfer Budget of just under 1.5 Million Pounds to use on Bringing players to the Club.'

DannyWelbeckManchesterUn_638811.jpgrodrigo_possebon.jpg

Ryan hopes to Bring Manchester United Duo Danny Welbeck and Rodrigo Possebon to The New Lawn on Loan.

Winning Start for Ryan=]

forest_green.jpg1 - 0OxfordUCrest1.gif

Forest Green Rovers Got off To A Great Start with New Manager Ryan=] after a 1 - 0 win away to Oxford United. An early Goal from Stijn VANGEFFELEN secured the Win for Forest Green. The Team are now 9th in the league 9 points Away from They Play-Off Places with 17 Games To Go.

La Viola rack up 9th straight win as Serie A becomes ever tighter

107_1204588409.gif

Fiorentina scored their 9th consecutive league win, 2-1 against Siena, to maintain 3rd place in Italy and cement their place as genuine title contenders.

Going into the game as clear favourites, Jacko's side dominated from the off and were denied what seemed to be a clear cut penalty when playmaker Santi Cazorla was brought down in the area. Not soon after La Viola were ahead though, Zdravko Kuzmanovic curling in a shot from outside the area. Both teams squandered some good chances before half time, with Diego Valeri & Siena striker Massimo maccarone the most guilty parties. Half time 1-0

Shortly after the break Jacko's side could breath easier as Alberto Gilardino doubled the lead with a cute headed finish from inside the 6 yard box.

gilardino.jpg

Get in! Gilardino is delighted with his goal

The Italy striker then squandered 3 good chances to seal the game and Siena made the home team pay, Maccarone with a tidy finish from just inside the area. The game became very open at this point, with Siena pushing hard for the equaliser and Fiorentina hitting them on the break at every opportunity. Due to the fine form of both goalkeepers, especially Sienas Gianluca Curci, the score remained the same and Fiorentina secured yet another victory. FT 2-1

Inter lead the way on 45 points, but Napoli, Fiorentina & Udinese are all within striking distance of the champions and the form team are most definitely Jackos side.

As well as being involved in an increasingly exciting title race, Fiorentina face Bordeaux in the First Knockout Round of the Champs Cup on Friday - it is yet unknown how strong the team will be for the fixture with the league poised so delicately.

SHAKHTAR WIN CUP FINAL

Shakhtar Donetsk have won the russian cup final 1-0 against Dynamo Kyiv, shakhtar manager gagda is said to be chuffed to bits on winning the final, now that we are in europe next season in the smfa shield we can go for the league title and get into the smfa groups, since we missed out of the knock out stages...

Bordeaux-1.png

Bordeaux 3 - 1 Fiorentina

P.Pauleta (2',10')

M.Gobbi (5')

M. Chamakh (53')

Rhys Hunt's Bordeaux lined up against Jacko's Fiorentina in the last 16 of the SMFA Champions Cup. On-loan striker P.Pauleta bagged to goals and the MoM performance to send Hunt's Bordeaux laughing into the Quater-Finals of the Champs Cup where Bordeaux will face Villareal who they faced in the group stages and Bordeaux came out on top winning 2-0.

internazionale.png

Internazionale 1-1 Liverpool

Inter crashed out of the champions cup tonight losing to Liverpool on penalty's. The game was largely shaped by Inter center by Walter Samuels red car on the 60th minute after spitting in the face of Fernando Torres. Maxi Rodriguez got Inters goal on the 46th minute. He tapped in an easy chance when Reina fumbled Henry's long range shot. Riera scored for Liverpool on the 59th minute in a goal that was almost identical to Inter's! Torres' shot was blocked by Julio Cesar and Riera was left with an easy tap-in.

Although Inter are disappointed not to be in the next round. It will mean their first team are available for most league games.

wc_2006_day08_rodriguez.jpg

Maxi Rodriguez opened the scoring for Inter....

f_intermmm_9ce8e02.png

Disaster for Inter!

Inter suffered an embaressing defeat at the hands of Cagliari. Inters recent form has been poor, and they need to start winning to keep their league title hopes alive.

Inter experimented with a new formation, but playing Yakubu as a lone striker seemed to be the downfall. They weren't able to break down the Cagliari defence and were forced to constantly try long range efforts. They were punished for their inability to take chances on the 66th minute when Diego Lopez skillfully turned Matereazzi and placed his shot into the top corner.

Inters troubles were enlarged 10 minutes later when Biondini put Cagliari 2-0 up with a simple finish from inside the box.

