Sign in to follow this  
Samir7

Juande Ramos Sacked!

Re: Juande Ramos Sacked!

Spurs did the smart thing and sack Ramos. He has been playing the wrong players in the wrong formation for too long. The stats don't lie - 3 wins in all competitions since winning the League Cup. I don't think he could handle the Premiership as La Liga is much slower and he thought the Premiership would be a walk in the park

I think Redknapp is making a big mistake going to Spurs as he is leaving Pompey who are in 7th place and joining the team that is bottom of the league who are also low on confidence and play like individuals instead of a team

Its a sad sad day 4 pompey fans, im feeling so depressed. I knew Harry was gonna go to a bigger club some day but i didnt expect it to happen so quickly.

I would expect Tony Adams 2 be named manager due to r money problem. Sam Alladyce linked aswell.

No one can be better than harry 4 us though.

I totally disagree.

I think they should have stuck with Ramos. It's not his fault the team is doing shat! I blame Levy. He sold the best strike partnership in England and brought in a hit and miss forward in Pavyluchenko' date=' and only loan a young unreliable Campbell? And don't get me started on Bent! lol

Spurs sacked Jol and what a mistake that was...he's basically top in Germany with Hamburger! I think if they would have given Ramos more time / money he would have led them to success. I don't see what Harry can do that will be much better tbh. Maybe it will raise the team for a few games but that may all be what happens. I wish him all the best though.

Good luck to Ramos too! Glad he didn't walk out, he wanted his compensation and fair play to him. But if Spurs what to move forward they have to get rid of Levy who wants to run the club. Managers need FULL control and TIME to get things right.[/quote']

Agree with that... would definitely of given him a few more games at least, there's plenty of time to get out of the mess they're in.

As you say, once Keane and Berba left and nobody of their class was brought in to replace them, it was always going to end up this way :rolleyes:

Surprised to see Redknapp move though as he's done a fantastic job at Pompey

When you consider how Jol was treated this can't be a surprise, hardly a surprise about Redknapp either as he said he was finished in the game after leaving West Ham. Jol must have a wee smile on his face and, whilst I'm a fan of Spurs, Keane and Berbatov will no doubt see their careers develop a lot better than had they stayed.

The thing that surprises me is the timing of this announcement, with both clubs playing today. This may benefit Spurs, almost any words of change should at least galvanize the clearly unhappy players there into a good performance, but I can't see why Pompey wouldn't try and delay this until after their game.

If Harry isn't taking charge of Spurs today then why not stay at Pompey for this game, or even delay the announcement out of respect to the club, as I just worry that this may unsettle the players.

Having said that, it's only Fulham...

Agree with that... would definitely of given him a few more games at least' date=' there's plenty of time to get out of the mess they're in.

As you say, once Keane and Berba left and nobody of their class was brought in to replace them, it was always going to end up this way :rolleyes:

Surprised to see Redknapp move though as he's done a fantastic job at Pompey[/quote']

But that's not the only problems is it? They are conceding a load of soft goals, and that's because they don't have a holding midfielder. Modric, Jenas and Zakora are sharing that spot, and none of them can hold. Without a holding midfielder, you get crucified. Chelsea have Essien/Mikel, Liverpool have Mascherano, even Gerrard can do the job, Man Utd have Carrick, Hargreaves, etc. Portsmouth have Diarra and Aston Villa have Reo-Coker.

But tbh, the whole 'Director of Football' nonsense is completely ruining the game. Managers should have full control of the club, and we've seen time and time again that it doesn't work. At Spurs, at Hearts, Newcastle.. etc anywhere it is used it fails. The DoF ends up buying players that the manager doesn't want, and doesn't fit into their team. Stupid.

For someone such as meself who lives in North Landan round the N17 area, all i can say to this news about Ramos' sacking is...... that altho many of people have called for his head, now that its happened, if anything, i feel sorry for him, especially with how quick we where to replace him with Redknapp, just makes ya think the board had been planning this for some time. :rolleyes:

Basically for me and alot of the general consensus around the north london area is that he's been used as the scapegoat behind the true and real problem which is the Spurs board for one :mad: and secondly that tossa that is Commoli and thank god!!!!!!! he's finally..... GONE!!! :D

I mean c'mon it dont take no yuppy to figure out when ya have someone who's willin to splash £18mill on Darren 'poncin' Bent, they're well off there trolley and thats just the tip of his dealings, also lettin go of Keano was catastrophic, he was all heart for spurs, sure he probably wanted out of the club anyways, but still, he gave 100% everytime. One good thing about Commoli leaving is... he's FRENCH!! C'mon Arsenal have him, he'll do wonders for ure club. ;) He might even swap Nasri for Modric. :D

Spurs first big mistake was losing Jol, he was Spurs best manager since the EPL was formed. Then they sold both of their best players and replaced then with some russian one hit wonder.

