The essence of REAL scouting

Alexander

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: The essence of REAL scouting

Actually' date=' i dont think the rep system should be removed, because it kinda gives you an idea of who is active on the forum.

[/quote']

Well you have Forumer of the Month and Forumer of the Year competitions if you want to find out who's a good forumer.

The way I see it' date=' you must be pretty wrong in the head to think that reputation points actually mean anything. Your life must suck if reputation on a forum is really that important to you.

I've never asked for rep, I never will ask for rep and whenever I see somebody asking for rep then my respect for that person is greatly diminished. If you post something that helps people then they'll do the repping without being told to do so.[/quote']

spot on here - why do people care so much about rep - its an internet forum that has absolutely no bearing on your life!!! are people going to put their rep points on their CV or a university application???

Well you have Forumer of the Month and Forumer of the Year competitions if you want to find out who's a good forumer.

to be fair not that many know about it and its far easier to see their rep points on their post instead of wading through several threads to see who is any good

• 4 weeks later...

Warning: Annoying Rant

:P

0 god stop with ur Nazi like obsession for one generation of ethnically pure scouts..its really beginnning to p*ss me off! :P

Yes, some ppl scout badly.....

Yes, some ppl do not always use the search tool effectively...

YES, some new ppl MAY just talk about the latest player they found on bbc sport or comment on Man Utd's recent signing...

BUT WHAT IS HONESTLY SO BAD ABOUT THAT! :mad:

At least their contributing, at least their trying to help, at least their adding to the debate and it annoys me when some forumer with a phalus on his head (think i spelt phalus right ;) ) spends a some of his life b*tching about how hes been mentioned before in the 59th page of some ancient list....SO WHAT! Hes up again so i cant miss him :)

These currently mediocre scouts may well blossom into the next bestpay so y alienate them now?

I'd like to see the maker of this thread come off his high horse enough long enough to read this as its really touched a nerve :o

Btw, i hv no problems with scouts, the likes of Seftinho and bestpay (and many others i dont hv space to mention, possibly one of u) ive found to be great ppl as well as excellent scouts (who hv helped more than one of my teams decisively :) ).

Now to w8 for the inevitable banterful abuse (or even agreement :eek: ) :rolleyes:

EDITS:

1) Don't remove rep, its nice to c ppl commending ur work. Even if it is kinda meaningless...

2) Please do not sticky this, to me it just opitimizes the meaningless squablling and patronizing that are the worst elements of this forum, thats my honest opinion.

3) Ive just read the thread through again and it was worded nicely so i dont think it really deserved the harsh reponse i gave, in not gonna change it as that is my opinion but dont take it personally, alright? :D

This is not some sort of rule ive made. It is a request to all scouts, which they fully decide if they want to follow. Im saying this because i myself does scouting for fun, and i think everyone should do that. Some people might think that im just playing saint and that i also scout for rep. I dont! Agreed, i have done a couple of times before (as mentioned earlier), but i dont do that now. Its much more pleasant to read a scouting thread written by a scout who does it for fun, than a guy who does it for the rep. Personally, i appreciate a nice reply much more than rep. Even though rep is nice to have, it is not something i want to literally live for. I dont want to have to defend this thread, as it is my opinion, and im just saying this because i know some only scout for the rep. I ask people to scout because they want, but i dont force them to do it.

:)