122yakubu_468x318.jpg

On this occassion the Yak was fed, but could not score.....

Auxerre News

311_1198839435.gif

Auxerre Announce New Manager

Only moments ago, Sam Pooley was announced as the new manager of Auxerre. The club currently sit in 18th place, three points from saftey, and only have the bare minimum of 18 players in their squad, with the average player rating being only 79. Despite this Sam was optimistic upon taking over, having this to say "I am pleased to take over at this club, and despite what many say i believe i can bring success to this club. My first task will be to bring some new players to the club, and then to work on making my way up the table."

Auxerre News

311_1198839435.gif

Auxerre bring in new faces

Three days previous to today Sam Pooley was announced as the new manager of Auxerre. Upon taking over it was quite clear to all that the biggest problem at the club was both individual player talent, and squad depth! And after only three days Sam Pooley has significantly improved both aspects of his squad. In total Sam has brought in five players on permanent deals, with an additional two arriving in on season long loan deals. The players to arrive on permanent deals are Toledo (LB-87), Wendt (LB-86), Araujo (CB-87), Vergassola (CM-88) and Darcheville (CF-87) all of which Sam Pooley hopes will make a serious impact in there opening season at the club. In total the fee paid was just under 20 million pounds. While the two players arriving on loan deals were Valeri (LM-88) and Sarmiento (CM-86).

340x.jpg

(Simone Vergassola arrives at Auxerre, following a medical for the 88 rated CM.)

f_intermmm_9ce8e02.png

Inter thrash poor Atlanta...

Inter announced their return to form with a 7-0 demolition of Atlanta. Goals from Cordoba, Maicon, Simao, Henry, Maxi Rodriguez and Yakubu (2) pushed them up to 4th, only two points away from first placed Napoli.

It was a brilliant performance and result for the Italian giants and it could prove to be the confidence boost they needed to push on this season.

_44203103_yakubu_pa.jpg

Yakubu was on form, bagging his 13th of the season...

Auxerre News

311_1198839435.gif

311_1198839435.gifAuxerre 1-0 Saint-Etienne 341_1192227691.gif

Sam Pooley's first game in charge of a ragged Auxerre side was a tough game against a strong Saint-Etienne team. With a packed house, and not one seat free, the crowd were expecting agood result and they definitely got one. With 85 minutes gone it appeared as if Auxerre were going to earn a well deserved point, but Julien Quercia ensured they took all three. A lovely ball was slotted through the Saint-Etienne center backs and as Julien Quercia found himself one-on-one with the goalkeeper, he calmly went around him and slotted the ball into the despairing net. After the game Sam Pooley had this to say "Well i wanted to get off to a good start, and i think i can safely say i have done that. Although the season still has 14 games remaining, and i think people should judge me and the team after that. Having said that, this is a great day for the fans and hopefully a sign of things to come." This great result lifted Auxerre straight out of the relegation zone, and the club hope they can continue there rise up the table.

ligue1xk2.jpg

(The current table at the bottom of Ligue 1)

Auxerre continue to sign players

Even after already signing five new faces Sam stretched the amount of new signings to eight, after signing another three players, all of whom completed there move earlier today. The first player to arrive at the club today was Pablo Barrientos. The 24 year old, 88 rated winger was bought for just 8.7 million pounds, a fee described as 'quality for pennies' by manager Sam Pooley. The next two players to arrived, walked through the club doors together. The players were Luke Wilkshire (RM-87) and José Devaca (CB-87), the combined fee of the two players was just over 14.5 million pounds. These players will be key players for this season, and hopefully many more to come, as none of the purchased players are older than 30.

soccer14_gallery__294x400.jpg

(Luke Wilkshire is one of many key signing made by S. Pooley)

398_1201607911.gif

Schalke win 3 on the trot to move up the table.

FC Schalke tonight beat title chasing Bayern Leverkusen 2-1 at the Veltins Arena. Pander put Schalke ahead in the 7th minute but the league did no last long as Gekas equalised for Leverkusen to make it 1-1 at the break. It was until the 89th minute Schalke got the winner and it was by the German Kevin Kuranyi. Jake had this to say "I am very pleased that we won tonight, We are now 7points clear of the relegation zone and we are slowly moving up the league table."

3205_1209755861.jpg

FC Schalke striker still believes that they can get a top4 spot by the end of the season.

398_1201607911.gif

Schalke beat relegation rivals TSG 1899 Hoffenheim to go 10points clear of the drop.