Managers need full control of their teams how to you expect them to do their job if the DoF is choosing who to buy.

Now Spurs have a new manager and he will need time to settle in and get the team and tactics sorted, and lets be honest its a shambles at the minute.

Harry Redknapp to be sacked before the end of the season ?

Spurs first big mistake was losing Jol' date=' he was Spurs best manager since the EPL was formed. Then they sold both of their best players and replaced then with some russian one hit wonder.

Managers need full control of their teams how to you expect them to do their job if the DoF is choosing who to buy.

Now Spurs have a new manager and he will need time to settle in and get the team and tactics sorted, and lets be honest its a shambles at the minute.

Harry Redknapp to be sacked before the end of the season ?[/quote']

I agree with ya Allan about Jol, still cant comprehend what happened about Jol, except that once again like our England FA, people in the Spurs board who know nothing about football, went stickin there noses in and out in issues they know jack all about, that and Commoli who thinks he's a propa 'jack-the-lad' was a swine coward, judas to Jol. :mad:

No Doubt Redknapp will need time to turn this team around, certainly i think something will have to happen in the January Window, funds will need to be available even tho Spurs have already spent over £70mill in the summer. :rolleyes: And lastly the board will need to stop havin a butchers and stop trying to create fancy business titles for people that dont need to be there, and let the gaff get on with it, and buy his own players, not some Del-Boy who's runnin on 3 wheels.

Well to be honest, when i compare Totnum and Portsmouths teams, i really cant see how Totnums squad is better, if anything Portsmouths squad just has the edge. Especially in the attacking area, id pick Defoe and Crouch over Bent and Pavyluchenko any day!

Bad decision by Harry imo

Well to be honest' date=' when i compare Totnum and Portsmouths teams, i really cant see how Totnums squad is better, if anything Portsmouths squad just has the edge. Especially in the attacking area, id pick Defoe and Crouch over Bent and Pavyluchenko any day!

Bad decision by Harry imo[/quote']

It's not about the here and now though - Harry has taken Pompey as far as he can. Spurs have potential to be much better. Like he says, he wants a go at a big club before he retires. Good luck to him I say

It's not about the here and now though - Harry has taken Spurs as far as he can. Spurs have potential to be much better. Like he says' date=' he wants a go at a big club before he retires. Good luck to him I say[/quote']

Harry has taken Spurs as far as he can? :eek: he has not even played a game yet give him a chance! ;):P

Spurs fans should be used to sacking managers now, I'm happy they are bottm and love the fact Jol is doing great.

Harry has taken Spurs as far as he can? :eek: he has not even played a game yet give him a chance! ;):P

Spurs fans should be used to sacking managers now' date=' I'm happy they are bottm and love the fact Jol is doing great.[/quote']

Edited, but if he loses today I imagine the fans will be on his back! B)

I agree with ya Allan about Jol' date=' still cant comprehend what happened about Jol, except that once again like our England FA, people in the Spurs board who know nothing about football, went stickin there noses in and out in issues they know jack all about, that and Commoli who thinks he's a propa 'jack-the-lad' was a swine coward, judas to Jol. :mad:

No Doubt Redknapp will need time to turn this team around, certainly i think something will have to happen in the January Window,[b'] funds will need to be available even tho Spurs have already spent over £70mill in the summer.[/b] :rolleyes: And lastly the board will need to stop havin a butchers and stop trying to create fancy business titles for people that dont need to be there, and let the gaff get on with it, and buy his own players, not some Del-Boy who's runnin on 3 wheels.

This is the common mistake made by most people. lol

Spurs made a profit in the transfer window! They sold Berbatov and Keane for £50 million, and got about £20 million from Sunderland. The profit wasn't massive, maybe around the £10 million mark but still, they didn't lose any money! So funds would need to be available in January to bring in a world class forward and center half if Spurs wish to do well.

I totally disagree.

