Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

Grime Thread

Grime Thread  

1. 1.

Been wanting to make this for a while tbh..

My favorite genre of music by a mile and it really needs to start making it big worldwide (it will happen)

Anyway, I'll start with a poll of your favorite artists and mine is JME as sparky and atkin will know lol.

So just post stuff about it here recent releases,mixtapes,gigs etc..

*Put MTV Base on as its Grime takeover ;)

2464435891_171123defd.jpg

Re: Grime Thread

A mate of mine is best mates with this chap - Scarz "link me".

check him out' date=' he's pretty good. Im more of a rock, indy britpop / electro bloke but dont mind a bit of grime[/quote']

Nice one mate!

I only like JME because a guy I know went school with him and he sent me his mixtapes and i got interested :o

Its good to see an indie kid appreciating grime ;) Dave 'Pilau' Rice from Hadouken does that :D

Guest Atkin

Good to see you finally decided to open the thread mate... Show some of these forumers some real music. :P

Ive been interested in grime for about a year + half now.

My personal favorite MC is Plan B.

planbap.jpg

Also plays Dabz in Adulthood.

Think his vocab + rhythm is quality and strongly recommend you listen to his mix tapes.

Closely followed by Wiley. :)

What on earth is grime? :D

My opinion has dropped of you mate!

Its real UK music, forget hip hop and rap this is real music about life and that makes it the best music by a mile B)

I'd usually use Dizzee Rascal as an example for people who don't know a lot about Grime but he has abandoned Grime and turned to the US rap scene (bell end).

Guest Chris_16

I cannot imagine myself listen to this type of music.

F*ck your head and listen to some House!

My opinion has dropped of you mate!

Its real UK music' date=' forget hip hop and rap this is real music about life and that makes it the best music by a mile B)

I'd usually use Dizzee Rascal as an example for people who don't know a lot about Grime but he has abandoned Grime and turned to the US rap scene (bell end).[/quote']

I wouldn't know the difference between UK rap, US rap, grime, hip hop etc if it hit me in the face. All I know is i've heard enough of it to form the opinion i don't like it :D

But before I offend anyone I will take my bow and leave you to discuss it :)

I wouldn't know the difference between UK rap' date=' US rap, grime, hip hop etc if it hit me in the face. All I know is i've heard enough of it to form the opinion i don't like it :D

But before I offend anyone I will take my bow and leave you to discuss it :)[/quote']

Lol.

i'd rather you stuck around and got into it mate ;)

Its basically like what US Rock is to UK Indie.

Guest Atkin

Haha she would be a real MC from the endz!

200px-dot_cotton_branning1.jpg

She is wasted in the acting industry. :P:rolleyes:

Anyway' date=' back on topic... [/font']

Guest Atkin

I know this song is yonks old now but I figured id post it up as i was listening to it earlier on.

xfgYDMJX_vM

Not bad for a 13 year old I think. :o

Guest Chris_16

I'm not a fan of this type of music and never will be... but what about Soulja Boy? His songs are pretty popular here in Malta... but I don't know whether he's English or not...

I'm not a fan of this type of music and never will be... but what about Soulja Boy? His songs are pretty popular here in Malta... but I don't know whether he's English or not...

Soulja Boy :confused:

He's sh*t 'Hip Hop' artist mate lol, one good (barely) track and he thinks he's Gods gift to music. Don't encourage his music and if anyone has it on give em a slap lol

Guest Chris_16

Soulja Boy :confused:

He's sh*t 'Hip Hop' artist mate lol' date=' one good (barely) track and he thinks he's Gods gift to music. Don't encourage his music and if anyone has it on give em a slap lol[/quote']

In most discos many of his tracks are played here... especially "Crank That" and "Get Silly!"... I hate hip-hop and rap, but those 2 are not that much bad :o

I didn't know there was Grime fans on here:eek:

Here's some unknown grime artists that has potential to make it big imo!

1) http://www.myspace.com/spardamc

2) http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=182970099&MyToken=6022ed41-6320-4661-9deb-472b40109ac2

If you want more ask, ALOT of grime talent in London!

In most discos many of his tracks are played here... especially "Crank That" and "Get Silly!"... I hate hip-hop and rap' date=' but those 2 are not that much bad :o[/quote']

:eek: He is a very bad representation of music as a whole but mainly hip hop. Crank that is the tune I meant that made him big and when it was out everyone loved it but when you look back now, it was terrible lol

I didn't know there was Grime fans on here:eek:

Here's some unknown grime artists that has potential to make it big imo!

1) http://www.myspace.com/spardamc

2) http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=182970099&MyToken=6022ed41-6320-4661-9deb-472b40109ac2

3) http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69876746

If you want more ask' date=' ALOT of grime talent in London![/quote']

Keep em coming man ;)

Cascade is someone i've actually heard of and he has loads of talent and yeah he should make it!

Oh and...ALL talent in London ;)