FC Schlake last night beat TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 2-1 to go 10points clear of the relegation zone. Schalke manager Jake has been at the club 9 games now and has took them from 18th in the table to 15th and Schalke have won 4 of their last 6 games.

Things did not start well for Schalke as they went 1-0 down after 11 minutes a goal from Chinedu Obasi put TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's hope high.

On the 41st minute Jefferson Farfan at miss hit shot went under Ramazan Ozcan in the TSG 1899 Hoffenheim goal to make it 1-1 going in to the break.

Chances going either way for both sides it was Schalke that put the ball in the net on the 75th minute from Halil Altintop gave Schalke a deserved 3 points.

Schalke's next opponents is away to struggling Herth BSC who are currently 19th in the league table.

s04_farfan_rangers_468x345.jpg

Schalke striker Jefferson Farfan scored to make it 1-1 in the game against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim last night.

cska.jpg

Cska remained top of the league with a 2-1 away win at zenit thanks to goals from ignasiviech and vagner love even though zenit managed to pull one back later on

Manager Thomas Ince who recently joined from fernabache had this to say " i am dleighted with todays win it was an excellent victory even though it was tough to leave fernabache i wanted to move on to bigger and better things"

Vagner Love who scored the crucial goal had this to say " i am delighted with my goal tonight i am please for my teamates and the fans and i am also delighted with our new managers tactics and training techniques"

Vgner-Love.png

gc39huntyvf6.jpg

Bordeaux Win French Shield Final

arton334.gif

Bordeaux tonight lined up against Sochaux in the French Shield Final tonight and came out as 2-1 victors. On loan striker Pauleta opened the scoring for Bordeaux after 14 minutes when he smashed the ball into the net from the edge of the box. Sochaux then equalised when Tulasne scored a powerful header. Bordeaux's winner came in the 62nd minute when right back Bruno Saltor pounced after a mistake in the Sochaux defence.

This was Hunts first trophy with Bordeaux and through-out Gold Championships. After the match Hunt said "We've won the shield now for the league".

cskabanner.jpg

254_1195422892.gif VS 263_1216893609.jpg

Narrow win for CSKA in Derby

Cska narrowly came out on top at a packed Luzniki stadium to watch these two rivals of the russian league battle it out.

Cska came out all guns blazing and on the 18th minute rightfully got the goal they deserved when Italian Cassano ran onto a through ball and thumped it into the top corner.

The lead was double to 2-0 when Cassano again scored on the 25th minute when he recieved a pass from Krasic and carefully shot into the corner.

What could of been the tunring point of the game was When Krasic was sent off for a two footed lunge which he could not complain about.

3 Minutes into the second half and spartak scored when Tadic headed home at the near post after a corner from the left hand side.

Cska restored there two goal lead on the 54th minute when Vagnor Love chipped the keeper for mthe edge of the area which was a beautiful goal for everyone to see.

But only a minute later Tekke cut the lead in half when he seized on a mistake in the Cska defence and carefully put the ball into the net.

Cska hung on to there lead and secured the 3 point which delighted everyone at the club.

krasic.jpg

Krasic suspended for three games now.

251_front_small.gif21_1203862898.gif250_front_small.gif

Chelsea Lose English Shield Final

Chelsea 1 - 1 Manchester City

Man City Win 4-3 on Pens

Chelsea lost the Final of the English Shield, losing 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw to Man City.

Chelsea started the game a a fast pace and hit the bar seconds after the kick off. The early minutes of the match saw the game go from end to end, City forcing Cech to make a save and then Chelsea forcing Hart to make a save.

Chelsea scored the games first goal after 20 minutes when the ball was played square to Anelka on the edge of the box who rasped home a screamer.

Chelsea should have been 2-0 up on 27 minutes after a long ball split the defence wide open but Hart came out of the 1 on 1 with the ball.

Man City levelled on 30 minutes when a speculative chip by Elano was fumbled over the line by Cech.

Chelsea thought they had won the game in the 56th minute when Ballack put the ball in the net, but the assistant had raised his flag as Ballack was offside. Chelsea continued to push for the win with Anelka heading inches over and Drogba hitting the bar, But the match went to a shootout and Man City prevailed.

article-1021197-01564EB100000578-463_468x416.jpg

Terry hides his head as his penalty miss hands another trophy to Manchester but this time to City.

• 3 weeks later...