I think they should have stuck with Ramos. It's not his fault the team is doing shat! I blame Levy. He sold the best strike partnership in England and brought in a hit and miss forward in Pavyluchenko' date=' and only loan a young unreliable Campbell? And don't get me started on Bent! lol

Spurs sacked Jol and what a mistake that was...he's basically top in Germany with Hamburger! I think if they would have given Ramos more time / money he would have led them to success. I don't see what Harry can do that will be much better tbh. Maybe it will raise the team for a few games but that may all be what happens. I wish him all the best though.

Good luck to Ramos too! Glad he didn't walk out, he wanted his compensation and fair play to him. But if Spurs what to move forward they have to get rid of Levy who wants to run the club. Managers need FULL control and TIME to get things right.[/quote']

I disagree. I don't love Levy, as he is very dispassionate, but at the end of the day he is reliant on the people working for him - as he is not a footballing man but a businessman.

Incidentally, I think there is a very good (and long) letter from Levy on the spurs website. It's an interesting read. Obviously coming from Levy it is bound to avoid placing blame on himself, but everything he says seems fair.

I have lost all respect for Harry Redknapp.

At Portsmouth, he was breaking new ground, was forming a team which could break into the top six, and despite the 3-0 loss to Braga, could have rescued their European campaign. But instead, the green dollar signs lit up in front of his eyes, and he jumped on the first train down to the Championship. I know Tottenham are at this moment leading, but what is a change of manager going to do? They still have a defender crisis, only 3 senior forwards, and a mis-functioning midfield, Modric and Bentley have been imo the worst performers of the season. You can see whats going to happen in January, Defoe will go back to Tottenham, and Kranjcar will want to join up with Harry, Luka (Modric) and Vedran (Corluka)

At Portsmouth' date=' he was breaking new ground, was forming a team which could break into the top six, and despite the 3-0 loss to Braga, could have rescued their European campaign. But instead, the green dollar signs lit up in front of his eyes, and he jumped on the first train down to the Championship. I know Tottenham are at this moment leading, but what is a change of manager going to do? They still have a defender crisis, only 3 senior forwards, and a mis-functioning midfield, Modric and Bentley have been imo the worst performers of the season. You can see whats going to happen in January, Defoe will go back to Tottenham, and Kranjcar will want to join up with Harry, Luka (Modric) and Vedran (Corluka)[/quote']

Why lose respect?

It's a new challenge for him. He done a fantastic job at Pompey including winning the FA cup! I think he wanted a new challenge and he even admitted £5 million was too much for Portsmouth to turn down after missing out on selling a few players in the summer. I don't think the money he is going to earn at Spurs is a big factor, of course it helps lol but I think it was the chance of a new challenge.

At Portsmouth' date=' he was breaking new ground, was forming a team which could break into the top six, and despite the 3-0 loss to Braga, could have rescued their European campaign. But instead, the green dollar signs lit up in front of his eyes, and he jumped on the first train down to the Championship. I know Tottenham are at this moment leading, but what is a change of manager going to do? They still have a defender crisis, only 3 senior forwards, and a mis-functioning midfield, Modric and Bentley have been imo the worst performers of the season. You can see whats going to happen in January, Defoe will go back to Tottenham, and Kranjcar will want to join up with Harry, Luka (Modric) and Vedran (Corluka)[/quote']

I think that os a bit harsh to say. Yes even i was shocked to hear that Redknapp left Pompey for Spurs. I mean Pompey really were doing well and all. He'd really built a good strong team as you have said. But imo he has not left only for the money. He really does love Pompey but he just wanted to manage a bigger club. Put yourself in his boots. He is getting to manage a really big club with some great player like Modric and Bently etc. Why not give it a good shot. Maybe he will be able to weave his mangic her as well and be able to do the same thing to Spurs as he did to Pompey. Pomepey almost got relegated the season before he came in charge and now look at them now. Imo it's not about the money. I think he's just looking for a new challange, and this time at a greater level and alot more pressure. ;):)

I agree it is a bit harsh on Harry, he got stick for being scared to take the Newcastle job, and now he gets stick for taking on a team even worse off in the league. Can't blame a 61 year old for taking on Spurs myself; the money and the challenge and the location must all have appealed, plus he has a history in the club, and if he can get the side performing they have loads of potential.

Also, listening to him talk earlier, it sounds like the Chairman might be leaving Portsmouth soon and that they are going to be selling players. I don't think many managers would like the idea of their chairman going and their players.

IMO redknapp got pompey to its peak and wasn't going to get them any firthur than he has done. he has simply gone to a club that isn't going to finsh mid-table every season and has a chance of getting to better places.