Sign in to follow this  
Samir7

Juande Ramos Sacked!

Spurs sack Ramos

Ramos, Poyet and Comolli leave

Tottenham have confirmed that manager Juande Ramos has left the club.

Spurs have acted to axe the Spanish coach after their worst start to a league campaign in their history.

They have also confirmed that sporting director Damien Comolli and Ramos's number two Gus Poyet have left the club.

The announcement has now come less than 24 hours before their Premier League clash with Bolton, and they confirmed that Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe would be in charge for the clash.

The club statement read: "The club can announce that Damien Comolli, sporting Ddirector, Juande Ramos, head coach and first team coaches, Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet, have left the club, with immediate effect. We wish them well.

"Clive Allen, development squad coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, youth team Manager, will take charge for Sunday's League match against Bolton.

"An announcement will be made on First Team coaching staff in due course."

Ramos joined Spurs just two-days short of a year.

Redknapp 'agrees' Spurs deal

Portsmouth boss set for White Hart Lane

Harry Redknapp has confirmed to Sky Sports News that he is going to be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

Shortly after confirming the departure of manager Juande Ramos, sporting director Damien Comolli and assistant boss Gus Poyet - Spurs confirmed they had made a move for Redknapp.

Portsmouth quickly agreed to Spurs' offer of £5million for their manager and now Redknapp is on his way to North London.

Redknapp explained Spurs made their first move on Thursday.

"I was in Portugal, waiting for a flight back [after Portsmouth's Uefa Cup match against Braga] and we got a phone call from Tottenham saying they would like to speak to me," he revealed to Sky Sports News.

"They spoke with Peter Storrie [Portsmouth chief executive] and he spoke with Daniel Levy, and I think they came to agreement where the club are actually playing £5milion in compensation which is a great deal for Portsmouth.

"But I think they needed the money, things are right but the club have been fantastic but we only get 19,000 - we tried to sell one more player during the window and in the end I guess they have sold the manager."

Redknapp admitted he could not turn down the chance to move to Spurs.

"It was a great opportunity for me, Tottenham are a great club - but I honestly loved, genuinely love my time at Portsmouth I have never been happier - but Tottenham have come in and £5million is great for Portsmouth and I will now see what I can do at Tottenham."

He also confirmed that he will be Tottenham boss before their match with Bolton and he is likely to pick the side, alongside caretaker management team Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe.

"It is going to be done tonight [saturday] and by tomorrow morning I will be in place, and yes I will go to the game and I will pick the team obviously and I will be in the dressing room and hopefully we can get a result, and hopefully Portsmouth will get a result too," he confirmed.

Sad about leaving

Redknapp was keen to stress how sad he was about leaving Fratton Park.

"Portsmouth is in great shape, the best players they have ever had in Tony Adams and Joe Jordan they have two fantastic people, coaches and I would just like to thank everyone for the great times I have had there and hopefully they will go just as well at Tottenham," he said.

"The funds are tight, we were talking about selling players in January, and we were hoping to do a deal or two and suddenly Tottenham have come in and offered £5million and to be honest, it was good for the club to do a deal and for me it is the chance to manage a big, big club before I retire."

He admitted that he has a tough task ahead of him at White Hart Lane.

"They have a decent squad on paper, but it is not a well balanced - I think maybe a soft centre and think we need a bit more strength and aggression," he said.

"They don't pick up two points if they are that good - they have been on a horrendous run of games and we have to get cracking and get some results.

"I am sure Juande Ramos was a terrific manager, but he just didn't get the breaks and hopefully I can go in their and get a bit of luck and pick up some results.

"It is a club with great tradition, we have got to stay up here and take it from there."

No Adams move

Redknapp also confirmed that his backroom staff at Portsmouth - Arsenal legend Tony Adams and Joe Jordan, were unlikely to follow him.

"I don't think Tony would be a goer and I spoke to Joe - but Portsmouth would want to keep Joe or Tony as manager and they could not do much better than taking those two," he said.

He also insisted that the Tottenham offer was very different to that of Newcastle - who he rejected last year.

"The Newcastle one was a great offer, but I was just so happy at Portsmouth it never entered my mind that I would leave," he said.

"This is where I thought I would finish, I was comfortable there but once Tottenham came in, once the offer was made it was difficult for them to turn down a £5million offer for the manager - it is crazy money for a manger and hopefully people will remember what I have done there.

"Once Portsmouth accepted the compensation package it was all systems go.

"I am great friends with Peter [storrie] and Sascha [Gaydamak. Pompey owner] and hopefully that will remain for a long time to come."

Re: Juande Ramos Sacked!

The Spurs website is now saying that they have asked Portsmouth for permission to speak to Harry Redknapp and that it has been granted.....

Not sure this was the right decision tbh - there is a culture problem at Spurs. The players are more than talented enough to get results and Ramos is a good coach, but a losing mentality is hard to shift!

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli and have appointed Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

Spurs confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website on Saturday.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7691457.stm

have they definately got redknapp in!?! cos i dont no why he would want to leave pompey after buying defoe and crouch and that.

Because Spurs are potentially a very very big player in english football - Redknapp will see this as his last chance at the big time I guess - and I wouldn't bet against him doing well given time either

Redknapp will be at the Spurs Game against Bolton Tommorrow + Im Goin To Watch Spurs Play Against Liverpool In Like 2 Weeks, In The Carling Cup, So I Expect A Victory. :D

But Losing Damien Comolli, I think, is a gamble because he has scouted some good youngsters for Spurs.

