I'm gonna be a Dad!!

Dai

Re: I'm gonna be a Dad!!

Good luck buddy, hope everything goes well and that there are no complications. It is the best feeling in the world when once they are born and are handed to you the emotion that sweeps over even the hardest of males is overwhelming.

It is the best feeling ever when you look at the little thing in your arms and realise you created her.

Good luck and best wishes to all, oh and all the horror stories you have probably heard they are all TRUE!!!!!

Congratulations mate' date=' I have two myself, and there is no feeling quite like it.

If I can offer some serious advice, if you're planning on going in with her to give support, DO NOT go down the business end. You have been warned! :D[/quote']

HAHAHAH FOR A DAD THAT'S A RATHER UNUSUAL (BUT STILL WICKED) AVATAR!

Congrats Dai, I hope you have a healthy daughter. I can't wait to become a dad hahah

Guest joe black

Lol,now your troubles start mate,but its all worth it.......delighted for you and your partner,get away down to Colraine hospital with a bunch of flowers and a pink babygrow lol........i know you are Welsh but break the habit of a life time and buy your mates in Portrush a few drinks to "wet the babys head" its an old Ulster tradition:p.........ya only live around the corner from the best whiskey in the world;):)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Daddy Dai !

Seeing as your baby is a girl, I felt I would give you some advice :

• Beware of the soiled nappies :D
  • The terrible tantrums around about when the kid gets 2 years old.
  • Then your 'baby' becomes a teenager:eek: ! Look out for the mood swings and the slammed doors !
  • Then your child gets interetsed in the opposite sex. Despite your best intentions, your child starts meeting a lad with piercings in places you never you had places !
  • Even if you are convinced the lad smokes cocaine, your child starts to think that you are just trying to stop her fun.
  • Once the lad dumps your child, get ready for her to come to you for a shoulder to cry on.
  • Then as she comes of age, get ready for her to leave the nest ! All that hard work, then she leaves !

Aaah, kids, who would have 'em, eh ? :D

I Am A Dad!!!!

As of 10:54 this morning I am the PROUD dad of a beautiful little girl called Keira Louis Winston....

She weighed 7lb 14 which is a good healthy weight...

I am so fricking proud of Vicky also, she had to go through a mad 24 hours:eek: of labour which she dealt with brilliantly, with the help of the gas and air, which is lovely I might add...:D;)

On top of that there were complications, nothing too bad, but Vicky has a heart condition called Aortic Synosis which she has had since birth. It is a moderate murmor which means there is a wee hole in the aortic Valve.

Because of this We did not go to Coleraine Hospital, which is only 10/15 mins from where I live, at all. We have been travelling an hour and 10 minutes every week to Belfast's amazing Royal Victoria Hospital where they have special units that deal with Vicky and people like her....

With the heart condition stopping her from being able to push the baby on her own she had to have a doctor use forceps (It is as nasty as it sounds!!!). At times, in between chugging on the air and gas she was telling me to knock the doctor out for doing this to her.... I could only laugh, as did the doctor, Nervously..lol :o

All in all I have a wonderful little girl who is fit and healthy and I am extatic, there is no feeling like being handed a little person that you made and just starring at them.... I am not a hard man at all and just couldn't keep the tears in, its the best feeling I have ever had!!!! I am even getting upset now just reliving it all in my head....

My two girls will be home on Wednesday which I cant wait for, I will defo post pictures as soon as possible and I would like to thank everyone for your very kind and supportive words...

Cheers

"Daddy Dai!" :P

Re: I Am A Dad!!!!

As of 10:54 this morning I am the PROUD dad of a beautiful little girl called Keira Louis Winston....

I am so fricking proud of Vicky also' date=' she had to go through a mad 24 hours:eek: of labour which she dealt with brilliantly, with the help of the gas and air, which is lovely I might add...:D;)

On top of that there were complications, nothing too bad, but Vicky has a heart condition called Aortic Synosis which she has had since birth. It is a moderate murmor which means there is a wee hole in the aortic Valve.

Because of this We did not go to Coleraine Hospital, which is only 10/15 mins from where I live, at all. We have been travelling an hour and 10 minutes every week to Belfast's amazing Royal Victoria Hospital where they have special units that deal with Vicky and people like her....

With the heart condition stopping her from being able to push the baby on her own she had to have a doctor use forceps (It is as nasty as it sounds!!!). At times, in between chugging on the air and gas she was telling me to knock the doctor out for doing this to her.... I could only laugh, as did the doctor, Nervously..lol :o

All in all I have a wonderful little girl who is fit and healthy and I am extatic, there is no feeling like being handed a little person that you made and just starring at them.... I am not a hard man at all and just couldn't keep the tears in, its the best feeling I have ever had!!!! I am even getting upset now just reliving it all in my head....

My two girls will be home on Wednesday which I cant wait for, I will defo post pictures as soon as possible and I would like to thank everyone for your very kind and supportive words...

Cheers

"Daddy Dai!" :P[/quote']

I know i don't know you to well, but congratulations with your new born and i wish for all the best with your new family. :)

Re: I Am A Dad!!!!

I am so fricking proud of Vicky also' date=' she had to go through a mad 24 hours:eek: of labour which she dealt with brilliantly, with the help of the gas and air, which is lovely I might add...:D;)

Cheers

"Daddy Dai!" :P[/quote']

Im so happy for you man, hope you have fun looking after your beautiful baby girl 20 hours a day haha :P