la Résistance (Official thread)

Kylan N17

Re: la Résistance (Official thread)

Gomis inspires Tottenham to 3-0 win at Celtic

Une-panthere-a-Lyon_actus.jpg

Bafetimbi Gomis played a crucial role in Tottenham's 3-0 win at Celtic. The Frenchman opened the scoring 15 minutes in with a looping header into the far corner before sending Naldo clear and the defender finished with ease with 3 minutes to go to half time. Gomis setup Bendtner for Tottenham's 3rd goal just 1 minute after the break with a surging run to the byline before pulling it back to his strike partner who slotted the ball into the far corner. Arango came close to making it 4-0 to the London outfit but his 25 yard dipping shot rattled the Celtic crossbar. The win moves Tottenham back into 3rd place.

Valencia beat Madrid 3-2 at the Bernabeu. :D A hattrick from Ezequiel Lavezzi. (:eek:) Why can't I have him as the SP? :(:( Will steer the club to safety this season' date=' but expect to do a lot better next season.[/quote']

Still in the drop zone though! :( 13 games left so a lot could happen yet.

PAV SCORES! :eek:

Yes you heard, Lyon's supposed Star Man Roman Pavlyuchenko actually scored a goal today against Sporting CP. The match ended up in a dissappointing 2-2 draw and with Miralem Pjanic scoring Lyon's other goal.

In transfer news, Lyon are looking for a Striker to provide Pavlyuchenko some competition for the starting place up front, will offer Juninho for a 91+ Striker.

PM me in game.

Newly Revived la Viola come close

Fiorentina 2 - 2 Barcelona

(See Allan's post for MR)

- Post-match reaction -

58364t40h816a.jpgZlatanIbrahimovicNew.jpg

So dawned the age of the "Ibra-Ronaldo" era at Fiorentina today, whereby al was looking ever so promising with a go ahead goal, from Montolivo who was back from serving a suspension for spilling Gelato on the Pope at the Vatican in Roma, then new signing Ibra plied his trade, dazzling the home crowd with a great display of a goal to go up 2-nil. From there Barca regained composure and tied it up for a final score of 2-2. Ibra had this to say about his debut;

It felt good to get out there and get a goal, shame about the result though, especially when we where 2-nil up, that's a bit disappointing, but something to learn from. Things can only get better from here for us, i really feel we can compete maybe not this year, but most surely next season.

Manager Kylan, was full of praise after the match;

It's a bit bittersweet really, we knew even with Ibra we wouldn't be faves in this match but we held our own here at home. Ibra put in a great debut, i can't say the same for our defense, but it's a place we need to strengthen in and get better. Barca is a tough team, to have a 2-nil lead was priceless, but we'll be positive, we got a point and aren't in the drop zone yet, we will have to be up for a fight this season. I must add though, it was great to see David Villa didn't score against us, technically doesn't that mean i win Allan. ;):P

In other news, rumours are circulating that Fiorentina have filed for a restraining order against Manchester City, after an inside employee of the Florence club has said the Eastlands outfit has been making numerous on top of numerous calls trying to flog it's players to Fiorentina on a daily basis, this matter will be much more evolved once we have more details. :rolleyes::D

star players goal count!

(SEASON 4)

- @ end of Week 9 -

Meals On Wheels SS.JR

->Raul: 2 goals

->Amauri: 4 goals

->Luis Fabiano: 5 goals

->Thierry Henry: 4 goals

Bananas in Pyjamas

->Karim Benzema: 2 goals

->Luca Toni: 3 goals

->Carlos Tevez: 2 goals

->Patrick Helmes: 0 goals

The RangaRoos

->Wayne Rooney: 0 goals

->Roman Pavlyuchenko: 1 goal

->Liédson: 9 goals

->Alexander Frei: 7 goals

LONG LIVE MUNT!

->Didier Drogba: 0 goals

->Fernando Torres: 4 goals

->Cristiano Ronaldo: 4 goals

->Pavel Pogrebnyak: 1 goal

i don't care.

