New Portsmouth Manager?

Shady

who do you reckon will be the new manager of Portsmouth?

Portsmouth Information:

League Position: 7th

Player To Watch: Jermain Defoe

Mediocre Player: David Nugent

Harry Redknap Information:

Manages: Tottenham Hotspur (20th)

Familey in Football: Jamie Redknap (Football Critic) + Frank Lampard (Football Player)

Harry was the best manager Portsmouth have ever had

Re: New Portsmouth Manager?

Hope they get someone who can keep the big players. Some of them only joined because Redknapp was there. Portsmouth were reported to be looking for a new buyer, do you think they wont get a new manager until they get a new buyer? or were the reports about that nonsense :P Nugent wants Adams to be boss it says on SkySports now.

I heard some eejit of a pompey fan say Bilic, off Croatia should be there next man.

1) - He has publicly stated he will see out his national team contract

2) - Im almost certain he said he would only want to manage west ham in the EPL

3) - He has way to much calibre for a club such as pompey.

Just made me laugh when i heard that. I think Raz is right, curbs would be a good shout

Roberto Mancini is without a job isnt he?

I can see Tony Adams taking on the role. He has been taking his coaching badges and he often deals with the media.

On a seperate note, I reckon Defoe, Kranjcar and James will leave for Tottenham in January. James would be no. 1 at Tottenham, no question of a doubt, Defoe would provide competition up front, as its currently just Bent and Pavlyuchenko, and Kranjcar would love to join up with Corluka and Modric. Also, dont rule out Crouch or Diarra.

Aye he is. Was linked with the QPR job last week. :D

I'd put my money on Diarra being the most likely one to make the move. All the players you mentioned would fill a hole at Spurs though.

You say that, but let me just run this past you:

Diarra is a good midfileder, better than the other CM's at Tottenham (bar Modric) but dont you think he is a bit like Zokora?

Defoe is quite similar to Bent, just better at finding the net.

And where would Kranjcar fit in? Left is Bale (Lennon), right is Bentley, CAM is Modric, leaving nowhere for Kranjcar.

I think the only player from that list who would come straight into the starting XI is Crouch, as he would suit Bent, Pavly, Giovani or Defoe (should he move)

It's a funny one really, I can see where you're coming from in calling them similar; they both fill similar roles. But imo they do it completely differently. Zokora's main strength is breaking play up and his pace, strength and power. Diarra has a little of all those things but his vision, technique and passing is off the charts compared to Zokora. He could offer the back four protection and be a deep lying playmaker, which Zokora isn't capable of for me.

Can't argue with Defoe, he'd just be an improvement on what they've already got.

I think Kranjcar would fill a void on the left, I've not seen a lot of Bale if I'm honest, but I do think they've missed Malbranque and Kranjcar could be a belated replacement for him.