Because Spurs are potentially a very very big player in english football - Redknapp will see this as his last chance at the big time I guess - and I wouldn't bet against him doing well given time either

Mistake by Redknapp in my view, hes put a good team together at Pompy.

Ramos to Alt Madrid then?

Mistake by Redknapp in my view' date=' hes put a good team together at Pompy.

Ramos to Alt Madrid then?[/quote']

Disagree with you tbh mate. I look at it this way. Can he take Portsmouth any further? Probably not, he won the FA Cup and took them into Europe. For a Pompy fan that is probably as good as it gets.

Properly managed Spurs could be a champions league club - Redknapp is coming to the end of his career and wants a shot at the very top level - I totally understand the move.

The state Tottenham are in it's maybe a bit of a risk - but he's up to the challenge - the alternative is guiding Pompey to mid table every year for the next 3 seasons. I know what I would do in his shoes - it's good he still has ambition

Ramos will resurface somewhere in Spain without doubt

It was the right desicion to sack Ramos i couldnt see where they were going to get any points from. But Redknapp is a gamble hopefully it pays off for them. Wonder who will be the new Pompey coach. Dont think they will be able to bring in a better manager than Redknapp.

It was the right desicion to sack Ramos i couldnt see where they were going to get any points from. But Redknapp is a gamble hopefully it pays off for them. Wonder who will be the new Pompey coach. Dont think they will be able to bring in a better manager than Redknapp.

I totally disagree.

I think they should have stuck with Ramos. It's not his fault the team is doing shat! I blame Levy. He sold the best strike partnership in England and brought in a hit and miss forward in Pavyluchenko, and only loan a young unreliable Campbell? And don't get me started on Bent! lol

Spurs sacked Jol and what a mistake that was...he's basically top in Germany with Hamburger! I think if they would have given Ramos more time / money he would have led them to success. I don't see what Harry can do that will be much better tbh. Maybe it will raise the team for a few games but that may all be what happens. I wish him all the best though.

Good luck to Ramos too! Glad he didn't walk out, he wanted his compensation and fair play to him. But if Spurs what to move forward they have to get rid of Levy who wants to run the club. Managers need FULL control and TIME to get things right.

He has good players at his disposal and you have to get them to play well. Its his job and he didnt do it. Comolli signed the players but if Ramos was a good manager he would get the best out of what he had. Tactical desicions like playing King in the cup competitions was also a bad decision when the emphasis has to be on staying in the Premier League rather than winning a cup. Its the right desicion but the question is can Redknapp do what Ramos could not.

He has good players at his disposal and you have to get them to play well. Its his job and he didnt do it. Comolli signed the players but if Ramos was a good manager he would get the best out of what he had. Tactical desicions like playing King in the cup competitions was also a bad decision when the emphasis has to be on staying in the Premier League rather than winning a cup. Its the right desicion but the question is can Redknapp do what Ramos could not.

Players were bought that he didn't want. Why bu Corluka when you have a good RB already? Managers need full control to be most successful, you just can't buy a shipload of players and expect them to play well, its about knowing what suits what. I hope Harry can do better but I doubt that he will.

Players were bought that he didn't want. Why bu Corluka when you have a good RB already? Managers need full control to be most successful' date=' you just can't buy a shipload of players and expect them to play well, its about knowing what suits what. I hope Harry can do better but I doubt that he will.[/quote']

Hutton was injured when they bought Corluka but I agree they didn't need Corluka anyway. They had Zokora doing alright at RB.

I'm surprised they've done it now, thought they might give Juande the Bolton game at least. Commoli's no surprise, the longer he's been there the more hit and miss he's become. If your job is basically just to scout and buy players you've gotta get more right than you do wrong, I don't know if he could say that. Plus the fact anybody could see Spurs have been crying out for some width on the left hand side for a while now, particularly with Malbranque leaving, and still haven't got a left winger in. Just a boatload of central and right midfielders. The striker situation was really badly handled as well, though depending on who you listen to that was more Levy than Commoli.

Good move for 'Arry though, potentially a big, big club with enough money to throw around to get them out of trouble fairly comfortably. Aren't Pompey apparently in a bid of trouble as well, Gaydamak maybe bailing out already?

Odds on Defoe back to Spurs in January? :D

Spurs are mad and are in total shambles. The first thing they need to do is sack Levy and sign someone intstead of signing cr ap players. But tbh why did they sack Ramos. Agreed thet weren't getting the results but they weren't playing badly were they. They were a bit unlucky in some games and as somone said they could have waited till the Bolton game to see if Spurs could get back on track.

Well Ramos is finally sacked. About time he was as well. Yes i do agree that Spurs did play well in some games and were a bit unlucky but that is no excuse for getting just 2 poins in 8 games !!! That is just pathetic !!!

I'm perttu shoched to see Redknapp join Spurs though. Didn't really expect him to leave (atleast at this stage). Signing him might just be Spurs ticket to success though. He really is a quality manager and imo is more than capable of briniging out the best in this Spurs side. On the other hand i really wonder what will happen to Pompey now. It will be interesting to see. ;):)