->Diego Forlan: 4 goals

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 3 goals

->Robinho: 7 goals

->Fabio Quagliarella: 2 goals

Sporting Lesbian

->Andres Iniesta: 2 goals

->Antonio Cassano: 6 goals

->Dimitar Berbatov: 1 goal

->Yakubu: 4 goals

la Résistance Nouvelle

The 'SPECIAL 1' slams David Villa! :eek:

jose_capello.jpg

Pictured above, Assistant manager of Fiorentina, Jose Mourinho appearing on his own talk show with England Manager, Fabio Capello diverted his conversation about the World Cup coming up, to the recent deal struck between Fiorentina and Barcelona with regards to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Villa. While Mourinho was full of praise for new signing Ibra, he seemed less impressed with the Spainish International, David Villa taking a last gasp swipe at the player for his performances, questioning the players character, and passion for the game. Aw jezzzz...! BOGSHED! :D

Jose Mourinho on David Villa;

About Daveed Villa, I am verr heppy he eeez gone. From moment he come from Manchester United you can see from player emotion he was not wanting to be here. In Portugal i would what theez English say, 'keeck him in thee bollox'. His proffesionalism i question, he no give 100% at practice, always wanting to joke or eat theez paella, very very bad man i tell you. You listen we give away 'cancer; of the team, veee are much better of without him, so i say good riddance to a player who showed zero loyalty to club, to manager, to players and to Viola supporters. I think the boos he got yesterday he fully deserve you know, eeez right. Barcelona can take the boy, we have the greatest forwrd in theez world now at thee club with Ibra, good riddance David, good bluddy riddance! I go now talking bout Villa has upset me, i no like you know, I could have outplayed him anyday if i was younger, useless player, no passion for game, just money! B)

Scathing words indeed!

d0fb91b37b93d931c27ad7b53a54ea9f-grande.jpg

David Villa who basically prayed for a move away from Fiorentina, got his wish, but is now receiveing alot of stick from supporters,

players and Mourinho in particular. :rolleyes:

Manchester-United@2.old-logo.png

United come back in a Thriller!

A crowd of just over 75,000 people were left absolutely mesmerised at what was one of the games of the season at Old Trafford overnight which saw Manchester United bravely put up a stunning performance to really signal there intentions against free scoring league leaders Sevilla.

Sevilla got off to a flier when striker Freddy Kanoute put them a goal up inside the first minute of the match. Half an hour later and it was 2-0 to Sevilla, with Jesus Navas crashing in a header. Mario Gomez then responded just two minutes later for United with a brilliant half volley after a poor clearance from a corner. However, that still wasnt the last of the goals for the half, with Sevilla seemingly on there way to victory after Luis Fabiano put them 3-1 up 4 minutes from the interval after a goal-mouth scramble.

A Half-time gear up by United manager Razz seemed to be paying off as the home side came out rejuvenated and spirited for the second half. The refreshed hosts pulled a goal back in the 53rd minute through Adrian Mutu, who was at the end of a superb United attacking move. With both sides looking for a goal, it was indeed Manchester Uniteds Mario Gomez who completed his "brace" with a rocket strike that left Andres Palop absolutely no chance in the 72nd minute.

Man United 3 - 3 Sevilla

Kanoute 1'

Navas 31'

Gomez 33'

Luis Fabiano 41'

Mutu 53'

Gomez 72'

43% Possession 57%

19 Total Shots 28

8 Corners 7

11 Shots on target 16

1 Yellow Card 0

0 Red Card 0

Im really happy with this performance. I really gave the boys a verbal belting at half time and they responded very well which is very pleasing. We've found some form now which is good to see, a tough game against Barca to come though so its not something we can dwell on, we need to continue our form and try and get a result in spain later this week.

Mario%2520Gomez.jpg

Mario Gomez - Instrumental for Man utd.

United bring in talented playmaker!

Manchester United, just like Fiorentina, have indeed snapped up a gem themselves overnight with the capture of former Zenit and Russia star, Andrei/y Arshavin!

The deal which sees Alberto Gilardino and youngster Edin Dzeko move to the russian side with the accordance of 1 sulky million pound :D. United shrugged off speculation linking sides such as Fiorentina, Villarreal, Sevilla, Milan and even Everton :confused: with the talismanic superstar, but overall it was the gentleman-like Man Utd manager Razz that lured Arshavin to Manchester.

Arshavin, when asked why he chose man utd, stated:

Well man utd was always one of my prefered, there a great side with great history having won the division two title the season before last, enjoying a quality season last time out aswell. But mostly it was the kindness and appeal of the gaffa which really lured me there. The conversation I had with him on the phone was very nice, hes such a warm person and as soon as i spoke with him I knew Manchester was where I wanted to go.

Man utd manager Razz had this to say about his newest recruit.

Well im very happy that we;ve been able to snap a player of Andreys ability up and bring him to the club. I would also like to thank the Zenit manager who was emphatically kind and easy going. The deal was made in quite quick timing which is surprising because these type of deals usually seem to drag on a little bit, so id like to thank nacho for that. Arshy will fit in well here and im sure he will be a valuable contributor for many a season.