Gremio season in Review

Team:

League : 5th - 15-11-11, 53 points

Brazilian Cup : Lost to Internacional, Round 2 (1-0)

Brazilian Shield : Lost to Sao Paulo, Round 1 (2-0)

Biggest Win : Fluminense 2 - 8 Gremio (Pique, Kvist, Leo, Perea, Montero, Pudil, Caca, Pudil)

Biggest Defeat : Fluminense 6 - 1 Gremio

Proudest moment : 2 straight away wins at Santos and Fluminense

Individual

Most Valuable Player : Renan Leo - 11.3M

Top performer : Tomas Necid, Lucas Caca - 10.0

Top Goal Scorer : Edixon Perea - 15

Top passer : Edixon Perea - 14

Most awarded : Fredy Montero - 7

Most carded : Braulio Luna, Oliver Deschacht - 4 YC; Macnelly Torres - 2 YC, 1 RC

Most Improved : Krzysztof Krol - +13 (65 - 78)

League Tables

Goals:

3. Edixon Perea - 15

5. Fredy Montero - 13

21. Macnelly Torres - 7

Goal Ratio:

8. Edixon Perea - 2.00

13. Fredy Montero - 2.08

25. Macnelly Torres - 4.29

Average Performance:

3. Fredy Montero - 7.85

6. Edixon Perea - 7.70

Assists:

3. Edixon Perea - 14

15. Fredy Montero - 8

18. Macnelly Torres - 8

Man of the Match:

3. Fredy Montero - 7

8. Edixon Perea - 5

Yellow Cards:

16. Braulio Luna - 4

20. Olivier Deschacht - 4

Red Cards:

5. Niclas Alexandersson - 1

25. Macnelly Torres - 1

Training

Risers :

Victor 85-88

Galatto 82-86

Felipe Mattioni 72-83

Woktkowiak 80-85

Helder 80-85

Rever 83-87

Labrin 80-82

Leo 87-88

Willian Magrao 80-86

Torres, J 80-83

Rafael Carioca 80-86

Bertolo 83-85

Belaid 85-86

Noir 73-83

Montero 85-86

Arlauskis 80-83

Krol 65-78

Gaman 78-82

Gorter 72-80

Alispahic 74-80

Jugovic 70-78

Borysiuk 76-80

Douglas Costa 75-78

Worgu 80-83

Badelj 78-83

Taison 75-83

Ticinovic 72-78

Aguilar 75-80

Kielb 68-76

Gol 70-80

Pavlicic 71-80

Caca 82-84

Hernandez 75-80

Pena 75-82

Droppers :

Brayan Angulo 82-80

Lamouchi 85-82

Total Gremio Improvement this season : +176

• 3 weeks later...

Cska Season Overall And Preview

254_1195422892.gif

Cska had a successful season in the Russian 1st division has they continued the clubs glorious history to win the league. They dominated from start to finish and the league was over with six games to go. But there has been turmoil in the managerial department with managers coming and going from the Luzhniki stadium as they please. The club had had 3 different managers and with 12 games to go in the season Thomas Ince came into the mix after deciding to Part Company with the Turkish Giants Fernabache to take control of the Russian Giants. It was a very successful appointment as within the 12 games he has been in charge the club secured the Russian title with 9 wins and 3 draws in an amazing unbeaten run.

After the end of season review Thomas Ince was interviewed by the Russian press and he had this to say "I am delighted with the way the Cska season finished up we were worthy winners of the league and i can gladly say i am glad i made the jump from Fernabache to make this glorious club my home, i am looking forward to the start of the news season and we will to challenge on all front including the European competitions which will help my team gain the necessary experience and please the fans."

Transfer Reviews

Antonio Cassanno

2582_1234361241.jpg

Cassanno made the switch from Sampdoria and enjoyed a very successful start to his Cska career making 26 appearances and scoring 12 goals in the process."

Brino Renan

10341_1220351840.jpg

Renan moved to the Luzhniki in the deal that took away Akinfeev from his hometown club Renan made 15 appearances and made a string of impressive saves and won over the critics.

Ryan GIGGS

1130_1209755861.jpg

The legendary left winger made the move from Manchester United and quickly became a figure of influence at Cska making 29 appearances and contributing 6 goals in that time Giggs continued to show what a remarkable player he is.

Luis GUILLE FRANCO

8773_1209755861.jpg

Franco was 1st on loan at Cska then made the moved permanently after exciting the fans and pleasing Thomas Ince which successfully delighted Thomas Ince.