Arshavin.jpg

The Russian Ace Puts Pen To Paper on a 4 Year Deal at Old Trafford.

la Résistance Coupe

- Semi Finals -

THE STAGE IS SET

Date : TODAY!

110_1227090196.jpgVS 398_1201607911.gif

Venue: @ Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Managers: Wes/Sam (Meals on Wheels SS.JR) VS Plan B (Bananas in Pyjamas)

Star Players(SP): Amauri (Juventus) & Carlos Tevez (FC Schalke)

Previous meeting this season: NONE

115_1199412364.gifVS 172_1245420019.jpg

Venue: @ the San Siro

Managers: Stefan Hague (i don't care.) VS Kenneth McCandless (Sporting Lesbian)

Star Players(SP): Diego Forlan (AC Milan) & Dimitar Berbatov (Valencia)

Tottenham selling several youngsters to raise funds

Several Spurs youngsters with some 'exotic' names have been told to find new clubs. Lukas van Eenoo, Blerti Hajdari, Christian Muscalu Valentin, Juan Gabriel Maldonado and Martin Boszorad are the pick of the names. :confused: Ribeiro Ruben, Walter Payer, Marlon Gonzalez, Felix Vargas and Dorian Dervite are also on the transfer list.

star players goal count!

(SEASON 4)

- @ end of LR Coupe, Semi Finals -

Meals On Wheels SS.JR

Bananas in Pyjamas

->Luca Toni: 3 goals

The RangaRoos

->Wayne Rooney: 0 goals

LONG LIVE MUNT!

->Cristiano Ronaldo: 4 goals

->Pavel Pogrebnyak: 1 goal

i don't care.

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 3 goals

Sporting Lesbian

->Dimitar Berbatov: 2 goals

->Yakubu: 4 goals

la Résistance Coupe

- Semi Finals -

RESULTS

110_1227090196.jpg 0 - 3 398_1201607911.gif

Venue: @ Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Managers: Wes/Sam (Meals on Wheels SS.JR) VS Plan B (Bananas in Pyjamas)

Star Players(SP): Amauri (Juventus) & Carlos Tevez (FC Schalke)

- STATS -

Goalscorers: Juventus - NONE

FC Schalke - Valencia(16), Rakitic(33), Pantelic(63)

M.O.M: Marko Pantelic

Possession: 37% - 63%

Total Shots: 10 - 9

Shots on Target: 8 - 7

Corners: 9 - 4

Yellow Cards: 1 - 0

Red Cards: 1 - 0 (Juve - Camorenesi)

Points earned: +5pts for "Bananas in Pyjamas"

115_1199412364.gif 2 - 1172_1245420019.jpg

Venue: @ the San Siro

Managers: Stefan Hague (i don't care.) VS Kenneth McCandless (Sporting Lesbian)

Star Players(SP): Diego Forlan (AC Milan) & Dimitar Berbatov (Valencia)

- STATS -

Goalscorers: AC Milan - Luis Suarez(12), Hangeland(27)

Valencia - Berbatov(1)

M.O.M: Éver Banega

Possession: 57% - 43%

Total Shots: 21 - 20

Shots on Target: 12 - 10

Corners: 4 - 3

Yellow Cards: 1 - 0

Red Cards: 0 - 0

Points earned: +5pts for "i don't care."

Riera finally set for Atletico exit

139_1195931882.gif

Despite a big improvement from Albert Riera this season, he looks set to complete a move to Sevilla tomorrow for a fee of £13 million. Atletico have admitted that ideally they would like to keep Riera, but that the cash will help to improve other areas in the side with strong depth in the wing department. Man City youngster Vladimir Weiss is also transfer listed but as of yet no bid has matched the 19 year old's price.

Atletico travel to Portugal tonight, to face Sporting who are unbeaten in the past 5 games. Madrid will be hoping for a win to keep them on top ahead of Bayern Munich.

Team for tonight's game:

Adler

Thiago Silva - Tasci - Cana

Barnetta - Mascherano - Felipe Melo - Riera

Anderson

Negredo - Liedson

Subs: Ruffier | Evans | Young | Gourcuff | Cavani

City Boss Impressed

Manchester City boss Danny King has said he is very impressed with his teams progress, there in mid table at the moment and fighting for a play off position, he's changed the whole team around and added a few decent players in to the midst of the mancuanian club.

New Signing Daniel Guiza Scores on his debut in a 1-0 win over Liverpool, Danny King Said " I'm Happy for Daniel for scoring, his attitude in training has been sensational and he got rewarded with a start against liverpool and he delivered the goods, plus, it's good for some one else to score a goal and not Frei, i made a few key changes tonight with Ireland and Fellaini being moved to the bench and ibagaza and Galletti starting on a rare game, and they done the buisness so they will be in contention for the next game"

Danny Has Also Said he wants to make ONE more big signing in the coming days, he hasn't said who but we belive it's some one with a 93 rating, maybe a forward as his defence and midfield is pretty Solid, Some one like Tevez, RVP, Forlan some one along those lines, be interesting to see if he could bring in some one on that high profile!!

p-18609.png

Big Winners in Spain

Manchester United travelled to Barcelona and were at there best as the debut of star signing Andrey Arshavin commenced. In front of almost 76 and a half thousand in at the Nou Camp, the small Manchester United faithful that made the trip were making themselves well known. And it was not long before the barca fans were silent as Adrian Mutu put the english side ahead after 15 minutes. Star player Wayne Rooney, who had not even scored one goal this season, popped up and struck his opening goal of the campaign with a sweet strike just six minutes later. 2-0 to united and this is how it stayed untill halftime.

With some stern words from barca manager Allan at halftime, it looked a more tight knitted barca side that came out after the interval. However Barca could not sustain a long period of presure and they were made to pay for it as influential schemer Ribas Diego made it 3-0 to United in the 64th. With 15 minutes left Lionel messi pulled one back for Barca but it was meerely a consolation prize as Adrian Mutu finished the game off in style with a brilliant goal three minutes from time to seal an emphatic 4-1 away win for Manchester United.

Barcelona 1-4 Man utd

Mutu 15'

Rooney 21'

Diego 64'

Messi 75'

Mutu 87'

42% Possession 58%

34 Total Shots 18

13 Shots on Target 6

4 Corners 7

2 Yellow Cards 3

0 Red Cards 0

Im stoked with the performance of the lads. I mean, Barcelona is not a nice place to come and play. The stadium is always jam-packed and there supporters always get on top of you, not to mention the quality in there side. It was always going to be a tough game, but we played exceptionally well and it showed in the end result. To come to Barca and go away with a point is an achievement in itself so to come away with a win plus 3 goals added to the Goal Difference is amazing, we should feel very proud, and we do. asked if he thought Arshavin played well in his debut, Razz said: Arshy was solid today, he was a good performer and in time he will become the talisman alongside the schemer in Ribas. Ribas had a terrific game today and outshone Arshy but in due course we will have both of them firing on all cylinders which is fantastic to have.
_42859827_rooney_celeb416.jpg

Wayne Rooney - Finally breaks his scoring duck for the season with his first in the emphatic win.

La Gazzetto Dello Sport

fiorentina_logo.jpg

Ronaldo + Ibra = FORMAGGIO!

21_1203862898.gif 1 - 3 107_1204588409.gif

- STATS -

Venue: @ Stamford Bridge

Attendance: 42,055

Goalscorers: CHELSEA - Robben(72)

FIORENTINA - Ronaldo(7), Ibrahimovic(20,37)

M.O.M: FIORENTINA - Cristiano Ronaldo

Possesion: 52% - 48%

Total Shots: 27 - 14

Shots on Target: 16 - 5

Corners: 10 - 3

Yellow Cards: 1 (Deco) - 0

Red Cards: 0 - 0

Injuries: CHELSEA - Lampard, Alex

FIORENTINA - NONE

ibrahimovic_ronaldo_480.jpg

Only having signed recently, Ibra continued his goal streak in his second match for la Viola who seems who have made a great,

fearsome partnership with Ronaldo, as they dazzled all at Stamford Bridge.

Well is seems finally after alot of tinkering both in the sqaud and with tactics, Fiorentina manager Kylan has found the right spell and his Fiorentina team after losing 4 matches straight have now not lost in 4 matches straight. Alot of this could be down to the new found morale amongst players after la Viola's latest ascquisition, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, which saw David Villa leave the club, with whom Jose Mourinho reffered to as 'the cancer of the team', saying he was self-centered and un-passionate about the game.

Fiorentina started the match of terrificly at the Bridge, playing agains some real 'world-class' players in Chelsea, yet it only took Cristiano Ronaldo, 7 minutes to find the back of the goal as he hurdled a shot at Cech, who initaially saved it but fumbled the reboud straight back to Ronaldo, who didn't hesitate to score on Cech's error. From there Chelsea stepped up there game, with Essien coming close to scoring and Lampard smashing a shot at the bar. Despite Chelsea upping th tempo, Ibra, who was an absolute BEAST around Chelsea's back 4, managed to just get in on a cross from Affelay, making it '2-nil' to the away side. Things got worse for Chelsea towards the end of the half as yet again, another cross into the box, this time from Hamsik, found a diving header from Ibra, who neatly put it past Cech, 3-nil to a Viola at the half.

The second half saw alot more of a desperate Chelsea come out, as they attcked from every direction, yet to no avail, a Fiorentina defence which has been heavily questioned and has been under fire this season held their own, i took till the 72nd minute for the home side to find their first goal, courtesy of Dutchman, Arjen Robben, who ran onto a through ball and thumped it into the top corner of the goal, beating Frey. Onwards both Essien and Anelka where given great opportunities to score to try and relish even a point out of the match, but Fiorentina stayed strong and did not slip up like they have in the past, final score, 3-1 to Fiorentina. :)

Manager Kylan was extremely pleased about the result, at the end of the match had this to say;

Well finally it seems like things are coming into fruition. Alot has been made of our new signing, Ibra, and i've received numerous calls from LR managers saying i made a bad deal, but to this i say, does a player, only having played 3 matches for us, and has already scored more goals than DV did for us, look like a bad deal? I certainly think not. I would just like to add Affelay, Hamsik and especially Ronaldo where brilliant today, and when they get a player like Ibra service you can expect him to put them goal in. Hopefully we will continue this trend of play.

Ronaldo_Goal_Bolton_Old_Trafford_738758.jpg

Ronaldo put in a MOM performance at the Bridge, something he grew quite used to during his time in England. His play has all of a sudden in the past few games found form, which could be attributed to the recent signing of Ibra,

who also put in a sensational outing, scoring 2 goals.

Manchester City Beat Struggling Liverpool

Manchester City Win a game at eastlands vs a very poor liverpool team, they had numerous chances in the game to score goals, such as pennant, nasri, they both kept blundering the ball wide, getting thier shots know where on target.

There was only one goal in the game and Daniel Guiza was the scorer on his debt in the 33rd minute he climbs over the defender and heads into the corner of the net! Despite Liverpool players complaints there referee Karl Evans Rejected it and deemed it a goal, hard luck for liverpool maybe but they scuandered many chances before the goal came along... At the half, Manchester City come in as the better side, with Frei looking to put liverpool further into tourble but a few chances went begging for the swiss international!

During the second half, liverpool had a few chances but hardly troubled City Keeper David James, The Busier keeper was Reina, if it hadn't been for him, City couldof draw up a crickett score... in the end it was a convicing win for City, Who are looking a mean team at the moment, with a few more players added i can see the psuhing the top three teams more openly. Having Ended the Game With 10 men, with Skrtel being sent off Manchester City still looked the better team, and there goal scorer getting injured and Young City KEEPER JOE HART Coming on to replace him done pretty well on pitch!

City of Manchester Stadium (47,726)

Manchester City / Liverpool

Possession : 52% / 48%

Total Shots: 11 / 9

Shots On Target: 6 / 1

Corners: 10 / 4

Yellow Cards: 1 / 1

Red Cards: 1 / 0

Goal Scorer : Daniel Guiza (33)

M.O.M : Daniel Guiza

star players goal count!

(SEASON 4)

- @ end of Week 10 -

Meals On Wheels SS.JR

Bananas in Pyjamas

->Luca Toni: 4 goals

The RangaRoos

->Wayne Rooney: 1 goal

LONG LIVE MUNT!

->Cristiano Ronaldo: 5 goals

->Alberto Gilardino: 1 goal

i don't care.

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 4 goals

Sporting Lesbian

->Dimitar Berbatov: 2 goals

->Yakubu: 5 goals

Ozil joins Atletico!

ozil.jpg

Werder Bremen's talented 20 year old Mesut Ozil is Atletico Madrid's latest signing, the German youngster joining for £12.5 million from Manchester United. Atletico striker Alvaro Negredo is now expected to move to United for a similar fee.

Ozil's signing gives Atletico 4 extremely talented attacking midfielders, along with Ederson, Gourcuff and Hazard. It's likely that Anderson will now move back into the central midfield, with either Javier Mascherano or Felipe Melo's place at risk. Mascherano has been subject to rumours that he could soon leave the club but Atletico have refused to comment.